im being harassed by somebody on the developer team

Camillaff

this person keeps messing with the character models, and causing me to lag inexplicably. Have the devs developed some sort of tool that enables them to manipulate the game this way? Ive also noticed changes in the looks of armor, improvements which i dont mind, but the characters are made really ugly.

This is probably Artifacting by your graphics card, which can happen when it overheats, is just getting old, or otherwise has trouble properly doing the calculations requested by it.

You can see some visual examples Here of what it looks like across many other games. Sometimes textures get messed up, objects go way out of bounds of their range, etc.

This is probably Artifacting by your graphics card, which can happen when it overheats, is just getting old, or otherwise has trouble properly doing the calculations requested by it.

You can see some visual examples Here of what it looks like across many other games. Sometimes textures get messed up, objects go way out of bounds of their range, etc.

Yes! I've had that happen in the past right before my Vid Card died on me.

It's natures artificial way of saying, save up for a new card, your time starts now.

This is what I have had happen as well when my cards wrre biting the dust. Time to start browsing newegg!

Dear OP,

I was driving down Route 66 one dark eerie night cursed under a blanket of intense brutalizing fog. The fog was so thick, my vehicle's fog light was useless forcing me to lower my velocity significantly. I saw a person in a black hooded cape standing there, as I drove by. I wasn't in the mood to pick up strangers in this fog and darkness, so I kept it moving. Then I saw another person in black, in the darkness of the deep fog. I also drove pass this person, but slowed down to get a look at the person, but couldn't see the person's face because it was too dark, and the large hood didn't help. I could of sworn I heard crying. The fog started getting heavier, as if that were possible, and I had to slow down even more - almost drove off the road that time. Then I started to hear crying again, and another person, dressed exactly like the last two people. I had to see closer and get a better look. So I pulled up to the crying person. I couldn't even tell the person's gender it was so dark and foggy. I asked if everything is ok? The person simply stopped crying and said in a real low voice "No" and stayed quiet. I asked who are you? The mysterious dark figure replied, "I design the character models and much of the character gear for Bioware's Star Wars: The Old Republic". I lost control of my self and screeched "NO! PLEASE NOO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" I immediately stomped on the gas pedal and sped out of there at full speed, doing 180 miles per hour down the dark foggy highway in my 1979 Pinto!!!! Now the crying level jumped up decimals, to the levels of jet engines roaring, as I drove as fast as I could, seeing thousands of these dark figures standing by the sides of Route 66 all reaching out to me, I can feel their dark hands and nails grace and scratch my speeding 1979 Pinto as I sped passed them!!! Suffice to say, I don't know what happened after that, I don't remember. I woke up in a hospital as a dark figure .... walked out of my room. Before it floated out the doorway, it turned around and said in an eerie hauntingly voice, "clean your video card before its too late", and then *POOF* it vanished!!!

This Bioware dev apparition was correct! This whole time, I figured all the lag in warzones, in my starship, in Alderaan, Yavin, etc were all due to the release of 4.0 and I was just waiting for Bioware to fix it this whole time. I would go into warzones, and I wouldn't be able to see if I had targeted anyone or what my first animations were doing. My toon would disappear sometimes in the middle of the match and be invisible. Galactic Starfigfhter, my most favorite part of the game would lag so much it would seriously give me bad headaches making me turn off the game. I started thinking to myself, I really can't take this for much longer, Bioware is taking too long to fix this. It would even effect the ping and connection bars, not sure how, but it did. Then my computer started to restart on its own, and that's when I realized she was overheating. Usually when this happened before all I had to do was use q-tips to clear the dust from the CPU fan grill. That always helped, but it wasn't helping this time, as the computer would still overheat and restart. I put my hand on the video card and felt around it, it was definitely overheating.

I started looking for how to videos on how to clean my video card, "GTX 650ti Boost", and found one for a similar card but made completely different. I then saw the guy take it apart. I still didn't have the courage to do mine, it looked so menacing. Then one of the comments on his video was like "Listen people. Just unscrew the &^@@*$)@(!*, and clean the dust off. What's the big ))(&$&^#%@ deal?"

All of the sudden, my "manliness" came back. If I were a woman, it be my "womanliness". I unscrewed everything in the video card to open it, and low and behold thick coats of dust everywhere. I took all that darkness out, rescrewed everything. Put the sucker back in the rig, plugged the extra Power supply wire to the side of the card (Dont forget to do that *&^% or die), plugged the monitor wire to the back of the card and turned my baby back on. [tip: Place the screws on a plate/paper towel/sheet etc that mirror their placement on the video card, if the card has allot of screws like mine does]

Everything now works amazing! Like a brand new game! I was able to put my graphics back up. Played warzones, I did 10 matches of Galactic Starfighter (On The Bastion Server, where GSF still lives and forever will), went to my Starship, Corellia, Yavin, my Yavin stronghold, etc and no more lag. Even the graphics look better! I fell in love with the game all over again.

Hold on, I'm getting a call, brb.

Weird. My phone was actually off recharging, but it rang anyways. I picked up my phone and no one answered, just some spooky breathing. I know who it is. I can feel them.

I see dev people.

Edited by HiddenPalm