Episode III: Revenge of EA (Skit)

SaerethDL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pretty much. It kinda makes me sad though because it shows just how dead satire is in the US. You might disagree with the point but when someone puts effort into satire the point is NOT to say "1 out of 10" or "that sucked". Instead its supposed to foster debate.

Look at the Colbert Report. The intelligent Conservative who had confidence in his position understands what Colbert was trying to do and would not attack his portrayal, rather they would debate the position a specific bit he was lampooning. The ignorant or the one uncomfortable with their ability to defend their position attacked the portrayal.

not really. there's good satire and abd satire. and while I'd not wanna say this is truely bad, it certinly wasn't particularly good satire. the point that the original poster has lost his intreast in SWTOR and should just move on is 100% valid.

Let's play a game.. Spot the white knights!

I've got a differant game. Let's spot the people paying for a sub, and trolling the fourms to a game they don't like.

seriously I've lost intreast in MMOs before. I just stopped playing and stopped visiting the website.

While I disagree with the content of the message, the delivery was quite amusing. Of course... that is just my point of view.

First, multiplayer most certainly does still exist. One just needs to reach out and take it. Group up for the heroics. Group up for the Star Fortresses. Group up for tactical/HM Flashpoints. Group up for SM/HM/NiM Operations. Group up and run through the planetary story missions. Group up and skip through Tatooine for all I care.

Second, a subscriber reward program is a great way to keep most subscribers and draw in new subscribers. It may not appeal to you and others. I would expect, however, that if it works, and more subscriber $$ is brought into the game, there will be more resources for the continued development of this game.

SWTOR: KotFE has not yet fully released -- we still have additional chapters coming monthly starting in February 2016 -- which leaves room for the redemption of Anakin/Vader/Bioware (to analogize in the fashion of the OP). I too hope future chapters will bring new FPs, OPs, and additional multiplayer/group activities.

So I wanted to thank this O.P. for posting this parody on the forum. I thought this was a funny work - although I must admit as I was reading some of the sophisticated comments in this thread I was a bit surprised that others didn't enjoy it as I did.

I can only assume that the reason so many people disliked this particular parody was due to the ongoing reading comprehension issue in the U.S. right now. This parody forces the audience to read - and also assumes that the audience has the ability to comprehend what was written in the O.P.'s script.

Perhaps if the O.P. had used some sort of fancy animation that could sing-a-long with the script so that the audience here could fully understand its intent and purpose I think many more would have enjoyed it.

Please also note that I've also spoken with Dulfy in regards to adding more animations to her SWTOR guides for some of the players here to assist in the player performance.

Overall though - Nice work thank you for writing it I thoroughly enjoyed the read

... I can only assume that the reason so many people disliked this particular parody was due to the ongoing reading comprehension issue in the U.S. right now. This parody forces the audience to read - and also assumes that the audience has the ability to comprehend what was written in the O.P.'s script. ...

I can't stand such broad over-generalizations.

And your support for this assumption comes from where?

This parody was mediocre at best -- despite its mediocrity, it was admittedly amusing.