The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Was the dark council scared by Darth Nox and the Wrath?

adormitul

For example when Darth Nox becomes Darth Nox he can be very rude to the councilors even threatening them and yet they do not respond with a lot they basically say each of them can be match to him but leave it at that. I mean really with such disrespect and they do nothing?

For the wrath the same thing but they kneel to him.

Also noticed that the ones we interact with in missions after the end of the class ones are quite respectful and try to butter us up trying to not provoke any of them but that might be because they need them to finish that specific mission.

I do not think they are afraid either too much. In wrath case any possibly hesitation is about going against emperor and Darth Imperius case they just dismiss that threat as normal activity.

That said both cases they were certainly impressed by their skills in my opinion.

depends by what you mean by "scared" terrified no? reasonably cautious towards someone they know is a powerful individual? absolutely. in both the SW and SIs case the dark council has WATCHED you basicly dismantle another powerful dark council member. they're gonna be careful

I just remembered that both councilor the 2 beasts in the force killed/defeated threatened the dark council but in one's case it was mostly because he said he was the voice and the councilor believed that and the second's case is because well he was very very strong I mean really that dude the more scared he was the more powerful he got so I am pretty sure in the moment he made the treat he powered up probably more then the other dark council members could have managed to handle or wanted to at least.

For example when Darth Nox becomes Darth Nox he can be very rude to the councilors even threatening them and yet they do not respond with a lot they basically say each of them can be match to him but leave it at that. I mean really with such disrespect and they do nothing?

For the wrath the same thing but they kneel to him.

Also noticed that the ones we interact with in missions after the end of the class ones are quite respectful and try to butter us up trying to not provoke any of them but that might be because they need them to finish that specific mission.

You have to realise the Sith character, either you play the Inquisitor or the Warrior, is not only a potent Force user, but also a prominent figure by the end of the classtory. The Sith has a quite strong army and many ressources under him, beside beeing a war hero.

Maybe Darth Nox is on the same level of respect by the council, but the Wrath is acutally something else. Arrogance between the council members is noting new. Can be overlooked during the offical meetings. But in the shaddows they are still plotting against each other. Arrogance aginst the Wrath wouldn't come handy at all, because he is the only instance who has (without the emperor) only the ethic mind deciding to erase someone or not. So, if the Wrath wants you dead, you are dead. If he acceps a biding from the council, it is done (he doesn't get orders by anyone beside the late emperor). And the thing is, he doesn't have to do it in secret. So, if some concil member try to cross him, he can cut that one down and nobody would have the right to question his motive.

Edited by Isnogut

i would say they were cautious i doubt Wrath could take em all on chest, same case with Nox. They felt respect for them for sure. After all every single one of them could be laying dead there instead... cookie monster and darth roadrunner ;):rak_grin:

@isnogut has a good point with wrath earasing whoever he wants but i think that sort of "social power" gives him perk equal to "extra juices" Nox had :p so id say they were equal in terms of respect there

Edited by lukewarcriminal

It wasnt about of who of the two would have the upper hand, but only the aproach on the both roles. Wharth is taking it all in front, with no plotting, and whatsoever. While Nox is plotting and doing that politics stuff, all the other councelors are doing as well. Both are handling things differetently. Both are been handled as something special by the council. But both are behind the curtain under "heavy" fire, because it is quite obvious, "special" is a frightening thing in the Sith empire. The last special thing, wanted to devour the galaxy. And if you watched closely during SI Rishi plot, the SI is on the same path. The Wrath is even clearer, that he his a loose gun. Whithout the Emperor, who can hold this guy? Technically, both can be stoped only by force and an alliance of lords. But as long as they work for the better of the empire, they have a place in it.

Do both have the respect? I truly doubt it. Keep in mind those two are prodigys who claimed the ladder to Darth and Wrath between at most 5 years, where others of the councelors needed almost an entire lifespan. Both are extremly dangerous and typical Sith. And both are quite ignorant and arrogant. The lack of wisdom is the only thing, that is keeping them for beeing unstoppable.

So basically what I am saying is, the council need those wapons against the Rebublic. Were they more wiser, they'd be dead. Are they respected? Mostly feared to death. Is Darth Marr respecting them? I'd rather say he is impressed with their apporach on things. Respect is a quite hollow word in the Sith society, since anyone can be killed by anyone, if no one is watching.

Yeah I never understood what is respect and honor in sith and mandalorian society. I mean really sith do not even keep their word and its not expected to so how do they have honor and respect and mandalorians think its not honorable to run from battle but when they do it its not problem.

It could be that fear is the equivalent of respect in both societies. Is it?

When it comes to Sith, those 2 words are mere words with no real meaning. Sith are treacherous and not the stronger and righteous ones wins, but the smarter and treacherous ones. As for Mandalorians, honour is quite debateable. Killing stuff that is bigger and worse as them gives honour. Standing straight in front of an imminent danger is honour, making it alive out of it also. They however wage the odds of tactical retreats. As long as you win you are the "man" for Mandalorians.

Kinda goes with the Sith as well. As long as you gain any advantage, you are living by the Sith code. Yada-yada. The problem is, the Sith code is quite interpretable. Everything is a fight and every obstacle you master frees you a bit from your shackles.

Sith are totally f***ed up IMHO. You can't believe anything they say. So when the council welcomes Nox and Wrath into their midst, they do it for a selfish reason and not for respect or to honour you.

Edited by Isnogut

depends by what you mean by "scared" terrified no? reasonably cautious towards someone they know is a powerful individual? absolutely.

This. You might get on the Dark Council even if you're terrified of everything, but there's no chance to stay there for someone so weak. Caution, however, is a good thing when a new and powerful lord steps up and demands his place. The council members saw your fight against a powerful Sith and are now busy filing it all away for when they have to move against you. They're not going to attack you right then and there, but that doesn't mean they are scared.