The State of the Jedi post Return of the Jedi going into new Trilogy

ConVallian

This thread will be speculation on Luke and his Jedi affairs after ep. 6 going into TFA. I don't think the new canon will go the "new jedi order" route as in the books which personally i'm glad, as i don't believe an order as big as the Jedi Order was ,that was wiped out almost over-night and has been almost extinct and in-active for 20 years will ever come back to the strength it was previously, especially not in 30 years time. I believe the reason Luke is hiding in TFA is because he attempted to rebuild the order in a fashion similar to the jedi academy series, but before it could get going strong the Knights of Ren and the First Order attacked and killed all of Luke's potential apprentices. Luke,after realizing another powerful Force-user (Snoke) Is looking for him he goes into hiding as his presence would probably endanger the Resistance. Going forward i think if they ever do get rebuilt which im sure they will, i would like to see the Jedi operate more on lines of the Assassin Brotherhood from the AC series, being known but used more discreetly not like this justice league the republic can call on whenever it needs it.

Please share thoughts, love to hear others opinions, Thanks.

Pretty sure it was noted Luke was hiding because he was too powerful and it was becoming hard for him to control. So he went into hiding to train himself to control said power, at least that's what I recall reading though it may have been early speculation.

That said I think the start of the FA will be the beginning of the reemergence of the Jedi Order.

Don't know it not the first time the jedi have been wiped out , EU is concerned kirea Sith Trivument , and the Eternal empire wiped them out . There been other era where the jedi been extinct . it a cycle really . And the Force is still there . impossible for it to not eventually be exploited by a new force . Sith or Other . But yeah curious to where Luke is to . Edited by Enjouserano

No its not the first " Jedi Purge" , but Order 66 was clearly the most successful as it almost completely wiped them out in its entirety. But I'm very interested to see how the new canon takes the direction of the jedi, i mean in the waning days of the clone wars alot of public opinion was turning against the jedi, and it wasn't like palpatine forced the republic to become an empire he masterfully manipulated the masses to believe it would be the best for the galaxy. Same thing with the jedi. i mean the majority of the senate applauded when he said the remaining jedi will be hunted down and eliminated.I know since Luke, the jedi have once more became that beacon of hope, but what does the rest of the Galaxy think about the jedi, the ones that remembered when they were strong and many? I mean were some people relieved when the jedi all but vanished? Afterall the Emperor made it seem they were trying to force themselves into control of the republic. Also many people were probably glad that these robed lightsaber wielders with unnatural powers were gone. Plus the dogmatic views of the jedi were also working against them as far as public opinion is concerned, which makes me believe alot of people were glad the jedi were no more, especially the underworld lol. So if the jedi return to save the galaxy this time will the populace finally believe they need the jedi again? Im Just so stoked to see where disney takes the jedi i cant wait to see TFA.