New Pack - No Nexu Companion

SnowWhite

To the OP. There are certainly loot windows at play when opening cartel packs. It's not noticeable to people who just open a few here and there, but it very noticeable for people who regularly open crates/multicrates.

This can't possibly be for real. Do you have any citation for this?

Ah, OK. That explains why I got so many crystals last night.

Oh, wait.

I was opening on a trooper.

Nice troll. Would read again.

'Cause troopers troopers can't use crystals, obviously. :rolleyes:

I don't have any citation for this other than I've paid real close attention to loot drop mechanics for years. It's like a personal hobby. Either way, when you pay attention to it, you will very much start seeing the patterns.

I can say I've made quite a fortune getting duplicates of things like jetpacks, rancors, rare decos, etc all using the loot window and bank trick together.

People can take my post for what they will, but if you try with an open mind, you may find yourself very rewarded as a result.

Edited by Holocron

While I don't believe the post in general, I have observed what appears to be the effect of multiples of the same item dropping in rapid succession from other random container items.

For example - I had something like 20 characters all with multiple Cantina crates that I opened in rapid succession on each character, and would tend to get 2X and in cases 3X the same item or color dye, yet if I opened one, then waited, I would tend to get unique items.

Same thing occurs if I create a new character - if I pop all the Cantina boxes in rapid succession I tend to get multiples of the same item or color dye, yet if I open one, the wait, then another, I tend to get unique items.

I chalked it up to just random being like that sometime, which is still the most likely answer, but given how slipshod a lot of other things are in this game, I would not totally disregard the theory that something within the RNG process is time based and individual rolls are not always totally random.

Edited by DawnAskham

To the OP. There are certainly loot windows at play when opening cartel packs. It's not noticeable to people who just open a few here and there, but it very noticeable for people who regularly open crates/multicrates.

The only bias at play here is your perception bias. Either that or you are just trolling.

Edited by branmakmuffin

The only bias at play here is your perception bias. Either that or you are just trolling.

I would normally very much agree with this, and I can't say that I'm not biased. HOWEVER, I've gotten insanely nice profits because of this "bias". I don't care if anyone follows it or not, but I'm just stating what has really worked for me, so take it for what you will.

I would normally very much agree with this, and I can't say that I'm not biased. HOWEVER, I've gotten insanely nice profits because of this "bias".

How do you measure these "insanely nice profits," unless you only buy packs and crates with creds you get only from in-game activities? If you buy packs and crates only with CC you bet from your subscription and referral fees, well, you didn't spend anything beyond what you'd have to pay just to play the game in the first place. If you buy packs and crates with CC you buy with real money, how do you measure the "profit" involved in turning real money into game money? If you spend, say, $5 in real money and you turn that into 50 million creds, what is your profit? None, you are simply out $5 of real money and in return for that you received $5 worth of enjoyment from the game.

Edited by branmakmuffin

How do you measure these "insanely nice profits," unless you only buy packs and crates with creds you get only from in-game activities? If you buy packs and crates only with CC you bet from your subscription and referral fees, well, you didn't spend anything beyond what you'd have to pay just to play the game in the first place. If you buy packs and crates with CC you buy with real money, how do you measure the "profit" involved in turning real money into game money? If you spend, say, $5 in real money and you turn that into 50 million creds, what is your profit? None, you are simply out $5 of real money and in return for that you received $5 worth of enjoyment from the game.

I assumed you understood that my post was in the context of in game economy, and my statements only apply to maximizing item drop potential.

I bought 26 packs and all I wanted was the Darth Malgus chest piece, but I didn't get it :(

I bought a third 30-crate, and now I have three boxes of Malgus armour. One extras and two tops. So I have two chest pieces, but my Malgus-emulator would have to pretend to be a 4.0.0 companion, pantsless.

If you're on Mantle of the Force (or if you feel like transferring a character there), make me an offer for one of them...

especially after I discovered that I could not send these companions (at least not the probe droid) on missions.

especially ones that won't even run missions,

With the numbers we will be able to get with all the future KotFE chapters, a couple that can't run craft missions is pretty irrelevant.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a thorough study last week about the insane rarity and prices of these companions. I looked at all US servers except Jung Ma and one other PvP server where I don't have any characters and this was the best I found.

Probe Droid 8m on POT5

Akk 13.5m also on POT5 next best 15m on Harb

Nexu 6m on Harb, wish I had grabbed that now although I am not sure I could scrape together 6m on Harb as SL is my main server and it was 9m there.

None of these companions is worth the angst. They're neat, but hardly BiS or must have. And why you would waste so much real world cash for something that can be bought on the GTN after putting in just a little effort actually playing the game is frankly beyond me. Not to mention after buying one or two of the crates for cash, you could have just sold what the RNG gods granted you on the GTN and used those credits to buy the comp off someone who had better luck.

Just FYI, on Jedi Covenant, you can purchase every single item in each new pack for less than 30 million credits off the GTN a week after the pack drops. If you're clever and zero in on what items are going to be popular and what ones aren't based on the previews (and often regardless of the rarity rating), you can stagger your purchases from day 2 to a month out and get great deals as well as make serious bank when the supply dries up. There's usually one mount, one toy, one or two decos and one armor set (with one or two low chance pieces) that are the big ticket items. Plus the novelty companions and a crystal or two. He rest crater in price by week two. Happens with every single pack.

How do I know this? I've been doing it for years. I learned my lessons long ago. Let someone like the op or those sellers with unpronounceable names blow their CCs on all the crates. Let other people blow their credits buying the crates off the GTN. Be smart. Be patient. Wait and watch and snatch up everything you want after all those other guys flood the market or post low out of frustration.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

After 400 packs later, I have everything and still no Nexu Companion, is it bugged or missed or so damn rare it's worth 500$ USD?

You obviously didn't spend enough $$$ :D

I'm glad I got the only thing that interested me, the Gundark mount, for 1 M credits off someone after I shouted WTB in /1 :D

No wonder BioWare can get by with less and less content if people are more than happy to send hundreds of cash for some pixels :cool: