Stop sending me one time password

Ankido

You will get this until you attach a security key to your account, note not all security keys count for this but 99% will. Read somewhere along time ago that some key did not work so going by that I will say 99% but not seen a key not work myself They will all however give the 100cc per month starting 1 month after it is attached.

Also note that once you do attach a security key to your account you must enter it every time you log in. so security key or one time password? really not much in it. still if both are a pain you may as well get the 100cc per month.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

If I have to log in and get the message that you sent me a one time password, I will deactivate my game. This is getting really stupid.

It's called a one-time password because the password only works one time before it's invalid, not because you only get it one time (Which you most certainly don't).

The one-time password is a security thing*. You should only get it if your IP changes. Some ISPs have a very short hold time on their IP address, so that every time you start up, it changes. If that's the case, complain to your ISP.

* This is because someone trying to hack your account will be using a different IP.

The one time password is for dummies (no pun intended). I've been hacked once in my lifetime in World of Warcraft because my wife thought an email sent to me banning me from the game was real. She clicked, and BOOOM SHAKALAKA!!! I was hacked. I know never to accept emails or click on links. Therefore I'm not worried about being hacked. I don't need security. I've been gaming all my life and only been hacked once by my wife who made that silly error. I can't keep getting this password thing. In conclusion, I will have to close my account until this is resolved.

I guess you don't want a free 100cc a month. God typing an extra set of 6 numbers must be harder than a 1 time password.

Just because you don't go anywhere malicious, doesn't mean you can't still be hacked. SK adds 1 more layer of security that is very hard to crack, so why not?

If I have to log in and get the message that you sent me a one time password, I will deactivate my game. This is getting really stupid.

If you don't like it then either get a security key or figure out what is changing in your connection that is causing the "I'm not playing in the same place I was before" system from going off.

The problem is on your end.

Not everyone has an Android or Apple phone. I'd like to set up one but I can't.

The system will work with any OATH compatible authenticator, which there are for pretty much every computing platform. If you have Windows Phone you can use the Microsoft Authenticator. There is a product called Authy that I have seen people says works on their PC or Web Brower, I forget which. If you have a computer you can get the security key.

I think that is what some people do not understand

It asked me for one time password. Played for a week. Then it asked again. Played for a week. Then it asked again. Played for a week. Then it asked again. You get what I mean? It's not every time I log in. It decides it needs to do the one time password every week or so.

It asked me for one time password. Played for a week. Then it asked again. Played for a week. Then it asked again. Played for a week. Then it asked again. You get what I mean? It's not every time I log in. It decides it needs to do the one time password every week or so.

sounds your ISP is changing your Dynamic IP every week.

sounds your ISP is changing your Dynamic IP every week.

^This. The system looks to see if the computer/network is "trusted." If it does not recognize it, you have to use the "one time" password.

The easy thing to do is to use the SK. It takes two seconds to type the extra key, which is way better than waiting for an email with another password.

Why would anybody be against increased security? I mean, unless they are looking to hack someone else. :eek: