The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Spoilers] Force Awakens

elthenar

I believe it was the scene

in the bar, when they showed the random aliens and whatnot, there was a droid that looked an AWFUL lot like SCORPIO.

Anyone else see this?

Spoiler tag insert (you need to do the same).

Yes. Caught sight of it three times I thought. First time peaked my interest, 2nd time had me questioning if that's what I saw, 3rd time confirmed it.

Spoiler tag insert (you need to do the same).

Yes. Caught sight of it three times I thought. First time peaked my interest, 2nd time had me questioning if that's what I saw, 3rd time confirmed it.

Why would I need spoiler tags? I gave away no plot details except that at some point the characters are in a cantina. Also, I put a spoiler notice in the title.

Why don't you sit down now, sport.

Edited by elthenar

Why would I need spoiler tags? I gave away no plot details except that at some point the characters are in a cantina. Also, I put a spoiler notice in the title.

Why don't you sit down now, sport.

Why yes, insult me. Thank you. You need a time out. If you cannot figure out why you need to put a spoiler tag up maybe playing on the internet is a bit too complicated for you. Have a nice day.

In that same section of the movie, I'm positive I saw someone in a red armour that looked like one of the old Bounty Hunter comms sets, maybe dreadguard set but I'm not 100% sure.

They really did delve into Legends/EU for a lot of the visual aesthetics/props and background stuff we get to see in the movie - i.e. the model of droid outside the building, that we saw first glimpsed from one of the trailers that had first appeared in TCW iirc.

It's definitely not SCORPIO or

Gemini

but the influence/similarity for the design is definitely there.

I can honestly say that I do like the refined/updated look of the X-Wings, especially since they look so much closer to Ralph Mcquarrie's concept art for the X-Wing.

Edited by Fyurii

Yeah, you are probably right. It's not SCORPIO or Gemini, but I'm still intrigue. Want to know whater her deals is, whatever she (it?) is. Doesnt Bioware runs their stuff by Lucas? They must be aware of each others characters. I'm hoping for a good story there.

Oh you changed your title, I was looking for your post (saw it in bed from smartphone, too lazy to log in and go after one-time password etc)

So I said this straight after coming home yesterday:

Also found various nods to SWTOR - that woman looked like Kaliyo a lot, or Asajj Ventress, a Rattataki in any case with what looked a bit like a Gend'ai (Locust, The Flame), a droid that looked like Scorpio or Pat-ak, and even a red helmet that reminds a lot of the Obroan/Brutalizer helmets. Also, high-level scavenging!

Also the scene where Solo is caught in a pincer between two pirate crews was GREAT and reminded me of cool times in Kotor. Sadly it's never explained how he got there or anything. Also would have loved at least one of the parties to be trandoshan or somesuch.

Glad you guys noticed too!

As a side note, no need for spoiler tags since you did put spoiler in the title.

Oh you changed your title, I was looking for your post (saw it in bed from smartphone, too lazy to log in and go after one-time password etc)

So I said this straight after coming home yesterday:

Glad you guys noticed too!

As a side note, no need for spoiler tags since you did put spoiler in the title.

I didn't change it. I guess one of the MODs thought that saying a random background character looked like SCORPIO was a spoiler. That simpleton Ghost Specter probably reported it and some sorry MOD changed it.

I get that people are a little sensitive over spoilers for this movie but that is beyond absurd.

Edited by elthenar