The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Canon: Who do you want to be expanded?

PadsterPwns

So the aim of this thread is to simply see what characters people want to be expanded upon in the new canon. You can suggest one or a few and provide reasons if you want.

As this is based upon the new canon it is only including characters within that canon, so anyone out of the six films, The Clone Wars series, Rebels and the new books (Dark Disciple, etc.). Apart from that, have fun.

I want to know what's Disney's version of Darth Bane, since he is one of my favorite characters from the EU.

Also i want to know what happens in detail between Ahsoka Tano and Vader and what explanation are they gonna present for her not being in the movies.

Edited by Kaedusz

I want to know what's Disney's version of Darth Bane, since he is one of my favorite characters.

Also i want to know what happens in detail between Ahsoka Tano and Vader.

That's a really good shout, Darth Bane didn't even enter my mind, if they expand on him I'd like to see Zannah as well and perhaps Darth Cognus.

I want to know what's Disney's version of Darth Bane, since he is one of my favorite characters from the EU.

This. If I had to choose one character of the established canon, it'd be Darth Bane.

Bane from the Drew Karpyshyn novels is easily one of my favorite SW characters. Those novels were insanely popular. People I know who generally don't read even checked them out and loved them. The popularity of that character even with casual fans warrants further exploration in my opinion.

Now that that portrayal of the character is non-canon, Darth Bane is easily the one character I'm most interested in seeing "officially" explored.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Cin Drallig, given that he's Nick Gillard the guy who gave SW it's defining Lightsaber Combat that the EU uses as a whole...I think his character should be more expanded on than it was in Legends, which to say was hardly anything other than some mentions and accolades.

Yeah, it would be nice to see some impressive feats from him considering he's the Battlemaster of the PT Order, the Battlemaster of the golden era.

Darth Bane would be nice, but I doubt Zannah will be included if they decided too. It'll be probably be a totally new apprentice.

I'd like to see Boba Fett's adventures between episodes 2 and 5. There's a lot of room to make an interesting and compelling storyline. Perhaps he helped the empire hunt down remaining jedis and things like that. I'm sure he had a festering hatred of jedis.

Like the previous posters my choice is Darth Bane, Or really the history of the sith all together. I believe Lucas said once in passing that Darth Ruin was the first of what we would call "sith" today. If they decide to work with that , it could make for a very intriguing story.

Cin Drallig, given that he's Nick Gillard the guy who gave SW it's defining Lightsaber Combat that the EU uses as a whole...I think his character should be more expanded on than it was in Legends, which to say was hardly anything other than some mentions and accolades.

Yes this too, i was let down in the CW series as i thought for sure they'd use him somehow, but was disappointed he wasn't much more than a cameo with like one line. I would love to see a Cin Drallig vs Dooku duel:D

That is if they made him look as strong as he was made out to be.

I'm actually enjoying the new Canon novels that are centered on brand new characters - I understand why people dislike the writing style of Aftermath, but I really do like the 'crew' that was assembled throughout it, and I want to see what is next for them.

For the period between Episodes III and IV, I definitely want to know what happened to Bo-Katan Kryze and her Nite Owls (I have a pet theory that Sabine is related to her).

Beyond that, I found Lost Stars to be a particularly pleasant surprise, but I have to admit I'm a little conflicted about whether I really would want to see more about Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree, or whether this is one of those cases where a nice, complete story for them had already been told, and adding more would just dilute or even spoil it at this point.

It might surprise some of you, but...Aayla, Shaak Ti, and Windu mostly. In canon they barely have any feats, even in Legends not that much.

Windu could definitely use the Vader treatment, for someone who is said the be the 2nd best Jedi up until his time behind Yoda, he's not that flashy. His best feat is routinely discarded too. But ofc Shaak should still keep her power level from TFU, meaning Ti > Windu :jawa_evil:

A final Kenobi vs Maul showdown would be nice too.

Edited by cs_zoltan

It might surprise some of you, but...Aayla, Shaak Ti, and Windu mostly. In canon they barely have any feats, even in Legends not that much.

Windu could definitely use the Vader treatment, for someone who is said the be the 2nd best Jedi up until his time behind Yoda, he's not that flashy. His best feat is routinely discarded too. But ofc Shaak should still keep her power level from TFU, meaning Ti > Windu :jawa_evil:

A final Kenobi vs Maul showdown would be nice too.

You wanting Shaak Ti to have feats? :eek:

Tbh I agree, especially about Windu. Personally I'd love to see more feats from the B-team and Embo, seriously the B-team need more feats to solidify their hype and status whereas Embo needs more of a character and generally more exposure.

You wanting Shaak Ti to have feats? :eek:

Tbh I agree, especially about Windu. Personally I'd love to see more feats from the B-team and Embo, seriously the B-team need more feats to solidify their hype and status whereas Embo needs more of a character and generally more exposure.

Them too, yes. In short: Moar Clone Wars (without only focusing on Anakin and Obi-Wan) :p

As much as i would want a Darth Bane movie. i doubt disney will green light a villain centric film. Maybe a game or book but probably not a movie. But i fear it'll be a long time before they start to focus on anything outside the timeline of the OT and ST now, which is unfortunate.

