The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where most jedi during the end of the old Jedi order weak?

adormitul

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread gave me cancer.

When you said Garek couldn't beat the Jedi Exiled I stopped reading because you truthfully no less than crap.Dude He beat Darth Vader he would Destroy the Whole Jedi and Dark Council of the OR era without Breaking a Sweat.Garek took down some of the best of the best of the PT era and that's not even his strongest incarnation.Starkiller could destroy anyone in the OR era Darth Vader and Starkiller Pound for pound could 1vX any members of either order during the OR period.So just give it up.

Also the Give me one Or Jedi that you think is impressive that's wasn't a Jedi master and I will give you a PT counter parts that's more impressive.

Couldnt agree more.

You do not get it it does not mean he was a master of anything he probably knew then at a certain degree but I doubt he was a master and Garek had to fight a army to get to him a freaking army to get to him and then beat the hell out of him with little to no injuries. Yeah that is why he was not impressive. And his raiding was done with a small army by his side and unfortunately this kind of hit and run attacks are very efficient even in the real world. Lets not say its impressive its the only thing he can do if he wants to annoy the empire.

How about this then, Kota survived the Clone Wars. That fact alone is impressive, he survived what was supposed to be "the perfect Jedi trap". In addition, the fact that he easily performed tutaminis while laughing is very impressive as tutaminis is noted as a difficult Force ability to use casually. Also, as I've said before, losing to Galen isn't bad, the guy is a monster who was constantly training. At this point it feels like you're lowballing Kota purposefully.

Not really Dooku sent her against Anakin quite fast after he discovered her after she pretty much slaughtered half a dozen powerful bounty hunters by herself and before that she killed all the warlords on the planet all of them. This is impressive and she was not nearly as trained as the jedi she killed. Again the jedi had poor training very poor training. And you know what is strange compared to Yoda she is nothing I mean he did not even took her seriously he took her lightsabers examined them and gave them back to her clearly not worth his time. You see the difference between the best the best of the order and the average Joe jedi even her who was very powerful was nothing against the elite. That is what I mean at least be equal to her to be impressive or equal Grevious any one of the 2.

Can you provide me evidence of how the Jedi's training was "poor"? I have been nice and tried to explain everything up to this point but I can't seem to explain how good their training was. Also, as I said earlier, Ventress still had training from Dooku and Sidious ordered her dead because of her potential, saying PT Jedi are weak because they were killed by her is ridiculous.

No its not I can't take that as a impressive jedi because he killed droids you can freaking force crush them or trow a ton of things on them do you know how Kenobi killed magna guards? He let made a tank fall on them. How drunk was the council when they the made this guy a knight and let Tano be a padawan she basically passed all trial in the clone wars. This dude should not have gone further then the trial of skill and I can not believe he passed the trial of spirit with that arrogance. Tano outclassed this dude in every way and she was a padawan which proves that the council has no idea what its doing promoting such people to the rank of knight. Most jedi do not use lightsaber forms by the book and improvise and adapt and change forms when needed be magna guards have everything by the book they can be taken by surprise when the form has difference from what they know.

When Kenobi did that he was a Jedi Master on the Council and he had a very heavy object above them, those circumstances aren't the same as we're talking about because we're talking about regular Knights in regular circumstances. As far as Nahdar Vebb goes you literally proved my point, he was powerful but arrogant and that's what got him killed. The reason you highlighted about how he was made a Knight is the main reason OR Knights were typically weaker as battlefield promotions are what made them Knights and that's likely what made Nahdar a Knight. As for the magnaguards, how can you say they're weak? What have they done that shows they're weak? I'll answer that, nothing. They've been described as worse than Droidekas and capable of giving Council Jedi problems and you're still calling them weak? I literally don't understand what else I can say to prove that they're strong.

Saying that Tano is better than him is all well and good but we only saw him for one episode and in that episode he casually wrecked magnaguards and didn't get instantly wrecked by Grievous, though Grievous was holding back. Those two feats are still very good feats and compare quite similarly to Ahsoka's, besides saying the Council was wrong promoting him and not Ahsoka is kind of hypocritical as what has she shown that would get her past the trial of spirit?

