The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

*spoiler*Episode 7 is the best Star Wars movie, I won't watch the OT again*spoilers*

SaibotLiu

I will simply treat the OT like something that happened a long time ago, like a fable like how Rey said she thought they were just stories at first. Rey is also the most powerful Jedi ever, this much is clear. She destroyed a dark Jedi like he was a mere pawn in the very first movie. The first thing Luke bested with a lightsaber was a blizzard yeti. Luke went into hiding because he felt Reys power and wanted to go to a quiet place and wait for her to come teach him about the force. As you see, Rey is also the best actor/actress to ever appear in a Star Wars movie. I really love Rey.

Fin is better than Han Solo also. Han Solo is pretty cool but you can be assured that nobody will have to go back and re-edit Fins blaster fights to improve them later. He did a tremendous job. I believe he's also force sensitive, which is another advantage over Han.

Kylo...man Kylo. He has a very strong on screen presence unlike Anakin. When he cracks and goes psycho on something, be somewhere else. While it's true he did lose to a girl, that's okay. That girl as we've established is the strongest Jedi ever, and he did mess up Han Solo and the guy who is better than Han Solo. This is just setting him up for big things later, once he completes his training he will be quite a force. I foresee him needing some sort of breathing apparatus similar to Vader's suit. Except he will sound way cooler.

I'm really impressed with the cast in this movie and I'm glad the original stars could come back and help out. This will be the movie that they're talking about in 20 years while the OT with all its various silly retoolings will be forgotten. JJ went in and remade it the right way, in one go, right off the bat. Home run son, please pass go and collect $200 million dollars, you are a legend.

I know there are some people out there that didn't enjoy the movie, nobody cares, they didn't make the new Star Wars movies for you anyways, they made it for me. For everytime you don't watch The Force Awakens, I'm going to watch it 9 times.

May the force be with you.

Well, lol, that was a very enthusiastic post!

I enjoyed the movie as well. you can rest assured that some people will come in here to crap on your opinion and try to bring your enjoyment down. But I can tell that won't affect you!

I thought the cast of new players was quite good. One thing that stood out for me, and I guess it's a minor thing in the context of the full experience, but I was impressed with Lupita Nyong'o voice acting. She has a rich and vibrant voice and was able to convey thoughtful wisdom, which is more impressive when you think about how young she is. Good on her, that was a good job.

I get this overall vibe from the movie that the "force" is just on a lower level than even the OT, which had already fallen from the levels we saw in the PT. What I mean by that is, the characters do not seem as amazingly powerful as they were in those heady days of the old republic and the jedi order. Now, we've got scavengers who have to try three times before they can get force persuasion to work; an antagonist who couldn't even build his lightsaber correctly and is striving to live up to his heritage; his insecurity is palpable (and a really interesting turn for a bad guy). The non-Force powers, ie the First Order, starkiller base, etc., are clearly the superior side of the antagonists in this first go around, though I am curious to see and learn more about Snoke.

In the context of the Force Awakens, I suppose this makes sense, because it's inferred that the force has basically been dormant since at least Luke went into hiding, and whatever power Kylo has been able to gain has been very furtive and tentative; power in fits and starts. Some of what he did especially with the mental powers, stopping the blaster bolt, etc., were quite impressive, but his skill with the sword and his overall confidence is very shaky. You can almost feel some panic in him, frustration and impotence, especially when Rey is free on the ship and he can't locate her.

Anyway my thoughts are still forming, but one thing I can say clearly is that it was quite good. They resolved a couple of the legacy storylines, introduced us to all the old crew again, and with that done this story can go in any number of directions. Looking forward to it!!

I enjoyed the movie as well. you can rest assured that some people will come in here to crap on your opinion and try to bring your enjoyment down. But I can tell that won't affect you!

Only haters would do that. For me TFA was the worst SW movie so far, but I'm glad others enjoyed it. Why would I want to ruin others' enjoyment?

Only haters would do that. For me TFA was the worst SW movie so far, but I'm glad others enjoyed it. Why would I want to ruin others' enjoyment?

Because, knowing that your opinion is negative, and that it will bring disappointment to the people that are trying to celebrate the movie, you still come into the thread anyway. Just can't resist can you?

