Use of Common Data Crystals before reaching Odessen

Fonkyama

Hey all, now that we cannot land on Odessen prior clearing chapter 9, I was wondering what would be the best use of Common Data Crystals. I used to buy Rank 6 Companions Gifts in advance, but now I cannot do that and as I'm clearing everything before starting KOTFE, I'll be quite some time before I can reach Odessen. Obv I'm already near the 1k cap, so has anyone any good recommendation as where to use those? I guess selling housing stuff could be viable, but I don't wanna miss something better in case I wasn't aware of their other uses. Any help appreciated.

Hey all, now that we cannot land on Odessen prior clearing chapter 9, I was wondering what would be the best use of Common Data Crystals. I used to buy Rank 6 Companions Gifts in advance, but now I cannot do that and as I'm clearing everything before starting KOTFE, I'll be quite some time before I can reach Odessen. Obv I'm already near the 1k cap, so has anyone any good recommendation as where to use those? I guess selling housing stuff could be viable, but I don't wanna miss something better in case I wasn't aware of their other uses. Any help appreciated.

Wow, that isn't right?

I can't bring my 60s to Odessen and make them buy comp gifts?

Now they want to put some phoney baloney planet ban on, eh? :eek:

What? You're not allowed to fly there now until after chapter 9? What a load of crap.

It appears that way.

I just loaded a level 65 character that hasn't bothered with KotFE and the ship star map only shows Zakuul, Odessen isn't an option.

Oh and btw, the legacy priority transport for $200K appears to still be available, though I am not about to spend 200K just to access a planet for the purpose of dumping excess crystals on gifts and exotic element things.

Bad change is bad.

Edited by DawnAskham

It appears that way.

I just loaded a level 65 character that hasn't bothered with KotFE and the ship star map only shows Zakuul, Odessen isn't an option.

Oh and btw, the legacy priority transport for $200K appears to still be available, though I am not about to spend 200K just to access a planet for the purpose of dumping excess crystals on gifts and exotic element things.

Bad change is bad.

Op is right to a point.

You can priority transport to Odessen but you can't fly to it, it gives you "return to galaxy map" selection.

My Guardian is on Chapter 2.

some changes are bad.

but priority transport will be used to spend comms on rank 6 gifts.

Edited by IslanderRebel

Yep. They're typically just 1/3 of what you'd get from a Grade 6, at 1/3 the cost, so it works out. It's a lot more clicking but still, better than nothing I suppose.

True, but three grade 5s do yield slightly less influence than one grade 6. Still the best option, though, if you can't go to Odessen.

True, but three grade 5s do yield slightly less influence than one grade 6. Still the best option, though, if you can't go to Odessen.

If I recall (can't locate my spreadsheet lol), above rank 40 grade 6 is clearly better on an influence per crystal basis, but below rank 40 its either equal or slightly better using grade 5 gifts.

Still, I use Odessen not just to get grade 6 gifts, but to unload all the useless blue crystals I accumulate in exchange for the blue exotic material, so blocking alts from Odessen that haven't done the KotFE story is pretty annoying.

Edited by DawnAskham

this is mad, my 65 which has not started kotfe and wont until they release that my companions are coming back was gonna do dailys and get companion gifts for other chars, so now have to get the transport from legacy? .. and the transport is level 55 so my alts who are lvling too quickly to bother spending the crystals on gear upgrades (just do heroics once in a while for gear).. tended to fly to odessen and get gifts too.. why would they change this?

they should add the rank 6 legendary gifts to fleet then if its story reason, cause i don't get why else it would be like that

Edited by MoyaSP

You know I think you can reach odessen BEFORE kotfe... Just unlock it through legacy or ship-travel.

They turned off ship travel... which was 3,000 credits per run.

But it seems legacy transport still works, for 200,000 credits one time purchase.

Unless that was an oversight and they turn that off next week.

They turned off ship travel... which was 3,000 credits per run.

But it seems legacy transport still works, for 200,000 credits one time purchase.

Unless that was an oversight and they turn that off next week.

C'mon bro.

Don't give the geniuses another thing to apply the "nerf bat" to. :p

If they don't allow it using priority travel, sobs had better refund my 200K 10,000 fold. :D

odessen is not locked to KOTFE chapter 9 or 1, I have a char that has only started Rishi and it is lvl 65 and can reach odessen, so I think perhaps they most likely added a 65 lvl limit. my 54 cannot, but i have nothing in between to test

you can't go there if you do a free 60 though, as the section of the galaxy isnt even there then

Edited by MoyaSP

I've used them to buy loads of 99 stacks of rank 5 comp. gifts from the fleet vendor. Then I put them in legacy bank for my sole char that's gone through the FE story to use while waiting for PVP pops, or other char comps that I have constantly doing crew skills.

On the plus side Pierce is at ~ lvl 45 influence. Downside is "Now that's what I call a bonus!" plays on a loop in my head.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I've used them to buy loads of 99 stacks of rank 5 comp. gifts from the fleet vendor. Then I put them in legacy bank for my sole char that's gone through the FE story to use while waiting for PVP pops, or other char comps that I have constantly doing crew skills.

On the plus side Pierce is at ~ lvl 45 influence. Downside is "Now that's what I call a bonus!" plays on a loop in my head.

I mute the game any time I do companion gifts. For the sake of my sanity.

nvm, its locked to KOTFE, my char that was able to get to odessen FROM the ship being on odessen, left and tried to come back.. now can't.. but the priority transport works.. sigh i hope they will move the legendary gifts to fleet because this is stupid