**Rare Post** Subscriber That Is Pleased With The Game In General

DeadCheck

I subscribe to support the game and hopefully get more content from the game producers in doing so. Also, I am excited that HK-55 is coming back since he was the most likable companion from the recent story line. IMHO if you are subbing just for the rewards then you are subbing for the wrong reasons. You can even freeload and complain about everything being controlled with micro transactions but even the free players get loads of content. Play the game and have fun or don't.

I subscribe to support the game and hopefully get more content from the game producers in doing so. Also, I am excited that HK-55 is coming back since he was the most likable companion from the recent story line. IMHO if you are subbing just for the rewards then you are subbing for the wrong reasons. You can even freeload and complain about everything being controlled with micro transactions but even the free players get loads of content. Play the game and have fun or don't.

Most of the people playing the game are quite pleased with the current state of the game (bugs aside), and once those people learn that they're getting HK-55 back, they'll be particularly stoked.

You great sir, have earned my full respect!

This really brings home the fact that the forum and in game greatly differ, last night in game the general consensus of people was "HK back, play as HK, cool" and "Huh? I didnt even know there was something extra coming" whenever it was mentioned.

Are there bugs Id like fixed? Damn skippy. (Im looking at you Vector and Scourge still wearing bras after 3 years, and also you broken romance flags!)

Are there things I dont like? Yep. (Glaring at you PvP gate to get 4X/Pierce)

But on the whole, Im enjoying being able to wander around in the star Wars Universe.

PvP? sorry but Biowares version of PvP is so terrible I dont want anything to do with it (I was on arena teams in WoW and PvPd all the time in Rifts)

OPs? I dont have the ability to dedicate hours on end to things, I need ot be able to go AFK at a moments notice for undetermined amounts of time.

This is a recreational hobby for me, not a second job, and raiding usually end up being just that. (Aforementioned WoW activities had progression raiding 3 nights a week, arena Team was 2 nights a Week, and regular battlegrounds night once a week on top of random ones popped into for whatever)

Call me casual if you want, but Im just here to relax and have fun, sometimes its decorating my strongholds, sometimes leveling alts, or playing GTN PvP :p

But back to the point, nothing i saw lastnight was indicating anyone in game itself being up in arms upset about the upcoming sub rewards, as I saw people were interested, or didnt even have a clue they were happening.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Co-signing what he said......

I agree OP, love this game and I sub to support it. Can't wait for more KotFE! Luckily I don't think all the complainers on the forums actually play the game regularly (or maybe they're all on their own special server? :p ) because I never see this kind of rampant negativity in-game.

Yes, and ironically the more I read the crying over at the thread responding to the live feed the more satisfied I am with the game.

I'd like to know more about the fates of the old companions, especially the romance companions and the flags bug.

But getting HK back, and fighting in a tournament to get Bowdaar? Good stuff. Crafting upgrades so that hopefully I can craft blues and purples competitive with the level cap would be very nice.

Count me satisfied.

After playing various MMO's for the last 15 years I've pretty much accepted that none is going to be perfect. Class balance is never going to happen. Producing content can never keep up with the rate it's consumed. There will be bugs, server crashes and gold spammers, etc...

When I get bored or annoyed with one game I take a break and try out another for a while. No point with getting upset over games I play to relax.

No one is subbing for the reward. How can you seriously think this? Nobody was ASKING for a reward; it was THEIR announcement. And we're not upset because suddenly we feel entitled for one.

What you're not realizing is the people who complain ARE playing the game because they're having fun. And they're complaining because there is NO MORE FUN. This includes:

-People who only play this game to pvp (there haven't been pvp changes in such a long time)

-People (myself included) who play this game to beat operations. (No new ops until.. who knows when? August, as some have predicted?)

So tell me: what are we supposed to do until then?

Edited by BigBreakfast

Something else. It's your call. No one else cares.

Many people apparently care, which is of course obvious to you since you're here posting about them.

If this game is fine for you, why are you posting about the complainers? What we desire will not affect your enjoyment of the game at all. People have legitimate concerns.

I'd say most people are pleased with the game in general. It's the minutiae and specialty game play that people are having a want for more. This is where the dissatisfaction sits. It's easy to say 'I'm fine.' and be done with it, it's more difficult to say 'I'm fine, but I see there are issues that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone, Like adding a new OP, some new PvP maps or types of PvP. It could be better by letting people play the game in a style that they enjoy and receive the rewards from the story.' So yeah, I'm pleased with the game in general, but it could be better.

Many people apparently care, which is of course obvious to you since you're here posting about them.

If this game is fine for you, why are you posting about the complainers? What we desire will not affect your enjoyment of the game at all. People have legitimate concerns.

It won't? Really?

*remembers "The great companion nerf of 2015"... :confused:

Riiiiiiight..... :rolleyes:

Of course it's fine to voice concerns, but the tone some ppl use is beyond ridiculous. Maybe those ppl should go read the news, might put their first world catastrophes in perspective.

I am also pleased with the game as of late, yes I agree there are bugs to be fixed and I know they are working on them. I am looking forward to getting back my HK-55 even though I have am HK-51, just wrong that he doesn't call people meat bags. Also looking forward to new chapters too, love story line and am liking how I can basically do all of this solo. I had to quit raiding on wow recently due to my work making me change hours so much almost every week and looks like it is not going to change any time soon. So I came back to this game and have been loving it :) Am happy that I can play this at my own pace and when I have free time. Love the story guys, so personally keep up the good work and keep us posted on the bug fixes.

It won't? Really?

