Better than cross-server pvp?

dragospastiu

I guess "better" is a matter of PoV.

Some people like the 'closed' side of actual system, as it allows better reputation management, to recognize more faces and so on, even if there's less competition this way, it makes servers like "big families" and it has its charm.

Other people want cross-server to reduce queue times/crossed factions WZ & improve overall competition and it's a fair point of view too

But to answer you, the only thing that might reconciliate those two Povs should be a well-populated & active pvp server where the main activity of the majority of people is pvp, but as we can't control what are people doing with their time, it's some kind of utopia.

They're still working on it. Remember, these are the same Devs who took over a year to get cat heads into the game (Cathar) and are promoting an already developed character (HK-55) as your incentive to stay subbed for the next 10 months...they ain't the quickest guys obviously.

I took a break for like 6 months I think, and the last thing I heard before quitting in frustration over the state of the pvp at the time, was 'better than cross-server pvp'.

Now, I see nothing changed for the better and was wondering what happened to that promise.

Damn, so many broken promises and dreams with this game, but hey, it's StarWars and the devs know it...

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/08/swtor-nycc-cosplay-contest-and-cantina-livestream-coverage/

Group Q&A from ObiWanBaikonur

Q: "Last year at NY ComiCon, you said that there was something ‘better than cross-server’ coming. What is it? Where/when is it?"

Musco- I did say that, and I’m going to give you the Community Manager answer that we see cross-server queuing as really addressing a symptom, rather than the actual problem. The real problem is that Group Finder pops aren’t happening as fast as we or you would like. That’s for Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, all of it. So, we that is the problem we are trying to resolve.

Backus- I will probably lose my job for this, but I can say that there are two things that we are actively working on to address your concerns here and what you describe as ‘better than cross-server’. I can’t say much more than that, except that you will see an announcement and implementation before next New York ComiCon.

Musco- *with a wink* Subject to change!

Edited by Master-Nala

I am pretty sure it's the cheap transfers, tbh.

I second this. After they announced "better than cross-server" the cheap transfers came out. And honestly, I don't see how anything other than that would be remotely close to cross server.

EDIT: See post below. Spoke too soon!

Edited by Chickentaco

Cross-faction would be consistent with the KotFE theme and would go a long way towards evening out match-making given the faction imbalances on most servers.

This seems like the best course of action to take regarding faction imbalance, it would also help queue times on low population servers. We already have cross faction planets, so I don't think it would be too difficult to implement cross faction instances.

Edited by Chickentaco