GTN search doesn't give results for all items

Valarya

Since tuesday 8dec the GTN search has not been giving results for several items. Wich items seems to change with each patch.

Today it are for example items:

Augmentation Kit (any mark)

Adaptive Circuitry

Midlithe Crystal

etc...

All items however can be found when using the filter dropdowns. They only fail to show up when using the search text box.

Seen on the Harbinger server.

I've discovered that searching by name does not work, but the filtering system does. So for example, If you type in (or click to fill in) "Advanced Alacrity Augment 40" in the name field nothing will show. But if you leave the name field empty and filter by:

Category: Item modifications

Subcategory: augments

Rarity: artifact

Stats: alacrity rating

and required level 64 - 65

you will get results for Advanced Alacrity Augment 40.

Now the issue with this is that you need at least three filters without a name for the search to function.

And searching for crafting materials for example will yield a lot of results you do not want.

Edited by psandak

This hasn't been added to the Developer Tracker, and the "Known issues" list hasn't been updated since October. Now we are stuck with a completely broken game, and no word from the devs as to when this serious issue will be fixed. Do these twerps need to be reminded that our sub fees are paying their salaries? Come on Devs, either FIX THIS NOW, or at least reply to your angry customer base. This show of incompetence and lack of care is destroying the reputation of this game, and is literally wasting OUR money, and no, I'm not talking about in-game currency. You guys are making your subs pay for a game that is horribly broken, and you don't even have the decency to tell us when it will be fixed. Pathetic.

This problem exists since yesterday after big server crash on Progenitor. It's basically ruined the game for me because now I have no way to earn crédits from my craft. Some of the more popular selling dyes such as "dark red and black" and also "black and deep red" are no longer searchable using key words. The average player will not think to click on all the sub categories until they find dyes, especially since they are not listed in an obvious place.. cartel market and then sub categories from there. I hope this is not intentional in hopes that we buy them directly from cartel market. Of course there are other items too which are effected. I just mentioned the one that hit me the hardest. I love crafting in the game and it's the only way I can earn crédits which I usually spend as fast as I earn. Now I'm broke thanks to this "bug".

• 3 weeks later...
This is inching ever closer to deal-breaker. The GTN is time consuming enough with having to calculate stack prices and not being able to browse without a search term.

With most of the USA going back to work today, perhaps we'll see some Bioware employees come crawling out of the shadows to do their jobs. =P I understand everyone wants the holiday off, but every other MMO I've played has kept a few people on working so players don't get scared and assume the game has been abandoned. Not Bioware.

Each server reset has scrambled which items can and cannot be searched for.

Prior to this Tuesday, 1/5/2016 - When the West Coast servers went down, most Advanced "Skill" Augment 40 items could be searched, such as Advanced Alacrity Augment 40. Now any word search used will not retrieve this items. Instead it requires filtering to find the item.

This is just one example. Many other items do not show up properly in search. Crafting materials, Cartel Packs, Decorations, Armor Pieces, Armor Boxes... It would be a very extensive list to begin with and I doubt we could compile every item.

What's more frustrating is that this has been going on since the beginning of December, yet we have had no acknowledgement from the Devs regarding this bug. It's clearly a serious issue and source of incredible frustration for players.

I'm fairly certain it's not unknown to the Devs, but I never can understand the reluctance to respond to customers. Granted, you cannot make everyone happy and there are usually no immediate fixes to problems, but showing people acknowledgement of the issue goes a long way in letting customers know that you're handling the situation.