Bioware should apologize for not getting you the EXTRA toy you wanted for Christmas.

Tacoscent

I can understand if you like pvp, and there aren't any new maps/content for you, well, I can understand you being upset that some of the subscriber rewards, aren't based on that. I can.

If you like raiding and there are no new operations announced etc, I can understand that too. It wasn't what you hoped it would be.

It just seems strange that, on TOP of all the new content they are going to be releasing up until KoTFE is finished, they are doing a subscriber rewards thing, where they give you something, just for supporting the game, for free. Why be mad about it? It seems silly to get mad, because its almost like crying and having a fit because you didn't get the EXTRA toy you wanted for Christmas. That is literally what people are angry about, so don't sugar coat it.

You can't really say its cut content etc. Its not like the content is in the game yet. If you want to take a look at actual cut content, look at Total War - Warhammer. An entire faction only playable if you pre order, cut from the game 6 months before release. THAT is cut content. Enormous difference from what is going on here.

They did a survey and based on what the community wanted, they gave us rewards based on that. They thought people would be excited for some new story based content, a new popular companion coming back and on top of it, a special mission where you can play as HK-55. Its all a bonus! Its stuff that is being added on as EXTRA. Like, if you bought a standard version of a civic with no nav system, and they decided to throw in the nav system completely free ON TOP OF WHAT YOU ALREADY KNEW YOU WERE PAYING FOR.

And then, so what, you get mad at the dealership for throwing in the nav system you knew you weren't going to get a second ago? All of a sudden, its not good enough? You're ungrateful and want the leather seats, the sport suspension, and the 18 inch sport wheels thrown in for free too? Might as well gouge em for everything they are worth right?

When you put things in terms like this, its really easy to understand what a douche you are if you're one of the ones complaining and making a fuss about it.

Edited by Tacoscent

I think the real reason for some, lerhaps most, of the complaint about there not being enough rewards is missed. If we did not have our weekly solo quests, FPs and OPs being exclusively recycled content far fewer people would be complaining.

At least as far as I can tell, when you read all of it, and simply not those few with an over inflated sense of entitlement, you see people saying NOT that the subscriber rewards are inadequate in and of themselves, its that the subscriber rewards are not an adequate replacement for the lack of new repeatable content. Some may be placated by bigger rewards yes, others would not be though because it is the lack of this repeatable content that is the real problem, not the rewards themselves.

1. The stuff is not free, it costs 13€ a month.

2. Those 13€ a month are paid to get new content to some part.

3. When they hype a big announcement that literally states: Hey guys, we are delaying new content but we still want your money, so here is a reward for you to stay subscribed in the meantime, players will not be happy.

The whole live-stream was just another marketing gag. Releasing this information only with a forum post would be more than enough.

The hyped announcement should be around a roadmap for new content that is coming next year (new FPs, OPs,PvP, cross-server and other stuff) because those are reasons to subscribe.

Edited by Neglience

I think the real reason for some, lerhaps most, of the complaint about there not being enough rewards is missed. If we did not have our weekly solo quests, FPs and OPs being exclusively recycled content far fewer people would be complaining.

At least as far as I can tell, when you read all of it, and simply not those few with an over inflated sense of entitlement, you see people saying NOT that the subscriber rewards are inadequate in and of themselves, its that the subscriber rewards are not an adequate replacement for the lack of new repeatable content. Some may be placated by bigger rewards yes, others would not be though because it is the lack of this repeatable content that is the real problem, not the rewards themselves.

That however is different and not what the subscriber rewards is supposed to be offering. I am sure they are working on SOMETHING to keep people interested in the game, repeatable content and the like. But, its kinda ridiculous because they are 2 seperate things. Its not meant to be a replacement. Its an EXTRA. That is what people are not comprehending. They can't just come up with content like you are talking about in a couple weeks.

3. When they hype a big announcement that literally states: Hey guys, we are delaying new content but we still want your money, so here is a reward for you to stay subscribed in the meantime, players will not be happy.

It was clearly aimed at subscribers. They didn't mention "new raids. new pvp map".

And ? It is quit funny to hype something that says: Hey guys, content is delayed.

How is content delayed? Early 2016 =/= January. So far in all these threads no one have produced even a tweet mentioning January release of the next chapter by the devs or any associates of Bioware.

Ultimately, I'm pretty sure nobody is pissed off because they don't like the free bonus stuff they are about to get. People are disappointed about things they can't see in the future.

Bonus gifts, cake icings and cherries on top work great. If there is a cake underneath the icing, or something on top of which the cherry sits.

People are slowly realizing what YEAR ALL ABOUT THE STORY means in practice; Shipment of 90 mins of talking heads in L shaped corridors every 90 days or so. No GSF content. No WZs. No OPs. No relevant Fps. No nothing. This is what counts. Not if free vanity junk is gonna be awesome or not.

Edited by Stradlin

How is content delayed? Early 2016 =/= January. So far in all these threads no one have produced even a tweet mentioning January release of the next chapter by the devs or any associates of Bioware.

They somewhere said no new content until january and then 1 chapter per month. Now, it is no new content until feb.

Edited by Neglience

They somewhere said no new content until january and then 1 chapter per month. Now, it is no new content until feb.

This Dulfy.net and few other tweets only mention early 2016 release. Its not Bioware's fault that some have read early 2016 and started to propagate a January release. Again, if you have source for it, feel free to link it.

Until then the content is delayed is just a fake reason for whining.

Edited by Karudan

can understand if you like pvp, and there aren't any new maps/content for you, well, I can understand you being upset that some of the subscriber rewards, aren't based on that. I can.

If you like raiding and there are no new operations announced etc, I can understand that too. It wasn't what you hoped it would be.

Hey!

I like the story! I really-really do. Class-story - I love it the most.

Guess what? I'm not getting a damn thing till mid-Feb, when the ~2hours (I'm such an optimist, yeah) of the brand-new&sparkling story arrives. And they expect me to sub since Jan. Else - no goodies for me, as I no longer qualify as a worthy player. Don't you feel the disturbance in the Force?

I'm a Founder, damnit, but I'm not good enough to get any rewards unless I sub month before they give us any content to play with.

Hey!

I like the story! I really-really do. Class-story - I love it the most.

Guess what? I'm not getting a damn thing till mid-Feb, when the ~2hours (I'm such an optimist, yeah) of the brand-new&sparkling story arrives. And they expect me to sub since Jan. Else - no goodies for me, as I no longer qualify as a worthy player. Don't you feel the disturbance in the Force?

I'm a Founder, damnit, but I'm not good enough to get any rewards unless I sub month before they give us any content to play with.

I have Founder title too but I don't pay subscription to get free stuff. I pay to play the game without restrictions. Game I enjoy playing. Everything else is just bonus. And this is one of the ways for developers to say "thank you".

Edited by Halinalle

I have Founder title too but I don't pay subscription to get free stuff. I pay to play the game without restrictions. Game I enjoy playing. Everything else is just bonus. And this is one of the ways for developers to say "thank you".

Pretty much man. I enjoy the story and I play this like a single player game. I subscribe for the same reasons and I am enjoying it a lot. I hate the new change to flashpoints, that is my only big issue with the game. Going into a flashpoint as dps with 3 other dps. They really need to rework that. Other than that I'm loving the game.