The new canon has problems look at Star Wars:Rebels where is the mass murder Vader does when people fail. The Inquisitors should have been long dead by now after so many failing and agent Callus well should have been chocked to death by some time also.

What is it with this bad writing?

As much as i would want a Darth Bane movie. i doubt disney will green light a villain centric film. Maybe a game or book but probably not a movie. But i fear it'll be a long time before they start to focus on anything outside the timeline of the OT and ST now, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, I agree with you, I don't think Darth Bane is going to get a movie and even if he gets one it would probably be animated. Saying that, it would be cool to see an animated film of Darth Bane as they could get Mark Hammil to voice him.

As for your second part I also share your concern, as honestly the PT era is the most interesting era IMO, followed by the NJO and OR eras. I feel it may also be a marketing thing, seeing how despised the PT trilogy is by some fans, though I've honestly never understood the PT hate anyway.

Edited by PadsterPwns

As much as i would want a Darth Bane movie. i doubt disney will green light a villain centric film. Maybe a game or book but probably not a movie.

Disney made Maleficent. She's a villain and that movie made a ton of money. It was awful in my opinion, but yeah.

Disney won't be making a Darth Bane movie anytime soon (if ever) largely due to the sheer amount on their plate right now.

Which is fine. We have decades.

But i fear it'll be a long time before they start to focus on anything outside the timeline of the OT and ST now, which is unfortunate.

They're already going back to the Prequel trilogy. There is a new Anakin/Obi-Wan comic coming out, and Rebels has quite a few Clone Wars era characters in it.

And the Disney Infinity Twilight of the Republic playset is nothing but Prequel characters.

Disney has also already stated their intention to explore other eras, it's just going to take time.

As for your second part I also share your concern, as honestly the PT era is the most interesting era IMO, followed by the NJO and OR eras.

See above.

I've honestly never understood the PT hate anyway.

Then you don't want to at this point.

Edited by CaulderBenson

To tell you the truth pad I want some Starkiller stuff.I loved the Character and TFUII LEFT US IN A giant cliff hanger and I want it finished and Starkiller and Juno living happy ever after.

Also I wouldn't mind some more PT era stuff like Mace and Vos.

To tell you the truth pad I want some Starkiller stuff.I loved the Character and TFUII LEFT US IN A giant cliff hanger and I want it finished and Starkiller and Juno living happy ever after.

Also I wouldn't mind some more PT era stuff like Mace and Vos.

I always liked Starkiller, he felt like a video game character done well, unlike a certain clone trooper we know... :D

I'd also like to see more of Vos but also more of Dooku, hopefully with their power levels being more akin to their EU counter parts. I'm surprised that you didn't mention Plo Koon, have you finally realized that fodder shouldn't be expanded upon? :p

I always liked Starkiller, he felt like a video game character done well, unlike a certain clone trooper we know... :D

I'd also like to see more of Vos but also more of Dooku, hopefully with their power levels being more akin to their EU counter parts. I'm surprised that you didn't mention Plo Koon, have you finally realized that fodder shouldn't be expanded upon? :p

Agreed man that trooper was terrible I don't know why he is so overhype.

Dooku had enough he doesn't need more and yea Vos is cool and have that swag to him others don't.Well if they show more of him than Kit fisto will look even weaker so I didn't want to do that to your favorite character.

Agreed man that trooper was terrible I don't know why he is so overhype.

Dooku had enough he doesn't need more and yea Vos is cool and have that swag to him others don't.Well if they show more of him than Kit fisto will look even weaker so I didn't want to do that to your favorite character.

While I was joking, I'd like to see more from the PT Council in general so that all the hype and accolades they have get evidence. I'd also like to see more from Jai Maruk and Maks Leem.

Disney made Maleficent. She's a villain and that movie made a ton of money. It was awful in my opinion, but yeah.

Disney won't be making a Darth Bane movie anytime soon (if ever) largely due to the sheer amount on their plate right now.

Which is fine. We have decades.

They're already going back to the Prequel trilogy. There is a new Anakin/Obi-Wan comic coming out, and Rebels has quite a few Clone Wars era characters in it.

And the Disney Infinity Twilight of the Republic playset is nothing but Prequel characters.

Disney has also already stated their intention to explore other eras, it's just going to take time.

See above.

Then you don't want to at this point.

Yes but it in the end they made Maleficant more of a anti hero who was sad because a man done her wrong and she ended up not so bad, Bane is the personification of the dark side, there's no happy ending in a Bane film.

Yeah they are goin back to Anakin/Kenobi...in a comic i was talking about movies being based off other eras, the OT and ST will be the main focus for the next decade probably. When every anthology film is going to be about a younger version of an already loved and known character...

When every anthology film is going to be about a younger version of an already loved and known character...

Isn't the first anthology film going to be "Rogue One" - featuring all new characters? It's still squarely in the era of the "Episode __" movies, don't get me wrong I do agree that's where any films are going to be focused for a long, long time, but I don't think they're all going to be in the Han Solo prequel vein.

Edited by DarthDymond