EU Maintenance Time Campaign

JonDemo

You people do understand how massive the logistical/compatibility/software difficulties in running multiple server clusters on different versions of a client can be don't you?

You don't...oh...

Carry on then.

rabblerabblerabble.

Strange then, that other mmos seem to manage it just fine.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.

- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy :rolleyes:

- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

Your worried about time frame and Australians don't even get to play swtor. Get over it

Sign me up.

I don't really understand how they did not think this part through. Maintenance during off hours is like, the second commandment in the techies manual.

(The first being RTFM, naturally)

Still. For a game that's only been out for about two weeks, it's been pretty smooth sailing sofar. Just have to tighten up the rigging on stuff like this.

/Signed - if there's a very valid reason why ALL servers must be down at same time then i would like to here it?

If not - then i would like to see it come down at 4 am GMT so it's up and running for morning.

I run a nation wide sports retail shop in UK and and i get very few days off - shame to have to miss daytime action!

Val