Again, saying that most Jedi don't use forms by the book is all well and good but the magnaguards have been programmed with knowledge of all of them meaning that even if they tried to swap to another form they'd just predict what comes next. Even then we've seen magnaguards perform with missing heads before, they can usually take one or two saber strikes and still keep fighting so saying "they're just droids" is flawed because they think and act faster than some Force sensitives and are more durable than your regular opponent.

You know that star wars has its own examples of non force users that made it even better 6 non cyborg ones actually, guess who they are?

And also the jedi you mentioned did not fought against other jedi but against droids and troopers and lost. One of them was a alien with 4 forms and strong as tank besides being a jedi and still lost. The trooper was not a alien with 4 arms and strong as a tank and he killed thousands upon thousands taking bases that had hundreds if not thousands of enemy soldiers. Bobba Fett did the same and in real life there where humans that did even better then those 2 jedi http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-*****.html.

So when you have the force you better not freaking lose battles that non force users can win. Impressive would have been if they had won like the ones in the new article I linked. Last stands are great and all but even better is when you win.

People like the new knight makes me thing that most of the jedi order is weak.

I explained the circumstances of Krell's defeat, you still keep saying he lost as if he didn't kill half of his attackers first, he lost because he got caught by a creature and stunned by a rifle, it would have been amazing if he'd been able to continue fighting. Saying feats aren't impressive because "it was against troopers and droids" is ridiculous when those droids swarm and outflank their foes and the troopers are trained since birth and their entire existence is to fight wars. As far as saying "Boba Fett did better" goes, you forget that Boba Fett has some of the best tech in Star Wars, is a mandolorian warrior, IIRC the best mandolorian ever and has pretty much been doing jobs since he was 14. That is not a regular non-Force sensitive, that is perhaps the best non-Force sensitive ever bar Durge and Grievous. Why are their feats not impressive if they lost? Would you expect a regular OR Knight to survive the situation Ima-Gun Di died in? He was surrounded by an entire army, practically anyone in the Order bar Windu and Yoda could have died there. Saying that the PT Order Knights were weak because they lost in situations like that or fell before Grievous is absurd.

I'll propose the same idea Jarons did, you name an OR Knight and I'll try and name a PT Knight who was more impressive, are you up for that?

When you said Garek couldn't beat the Jedi Exiled I stopped reading because you truthfully no less than crap.Dude He beat Darth Vader he would Destroy the Whole Jedi and Dark Council of the OR era without Breaking a Sweat.Garek took down some of the best of the best of the PT era and that's not even his strongest incarnation.Starkiller could destroy anyone in the OR era Darth Vader and Starkiller Pound for pound could 1vX any members of either order during the OR period.So just give it up.

Also the Give me one Or Jedi that you think is impressive that's wasn't a Jedi master and I will give you a PT counter parts that's more impressive.

Really so if X beats Y who beats B then it means the B is weaker then X because Obi Won disagrees with you.

So Jolee Bindo, Bastilla Shan, Kyra Karsen, Jaesa Willsaam and Praven, Bengel Morr( you can ignore him if you want) also I gave you non masters and not council members I hope you can do the same.

Edited by adormitul

If you look at the stories you will see that the jedi on missions are predomintaely Knights and padawans.........the number of actual Jedi masters being physically on the front lines are few.

Yoda was on the front lines, but still in his command vehicla, giving oreders and leading like "masters" did, did he defend or attack some targets? yes they all do......but most of the Jedi was Knights and Padawans, Grievous was ALSO trained in the force, meaning he matched Jedi upt a certain Level.

So was the Jedi weak? no more then before , but they almost died within years due to order 66 etc.

Did the order rise again, yes under Luke Skywalker..........was it stronger or weaker then the old days........neither...it was different

How about this then, Kota survived the Clone Wars. That fact alone is impressive, he survived what was supposed to be "the perfect Jedi trap". In addition, the fact that he easily performed tutaminis while laughing is very impressive as tutaminis is noted as a difficult Force ability to use casually. Also, as I've said before, losing to Galen isn't bad, the guy is a monster who was constantly training. At this point it feels like you're lowballing Kota purposefully.