*remembers "The great companion nerf of 2015"... :confused:

Riiiiiiight..... :rolleyes:

Believe me, I hated the huge nerf too. I was leveling a new sorc at the time, and my resurgence alone healed for more than Khem's entire Innervate channel.

But I think both sides pretty much agreed that they were extremely overpowered and needed a nerf, not a nuke.

Of course it's fine to voice concerns, but the tone some ppl use is beyond ridiculous. Maybe those ppl should go read the news, might put their first world catastrophes in perspective.

Agree completely about people going overboard.

Edited by BigBreakfast

No one is subbing for the reward. How can you seriously think this? Nobody was ASKING for a reward; it was THEIR announcement. And we're not upset because suddenly we feel entitled for one.

What you're not realizing is the people who complain ARE playing the game because they're having fun. And they're complaining because there is NO MORE FUN. This includes:

-People who only play this game to pvp (there haven't been pvp changes in such a long time)

-People (myself included) who play this game to beat operations. (No new ops until.. who knows when? August, as some have predicted?)

So tell me: what are we supposed to do until then?

You may have legitimate concerns but expecting them to address it on a 30 minute stream that was advertised for subs?

Those things would be for the entire community not just subs so why go to a stream expecting something they have not advertised they will discuss?

I particularly do not like the way they are doing groups (i.e. my boyfriend and I have to do it twice) or the companions behind pvp but I didn't go to the stream expecting them to talk about that as I knew they had advertised subs so I went there expecting some sort of reward, a date for the new chapter and probably something related to the new story, which is pretty much what they gave us.

I'd say most people are pleased with the game in general. It's the minutiae and specialty game play that people are having a want for more. This is where the dissatisfaction sits. It's easy to say 'I'm fine.' and be done with it, it's more difficult to say 'I'm fine, but I see there are issues that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone, Like adding a new OP, some new PvP maps or types of PvP. It could be better by letting people play the game in a style that they enjoy and receive the rewards from the story.' So yeah, I'm pleased with the game in general, but it could be better.

Sure, the story could come out Jan 20th instead of Feb 11th, there could be a more detailed conceptual sketch of what happens when chapter 16 hits (OP or straight to season 2?). However, that's a far cry from the reaction that is in the official dev thread.

This game isn't perfect, but I do enjoy it, and have no problems putting money in when I can afford to do so. I haven't played in a few days (thank Steam and having Fallout: New Vegas and X-Com on sale at the same time I got extra money), but I've tried a lot of MMOs, and this is the only one that has really stuck.

Granted, I don't PvP, because it just doesn't interest me, and I don't do Ops or FPs, because I feel that no matter how hard I try, I'm looked down on for not having the perfect rotation down pat in a group environment. But for the majority of the content, I'm fine. And hell, I was expecting future comps to be gated behind future Chapters, which is a problem for someone with...inconsistent pay, so having Bowdaar available through a patch is pleasing to me.

You may have legitimate concerns but expecting them to address it on a 30 minute stream that was advertised for subs?

Those things would be for the entire community not just subs so why go to a stream expecting something they have not advertised they will discuss?

I particularly do not like the way they are doing groups (i.e. my boyfriend and I have to do it twice) or the companions behind pvp but I didn't go to the stream expecting them to talk about that as I knew they had advertised subs so I went there expecting some sort of reward, a date for the new chapter and probably something related to the new story, which is pretty much what they gave us.

You're right. And we knew all along there would be no new ops. And pvpers have been used to no new anything.

What I did learn from the stream was that

- They created an *incentive* for people to subscribe, not a reward for current subs. Not a big deal, no reward necessary for subs, but that's kind of deceptive.

- Instead of tackling issues that currently exist in the game we've already paid for (bugs, pvp, ops), they spent time / resources on something extra that nobody even asked for. Which, in itself, is great. It'll be over in a few hours, and some people don't even care to play as HK, but great. Except,.. why is nim loot still broken? Why did you stop making ops?

It struck a nerve in people who have stayed subbed for a while, unhappily stuck with the same content and hoping for something new.

What we are seeing now is different than at launch. Since the beginning of SWTORs life, weve had a large population of bitter trolls sore from the closing of star wars galaxies, who refuse to see the value of swtor and would rather sully the community than build.

Now, after 4 years, SWTOR has attracted new players, and has begun to build a community. Given that nonsubs cannot post on these forums, a large population on positive swtor players exist solely in the game. The negativity being cultivated on these forums no longer represents the bulk opinion of the player mass, but rather a small percent of overspoken nonsense that had hoped to destroy this community and failed.

The truth is that people are generally glad about playing swtor. It is built in such a way that all play styles including casuals who have lives such as families, work etc can play and be satisfied. Having been a community lead back for star wars galaxies, I can see and relate to the issues Eric and the rest of the team encounter. Luckily theyve gone a step further and included soicial media and outside forums like reddit into their decision making, a luxury that didnt exist for us.

Enjoy the game, and like anything else, theres always pros and cons. Weak people will always find ways to point out flaws and weaknesses. Strong people offer praise and constructive criticism instead of wannabe elitist narcissistic point of views.

MTFBWY

I am so pleased that I just rerolled my level 65 Bounty Huntress. Yep, threw away a whole mess of CC points that I'd spent on her in the process.

Why? Because her romance with Torian was not acknowledged in KotFE like it should have been. And this means that in future chapters, there will also be no record of a romance with Torian. Yep, the new story broke my character. And I'm not the only one, as evidenced in the thread linked in my signature.

That having been said, I would not have rerolled if I did not enjoy the game as much as I do. I love the game.

I WOULD JUST LIKE CHARACTER-BREAKING BUGS TO BE A PRIORITY. Really, I don't think that's asking too much.