I'm the same bigray, I can't wait to see where they go with it next. Regardless it will be awesome, I assure everyone just needs to remain calm and love Star Wars.

As for other people, I don't really play nice with other people anyways. I will horde all the Star Wars goodness for myself, and maybe share it occasionally. Partial it out in dixie cups or something. Some people just aren't ready for the divine blessing that is The Force Awakens. But I believe, that's all that matters.

Just can't resist can you?

And people who liked the movie go into threads that are clearly negative. *** is wrong with you?

If people don't liking the movie you do ruins your enjoyment then you are oversensitive as hell.

Edited by cs_zoltan

The OP smells a little like a troll to me. :rak_grin:

That was a clearly predictable response, I'm glad we could get that out of the way early on so we can proceed with celebrating the awesomeness that is The Force Awakens.

I smell like popcorn because I've already been to see The Force Awakens 4 times. You may revel in the ambiance and live vicariously through me, ain't nobody got it this good. You mad?

I'm still surprised he isn't stoned to death for the "better than OT" part. Like, really. Some fans you guys are...

Too bad you lack the courage to do it yourself. People who love The Force Awakens actually got a pair son.

By the way, relying on the mob mentality is pretty weak. I stand alone, bring it on. I ain't scared of no OT nerds, that is a fact. You're far too old for that, and lack the screen presence of Lord Kylo.

Edited by SaibotLiu

It's okay, most of us understand your lack of common sense and your poor grammar. You should be fine.

>Talks about common sense

>Tries to insult someone with a different opinion even tho he was not hostile at all

You are pathetic, plain and simple. Not sure what I did to trigger that reaction, but bro...you should chill.

Edited by cs_zoltan

>Talks about common sense

>Tries to insult someone with a different opinion even tho he was not hostile at all

You are pathetic, plain and simple. Not sure what I did to trigger that reaction, but bro...you should chill.

Again, you should be fine, it's okay.

Too bad you lack the courage to do it yourself. People who love The Force Awakens actually got a pair son.

I'm too busy calculating some **** for tommorow.

You are either extremely stupid or a troll. Since I try my best to not believe in stupid people, I'll go with the second. But either way, debating with you is a waste of time. Carry on, don't let anybody stop you.

I'm too busy calculating some **** for tommorow.

You are either extremely stupid or a troll. Since I try my best to not believe in stupid people, I'll go with the second. But either way, debating with you is a waste of time. Carry on, don't let anybody stop you.

"Oh I'm too busy to actually back up my opinions cause I'm calculating how many thousand calories I will consume tomorrow to ensure I stay 100% lard." Good to know, now you're dismissed.

Oh don't worry, you can't stop me, you do have permission to sit there and seethe though.

You're not debating anything by the way, you're whinging like a wounded donkey about how nobody can stand up for your favorite movies (since you're too much of a coward to do so.)

Edited by SaibotLiu

Wow this thread. I came in without any ill will and then I get bullied for not liking TFA. And they call me a troll...

There is no bullying on this thread, just the fans of Force Awakens displaying clear dominance over inferior competition. Lets try to remain on topic here.

I liked the film,but I'm not gonna say it was the best SW film but it was superior to the prequels.

Things I liked- minimal use of cgi and using sets/props/costumes.

The story was great as was most of the cast (Rey was excellent).Having Han and Chewie back was like seeing the first movie all over again when I was 5.I had shivers when I saw Luke at the end,hope he turns out to be like an Obi Wan type mentor (he looked a bit manky tho).

I liked the fact that they didn't go over the top with the force powers.

Things I did not like-Kylo Ren.I thought he was like a spoiled brat.I'm not convinced by him at all. He got his arse handed to him by somebody with no training in the force whatsoever.I have concerns that on this first showing he wont cut it being the main protagonist in the trilogy.

Snoke,his voice was cool but I thought I was looking at the travellers from Prometheus.If he turns out to be Plagueis I'm fine with that but he definitely did not look like a Muun.

Lack of any reference to the Sith.

The Death Stars been done to death tbh.

Overall as I said I liked it,just have to get used to the new things I guess.7/10 from me.