Ancestor's Lightsaber and mask

JediMasterTejbir

Hey everyone,

I just bound Darth Andru and I realized that I was supposed to get my ancestor's mask and lightsaber after completing previous quests but I did not get them, can someone tell me why?

With the system of not giving you moddable equipment now, maybe those where lost to us too?

If this is true, it reduces the already low amount of modifiable gear you realistically have a chance to get during your playthrough... :mad:

Not only you can't get modifiable gear from Heroics anymore, but they also removed vendors for modifiable gear. As a reference, my female PT, who got to Taris from scratch after 4.0, has got as modifiable gear only her mainhand, the gun you get on Hutta. Dualwielders get the offhand aswell as modifiable after they pick their advanced class, in the gear backpack that sneaks into the inventory, but that's an exception, since non-dualwielders get no modifiable offhand... :rolleyes:

Of course, that's because I purposedly didn't get the Trainee lvl 8 modifiable set, to keep track of modifiable mission rewards more easily... But still, it's insane. Some of those weapons had a specific story meaning, like the Inquisitor's Kallig Mask and Lightsaber. The fact they've been removed aswell is awful. :(

I have a feeling it's all to increase Cartel Market sells... Before, you had access to some pretty looking sets anyway, but now they removed most of them, and the ones you can find are random drops... Or crafted, which require dedication. :eek:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

If this is true, it reduces the already low amount of modifiable gear you realistically have a chance to get during your playthrough... :mad:

Not only you can't get modifiable gear from Heroics anymore, but they also removed vendors for modifiable gear. As a reference, my female PT, who got to Taris from scratch after 4.0, has got as modifiable gear only her mainhand, the gun you get on Hutta. Dualwielders get the offhand aswell as modifiable after they pick their advanced class, in the gear backpack that sneaks into the inventory, but that's an exception, since non-dualwielders get no modifiable offhand... :rolleyes:

Of course, that's because I purposedly didn't get the Trainee lvl 8 modifiable set, to keep track of modifiable mission rewards more easily... But still, it's insane. Some of those weapons had a specific story meaning, like the Inquisitor's Kallig Mask and Lightsaber. The fact they've been removed aswell is awful. :(

I have a feeling it's all to increase Cartel Market sells... Before, you had access to some pretty looking sets anyway, but now they removed most of them, and the ones you can find are random drops... Or crafted, which require dedication. :eek:

I have found that moddable gear do drop, but it drops slowly. Most likely the drop rate has been reduced. I have however found several weapons and armors all moddable as well as off hand for non jedi characters.

I hate it too, but I think it is a reduction in drop rate , not a removal of the items

Maybe it was a glitch then... :( Could you give me yours for 35000 credits?

Or both the mask and the sabre for 100000 credits?

I'm pretty sure they're both bind on pickup. Your best bet is to submit a ticket. Just don't send it to bug reports (or send a seperate one to them) or it'll just get kicked to another dept and you'll never get a replacement.

I just completed the Inquisitor story post-4.0 and got them both, they were in individual quests leading up to the force ritual with Zash. Are you saying you completed the quests where your ancestor sends you to find the relics, but you didn't get them as a quest reward upon completion? I can't remember if they were the only reward option, or if like a lot of quests now, you could switch them out for the currency reward.

I've done the SI storyline once (and chapter 1 once after that), and I did get both the lightsaber and the mask. Maybe you didn't choose the mask/weapon? You need to choose the mask and the weapon; that or an item-box. I'm pretty certain that the mask and lightsaber is still in-game. Of course, they might've removed this gear later, but I remember perfectly well that they did in fact not remove it at 4.0. Might've, in theory, removed it later, though.

They also removed the lightsaber you can steal on Balmorra, if you choose to betray Hiran instead of freeing him. It was then possible to get a powerful Sith-relic, a sith lord's old lightsaber. This has been removed, though. It even says in the inventory that you have an ancient lightsaber "that will be easy to get working; it'll work after you deliver the quest", but instead you get a stim....

I have gotten the mask 4.0, but I did not get the lightsaber, originally I thought I just messed up as I was not 100% concentrating and though I had to just deal with it but not I am not so sure maybe it was the game that messed up, I might put a message in to CS to ask for it as its a unique lightsaber model that I really want for my look.

I just completed the Inquisitor story post-4.0 and got them both, they were in individual quests leading up to the force ritual with Zash. Are you saying you completed the quests where your ancestor sends you to find the relics, but you didn't get them as a quest reward upon completion? I can't remember if they were the only reward option, or if like a lot of quests now, you could switch them out for the currency reward.

I remember clicking to finish the quest but the quest window did not pop up, instead it went straight to the next quest and I really wanted some moddable gear so:(