[/color]

He also fought in an Arena for 7 days straight, the 1st day he killed a Krayt Dragon and then he went on for 6 more days against a number of different opponents ranging from creatures to other aliens and the like, receiving numerous injuries yet reported that he wasn't even in real danger. He also deflected Galen's TK attacks, moved with astonishing speed, noted as an esteemed General during the Clone Wars, tore off the command center of a TIE facility.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He also fought in an Arena for 7 days straight, the 1st day he killed a Krayt Dragon and then he went on for 6 more days against a number of different opponents ranging from creatures to other aliens and the like, receiving numerous injuries yet reported that he wasn't even in real danger. He also deflected Galen's TK attacks, moved with astonishing speed, noted as an esteemed General during the Clone Wars, tore off the command center of a TIE facility.

I forgot all of his FUII feats, they're really impressive, thanks Wolf.

Edit: Just realized that the last one was a FUI feat. Still can't believe I forgot those feats. :D

Edited by PadsterPwns

Really so if X beats Y who beats B then it means the B is weaker then X because Obi Won disagrees with you.

So Jolee Bindo, Bastilla Shan, Kyra Karsen, Jaesa Willsaam and Praven, Bengel Morr( you can ignore him if you want) also I gave you non masters and not council members I hope you can do the same.

Well in this case X beat A ,B C,D and Y so Kenobi points means nothing.:p

Trust me buddy I can do the same.

Ferus Olin his respect thread.,Ahsoka Tano,Quinlan Vos,Aayla Secura,Valin Draco,Luminara Unduli,Barriss Offee.Most I go on?

Well in this case X beat A ,B C,D and Y so Kenobi points means nothing.:p

Trust me buddy I can do the same.

Ferus Olin his respect thread.,Ahsoka Tano,Quinlan Vos,Aayla Secura,Valin Draco,Luminara Unduli,Barriss Offee.Most I go on?

Ayala Secura-jedi master so no.

Luminara Unduli-jedi master so still no

Barriss Offee- how was she better?

Quinlan Vos- jedi master so no

Well do better you said to me to give you non jedi master why do you give me masters?I agree with the rest but still need more.

Edited by adormitul

Wow I had completely forgotten what a boss he is.

Does it really matter which era had the strongest jedi? Each era had its champs and average joes. Everyone claims PT jedi superior because we know more about them, and i see no reason to believe there wasn't masters in the ranks of the OR that couldn't do what we seen in the clone wars. I mean c'mon it's all star wars and they are all great. I mean Satele created a force barrier around herself so strong she could be out in space for a few minutes, she's as good as it gets from the OR and i believe she would be on par with anyone other than Revan and Sidious, i see satele to be amongst the greats no matter the era. Edited by ConVallian

Ayala Secura-jedi master so no.

Luminara Unduli-jedi master so still no

Barriss Offee- how was she better?

Quinlan Vos- jedi master so no

Well do better you said to me to give you non jedi master why do you give me masters?I agree with the rest but still need more.

Luminara I didn't mean to post she was stuck with her apprentice so she just followed.Yes her apprentice is better than most you listed but let me add more it was a mistake forgot those two was masters.

Sha Koon,Bultar Swan,Jax Pavan are all pretty impressive.

Luminara I didn't mean to post she was stuck with her apprentice so she just followed.Yes her apprentice is better than most you listed but let me add more it was a mistake forgot those two was masters.

Bultar Swan is actually one of my favourite Jedi.

Sha Koon- ehh its kinda hard to say I guess she is more capable then Kyra.

Bultar Swan well this is even harder I mean she was mostly a diplomat and well a impressive had to hand combatant well probably better the Kyra but did she ever killed a sand demon without a weapon?

Jax Pavan yeah this guy well I do no believe he was stronger then any of my examples. No offense but really he was not impressive as a jedi but he was a survivor I give him that.

Sha Koon- ehh its kinda hard to say I guess she is more capable then Kyra.

Bultar Swan well this is even harder I mean she was mostly a diplomat and well a impressive had to hand combatant well probably better the Kyra but did she ever killed a sand demon without a weapon?

Jax Pavan yeah this guy well I do no believe he was stronger then any of my examples. No offense but really he was not impressive as a jedi but he was a survivor I give him that.

Killed a Sand Demon without a weapon? IIRC nobody has, on Tatooine the SW discovers it's possible to get the blood without fighting it because that's what Jaesa did.

Killed a Sand Demon without a weapon? IIRC nobody has, on Tatooine the SW discovers it's possible to get the blood without fighting it because that's what Jaesa did.

Sorry meant defeat. Its quite impressive considering how strong they are according to some accolades.