Sith Purebloods vs Humans

Jedimasterdrall

Around 97 or so percent of Imperials have some Sith blood IIRC, but Pureblood refers to those with obvious features with some displaying more Human like features than others. In the Purity quest it's stated that bloodlines are sources of power, and even Humans are told they are mocking the source of their power if they mockingly respond to the NPC giving the quest. The NPC says that breeding with slaves is contributing to the blood dilution, which I assume means largely aliens not Humans. It's clear Humans are not frowned upon as much as aliens but it seems they would be below Purebloods due to having less Sith blood. Obviously most of the Dark Council is by far Human and the many powerful Human Sith disprove the notion that the Purebloods are ultimately the strongest, but are Humans generally seen as below the Purebloods? It wouldn't make much sense to me, considering that the Human Dark Side enslaved and conquered the original Sith but they do have less Sith blood (and presumably purity) than Purebloods. I remember the codex saying that the Purebloods aren't actually pure and that all of them have been mixed with Humans (the dark Jedi I'm guessing) to some extent. Sith Purebloods tend to act quite arrogant from what I see. So, are the Humans looked down upon as inferior due to having less Sith blood or not? Lore examples would be good. :confused: Edited by Jedimasterdrall

Humans, in term of population and technology/conquest overwhelmingly dominate the galaxy and as you said enslaved the sith purebloods back during the arrival of Ajunta Pall in Korriban, so I'm pretty sure both species are at the same rank during the game's area, Marr is human and pretty much lead the empire after the fall of the Empire. Edited by Lazproperty

Yes purebloods are considered above humans. I believe the reason for this is because this is because this supposedly makes the more like Dark Lords of the Sith who were human/Sith hybrids. Even if the first Dark Jedi who conquered Korriban were human, I guess being human with Sith blood is what makes them above common humans.

The Purebloods still think they're above humans, but as time passes they grow fewer and fewer. The guy on Korriban who asks you to carry out purity tests takes his work seriously but he can't really say for sure if anything will come of it. His ideals are a relic of an age long past. The real movers of the Sith Empire no longer care what your heritage is as long as you follow the Dark Side.

The Purebloods still think they're above humans, but as time passes they grow fewer and fewer. The guy on Korriban who asks you to carry out purity tests takes his work seriously but he can't really say for sure if anything will come of it. His ideals are a relic of an age long past. The real movers of the Sith Empire no longer care what your heritage is as long as you follow the Dark Side.

Basically this, I think. Having red skin proves you are a member of one of the ancient noble lines of the Empire and may be able to trace your ancestry all the way back to the original founding of the Sith Order, but fewer and fewer people actually care about that. The old-established nobles may continue to see themselves as above the mere humans, but their actual influence is fading.

Edited by Joachimthbear

Basically this, I think. Having red skin proves you are a member of one of the ancient noble lines of the Empire and may be able to trace your ancestry all the way back to the original founding of the Sith Order, but fewer and fewer people actually care about that. The old-established nobles may continue to see themselves as above the mere humans, but their actual influence is fading.

I thought the anti-alien sentiment was still commonplace, and that only Sith (order) aliens were rewarded some level of respect (only because Humans/Sith were dying from battle). Jadus was a good example as was Malgus but Malgus was beaten. Is this not still common? And more importantly, do Humans believe themselves inferior to Purebloods? For example, if a Sith told a Human Sith Lord he was inferior would the Human accept that?

Edited by Jedimasterdrall

I thought the anti-alien sentiment was still commonplace, and that only Sith (order) aliens were rewarded some level of respect (only because Humans/Sith were dying from battle).

That's correct, as far as I know. Once, aliens and slave-caste humans weren't even allowed to join the Sith order. The rule was changed (to requiring everyone with any Force potential to go to the academy, regardless of caste) because the Sith needed to shore up their numbers after the last war. Traditionalists opposed this change, but they got overruled, so even at that point they were far from being in real control of the Empire. And as more ex-slave Sith started appearing, the voices of the traditionalists were increasingly drowned out. By the time Malgus is defeated there aren't enough radically anti-alien Sith left to stop the rules being changed again, to allow aliens in the military, though prejudice remains a factor.

If what you're wondering is why Sith purebloods aren't considered aliens under this system, it's partly because they're basically humans with a few Sith species traits spliced in using dark side alchemy (in other words, generally classified as human rather than non-human or near-human), and partly because the things a crazy bigoted Empire does will not always make sense. :)

Jadus was a good example as was Malgus but Malgus was beaten.

Malgus lost the war but he effectively won that part of his argument. Not that that would be much comfort to him. ;) By the time that crisis and the disaster on Corellia were taken into account, the Empire had no choice but to improve opportunities for aliens. They were literally running out of warm bodies to fight their war.

And more importantly, do Humans believe themselves inferior to Purebloods? For example, if a Sith told a Human Sith Lord he was inferior would the Human accept that?

Some humans probably do believe this, but they are unlikely to make it far as Sith. Power ultimately dictates the Sith hierarchy and a pureblood who wants to force a human to defer to him or her had better be able to back that claim up if challenged. Defer just because of your or another Sith's species, and you show weakness which another up-and-comer will be all too happy to exploit.

Edited by Joachimthbear

Lots of information

Great, thanks. It really does seem like the Pureblood influence is dying out, especially since Humans hold most of the dominant positions in the Empire. The purity quest NPC stated he was sent by the Dark Council, so he wasn't acting on his own (or at least he wasn't being honest about it) so there appears to be at least some concern about purity. Darth Ikoral definitely was a Pureblood supremacist, but he died. :p

Edited by Jedimasterdrall

The problem with the Dark Council is that its members change often, so that "old believer" could lose his place and life not long after this.

It is especially amusing if you play as an Inquisitor, and said Councillor turns to be Darth Thanaton...)

The problem with the Dark Council is that its members change often, so that "old believer" could lose his place and life not long after this.

It is especially amusing if you play as an Inquisitor, and said Councillor turns to be Darth Thanaton...)

It probably was Thanaton. He saw himself as a staunch traditionalist. Even the other council members kind of scoffed at his obsession. With his obsession with tradition I could see him being interested in the purity of those teaching at the academy.

It probably was Thanaton. He saw himself as a staunch traditionalist. Even the other council members kind of scoffed at his obsession. With his obsession with tradition I could see him being interested in the purity of those teaching at the academy.

Which is especially interesting because Thanaton himself was recruited from the slave caste. His being elevated to the Dark Council would have been unthinkable to the traditionalists who came before him.

Which is especially interesting because Thanaton himself was recruited from the slave caste. His being elevated to the Dark Council would have been unthinkable to the traditionalists who came before him.

It's nothing special - humans do this all the time. One of the best ways to prove (to yourself, maybe even more than others) that you're not "those people" is to be the one that screams the loudest about "those people". Being unreasonably vocal against gays is often a sign you're hiding your own tendencies in that direction, for example. The politicians loudest against corruption sometimes get caught for corruption, same as priests preaching against vices sometimes get caught practicing those vices.

Thanaton uses strict interpretations of tradition to make himself seem like an old-time noble instead of the slave scum he started as.

Edited by Spetulhu