Arena Barrier...ACID

VixenRawR

Copy World of Warcraft:

1. Remove Acid
  2. Remove Rounds
  3. Put in Dampening: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dampening

Results:

1. Sorcs can't win in acid because there is no acid.
  2. Faster games
  3. Faster queue pops
  4. Other healers may be viable along with sorcerers (who am I kidding mercs will never be viable.. just operative)

Edit: Dampening Definition for people who don't want to click the link or have never played World of Warcraft:

Dampening begins after 5 minutes after a 3v3 or 5v5 match begins. After dampening starts each player will gain a stack of the debuff every 10 seconds, reducing healing received and damage absorption effects by 1% per stack.

Edited by Jakev-

Copy World of Warcraft:

1. Remove Acid
  2. Remove Rounds

Results:

2. Faster games
  3. Faster queue pops
  4. Other healers may be viable along with sorcerers (who am I kidding mercs will never be viable.. just operative)

Edit: Dampening Definition for people who don't want to click the link or have never played World of Warcraft:

Dampening begins after 5 minutes after a 3v3 or 5v5 match begins. After dampening starts each player will gain a stack of the debuff every 10 seconds, reducing healing received and damage absorption effects by 1% per stack.

Agree, but they won't do it. Partly out of arrogance, but mostly laziness.

Force the sorc to barrier early, then they don't have it if the match runs till the end. How hard is that? Just takes a little strategy and team work, Now that's where the problem lies, not in the barrier.

Excuses Inc.

So if ops cloaking screen granted charges of absorption that bypassed acid and allowed them to auto win would you just say "Make them vanish sooner.....its not a problem with cloaking screen"

Or any other cooldown for that matter. If another cooldown on a different class allowed that class to just ignore the acid there would be an outcry.

Bastions effect on acid is broken and needs to be removed. Plain and simple.

Edited by Saikochoro

Well, tbh this "Bastion" buff must be reworked for sure. There were a couple suggestion, but i mainly prefer to change "Bastion" in this way: let it increase sorcs/sages healing output for some amount of time after using "Force barrier" + immune for stuns and interrupts for the same time. So, let's say it'll be 8 or 10 seconds for 30% or even 50% increased healing. On the other way Bioware can change ACID effect (but i guess it' won't happen though) - if you got ACID debuff on you you'll die immediately. So, the ending of arena matches will be war for territory in mid. Sounds crazy i know, but it's the one of the way.

Copy World of Warcraft:

1. Remove Acid
  2. Remove Rounds

Results:

2. Faster games
  3. Faster queue pops

:rak_03:

:rak_03:

OMG

I had this idea already, not sure i posted it... i thought: reduce healing based on how many attacks a character takes in a singular pvp match, after like, 100 hits, which should be around 150 seconds based on the default GCD, there should be this penalty... (resetted by being out of combat for 30 seconds on non-arena regular matches i guess?!)

Guess bioware is taking a lot of time to hire me and balance this crap.

Guess it's much simpler to use a timer.

Anyway i'm tired of posts by this casual troll, which thinks itself a forum user, can't we report it? lets try guys.

Btw, your troll has failed, the image is missing. Rekt :confused:

Edited by James_Mcturney

Copy World of Warcraft:

1. Remove Acid
  2. Remove Rounds

Results:

2. Faster games
  3. Faster queue pops

yet another night i lose some rounds to acid barrier i think i want to kill myself

I've never fotm rerolled but if no changes to sorc happen by the start of the season it just might happen. There's no reason to play assassin when a sorc can pretty much do everything and more with 10x less the effort. As it currently stands, run sorc if you wanna win without even having to try