Diplomacy missions

Fyalenn

Has anyone else noticed that these are set up really weird?

Rank 2 has no Rich/Bountiful missions for medical supplies.

Rank 4 has none either, but has 4 Rich missions for companion gifts.

Rank 6 has 4 Rich missions for companion gifts and 2 for medical supplies.

All the 'less interesting' missions seem to be a random thrown together list as well. Why wouldn't there simply be one light and one dark option of every 'level' of mission at every rank..

Changing instance does not seem to refresh the list at all, and afaik these missions do exist in the game.. why don''t they show up?

I'm trying to gather mats to make Prefabs and with only one 'abundant' rank 2 mission it is a daunting task to gather enough purple mats...

You are assuming that I am a: made of money and b: these things are ever on the GTN at all.

I was just wondering if I was the only one with this pattern or if maybe retraining diplomacy or doing 'something' would put it right.

In a weird quirk, the Republic and Imperial Diplomacy missions have gaps that the other fills (I'm not talking light and dark, I mean Pub and Imp). So if you're not finding those missions you'll want to get a character on the opposing side with Diplomacy to get them.

You are assuming that I am a: made of money and b: these things are ever on the GTN at all.

I was just wondering if I was the only one with this pattern or if maybe retraining diplomacy or doing 'something' would put it right.

Strange I buy them all the time, not really that expensive, but sorry to provide advice, next time I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Strange I buy them all the time, not really that expensive, but sorry to provide advice, next time I'll just keep my mouth shut.

LEARN YOUR PLACE!!! OP wants a sandwich..hint hint!

The few missions it would take to either get over the hump to next level, or added into the price of the item being sold is a barrier to surmountable to be even remotely practical. You of all people should know this.

I seem to recall noticing some odd things with the bioanalysis missions. Let's log in and see...

Alright, for the biochem white materials (medical equipment)...

Complete list, not leaving anything out:

* Grade 1 list has: 1x bountiful grade 4

* Grade 2 list has: 1x bountiful grade 2, 1x abundant grade 5

* Grade 3 list has: 1x rich grade 3, 1x bountiful grade 3, 2x moderate grade 3

* Grade 4 list has: 2x bountiful grade 4, 1x moderate grade 4

* Grade 5 list has: 1x rich grade 5, 1x rich grade 3, 1x bountiful grade 5, 1x abundant grade 5, 1x moderate grade 5

* Grade 6 list has: 0x anything

* Grade 7 list has: 1x moderate grade 7

* Grade 8 list has: 2x moderate grade 8

Some have few options while others have many options, three options are either out of place or labeled wrong, and nowhere in any of those options can you find any that say grade 1 or grade 6 medical equipment.

As for Diplomacy, let's look at that... Huh, maybe there's some weird bug or design quirk here like someone said, because on my character (Republic) I'm seeing 4 rich grade 2 missions (2 light, 2 dark), 4 rich grade 4 missions (2 light, 2 dark), and 2 rich grade 6 missions (both light side).

(Check your grade 6 list again. On mine the top several options were gifts and I found the rich med supply missions after scrolling down a bit.)

Now I wonder if this bug/quirk could explain bioanalysis as well... Or it could just be something they missed / screwed up when they were replacing the old white mats with the new ones. (EDIT: Nope. Appears to be the same oddities in bioanalysis missions for each faction.)

EDIT: I don't think I have an Imperial with Diplomacy built up that high, so all I can confirm from the one I just logged into is that Empire doesn't get rich yield med supplies in grade 2.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

• 1 month later...
I seem to recall noticing some odd things with the bioanalysis missions. Let's log in and see...

I don't think I have an Imperial with Diplomacy built up that high, so all I can confirm from the one I just logged into is that Empire doesn't get rich yield med supplies in grade 2.

On Imperial side I have (for Medical Supplies and only listing the highest return missions and not the gifts missions)

Grade 1 = 2 @ Bountiful (1 LS & 1 DS)

Grade 2 = 2 @ Abundant (1 LS & 1 DS)

Grade 3 = 4 @ Rich (2 LS & 2 DS)

Grade 4 = 2 @ Bountiful (1LS & 1 DS)

Grade 5 = 2 @ Rich (1LS & 1 DS)

Grade 6 = 2 @ Rich (2 LS & 0 DS)

Grade 7 = 2 @ Rich (1 LS & 1 DS)

Keep in mid that for crafting the purple items come from criticals so you can get them from bountiful/abundant not just rich missions. Also, the crafting missions from GTN are the best (since I think they are now guaranteed to drop the purple mats).