Swtor players in FP HM's

Another fun fact is if you use DCDs things won't hit like a truck. ;)

Fun fact #1: Lost Island currently hardest FP in a game.

Fun fact #2: Cleanses have CD.

Fun fact #3: DCD have a CD too (what an unexpected turn, isn't it?). Combine it with several Jumping phases.

Well yes, but people have cleared HM ops in 198 gear without bolster, how is it hard to imagine you can clear LI HM in 192 gear with bolster ?

Fun fact #2: Cleanses have CD.[/Quote]

That's true, but cleansing at least on DoT make it easier to heal.

Fun fact #3: DCD have a CD too (what an unexpected turn, isn't it?). Combine it with several Jumping phases.

That's also true, but combined with cleansing, the use of DCD can make the healer's job easier.

I assume you were traumatized by LI back in the days and refuse to consider the possibility that normal people can clear it, but I assure you it's doable. Not everybody would have the skills to do it, I agree with you on that point, but people who know how to play their class could definately do it.

I'm almost willing to go buy 190 Ziost gear to prove you wrong, even if's lower gear than what I had, but my time and ressource are too valuable to be wasted for someone like you.

Fun fact #2: Cleanses have CD.

I believe the Mandalorian couple on blood hunt or anything in blood hunt, is harder than HM LI. I only completed it 3 times since 4.0, 1 being a guild run, 2 being a pug, and have yet to finish blood hunt with 3 attempted guild runs, same group of people for all the guild runs.

Also the DOT during the 3rd boss fight, the one with the savrip, you CANNOT cleanse "Rak Rot." The ONLY way to get rid of it is hoping you got a ranged DPS who is far enough away from the group to not pass it onto anyone else in within 10 meter radius.

the real problem is the huge gulf in difficulty between HM FPs; if they were all as easy as black talon/mando raiders/boarding party/etc, it'd be no problem for people to queue up in whatevergear.

Instead, some are dead easy, a handful are moderately difficult, and a handful are tougher than most operations (lost island, blood hunt, last boss of rishi.)

If they were all similar difficulty, bad/new players would get the hint and just do tacticals if they couldn't hack it in HMs. But since some HMs are basically no more difficult than tacticals, these folks keep jumping into the queue.

the real problem is the huge gulf in difficulty between HM FPs; if they were all as easy as black talon/mando raiders/boarding party/etc, it'd be no problem for people to queue up in whatevergear.

Instead, some are dead easy, a handful are moderately difficult, and a handful are tougher than most operations (lost island, blood hunt, last boss of rishi.)

If they were all similar difficulty, bad/new players would get the hint and just do tacticals if they couldn't hack it in HMs. But since some HMs are basically no more difficult than tacticals, these folks keep jumping into the queue.

I remember in 1.0 when LI had a different daily filter in group finder. It also dropped significantly better loot than the rest. That would also work well here.

Until something happens, I've stopped doing Flahspoints entirely through GF.

I loved healing HM flashpoints before 4.0 and I am doing PUG only since I never was in a guild.

After 4.0 some HM FPs are just so freaking overtuned that I stoped puging for the daily reward.

Last Boss on Tython Assault HM:

Just a nightmare for healers and almost impossible to heal since 4.0.

The healing required in this fight is just insane...I was able to heal a random group through this 2 times since 4.0 and it was just no fun...I dont want to do this ever again.

Bloodhunt HM:

Never was able to get past the 1st Boss since 4.0, while before 4.0 I healed this FP quite often.

It is much harder than it was before and kinda impossible to do with PUG.

Korriban Incursion:

2nd Boss here (that droid) kills many PUGs.

It's a pure dps and movement check and many PUGs dont have the dps required.

I feel like this boss actually is overtuned and I'm no longer doing this HM FP with random groups because 4 out of 5 groups don't have the dps required to beat it.

Lost Island HM:

It is just a pure dps check with tight enrages on almost every boss.

I still like healing LI HM, it is not overtuned at all, u just need to to know the mechanics and have the dps to beat enrage timers. Many Pugs just don't have these dps and don't know the boss mechanics.

Battle of Rishi:

Also very doable and still easy to heal, u just need ppl that really move out of stupid and don't ignore boss mechanics.

The rest of the HM FPs is kinda like a walk in the park and I like doing all of them but u know, groupfinder always puts u in Bloodhunt, Tython Assault or Korriban Incursion and I am just tired of wasting my time in these overtuned HM FP's. I am tired of getting into a random group and then seeing ppl instantly leave cause it is Lost Island HM.

HM FPs really lost a lot of their attraction, not only since some HM FPs are super easy while others are hard like a nightmare. It's also that stupid bolster system making it even harder, since now u have more underpowered players in queue than ever before.

Story Mode Operations are so much more easier to do, give better rewards and often take less time than a HM FP.

I wish u could at least uncheck 3 HM FPs out of that list and still get the daily reward...that would make things much easier and would bring back more fun in doing random HM FPs.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

I loved healing HM flashpoints before 4.0 and I am doing PUG only since I never was in a guild.

After 4.0 some HM FPs are just so freaking overtuned that I stoped puging for the daily reward.

The healing required in this fight is just insane...I was able to heal a random group through this 2 times since 4.0 and it was just no fun...I dont want to do this ever again.

Bloodhunt HM:

Never was able to get past the 1st Boss since 4.0, while before 4.0 I healed this FP quite often.

It is much harder than it was before and kinda impossible to do with PUG.

Korriban Incursion:

2nd Boss here (that droid) kills many PUGs.

It's a pure dps and movement check and many PUGs dont have the dps required.

I feel like this boss actually is overtuned and I'm no longer doing this HM FP with random groups because 4 out of 5 groups don't have the dps required to beat it.

Lost Island HM:

It is just a pure dps check with tight enrages on almost every boss.

I still like healing LI HM, it is not overtuned at all, u just need to to know the mechanics and have the dps to beat enrage timers. Many Pugs just don't have these dps and don't know the boss mechanics.

Battle of Rishi:

Also very doable and still easy to heal, u just need ppl that really move out of stupid and don't ignore boss mechanics.

The rest of the HM FPs is kinda like a walk in the park and I like doing all of them but u know, groupfinder always puts u in Bloodhunt, Tython Assault or Korriban Incursion and I am just tired of wasting my time in these overtuned HM FP's. I am tired of getting into a random group and then seeing ppl instantly leave cause it is Lost Island HM.

HM FPs really lost a lot of their attraction, not only since some HM FPs are super easy while others are hard like a nightmare. It's also that stupid bolster system making it even harder, since now u have more underpowered players in queue than ever before.

Story Mode Operations are so much more easier to do, give better rewards and often take less time than a HM FP.

I wish u could at least uncheck 3 HM FPs out of that list and still get the daily reward...that would make things much easier and would bring back more fun in doing random HM FPs.

While I don't totally concur with your list (I find Korriban pretty easy), and that could be because I've only done a few of each since 4.0, I agree that some fights are orders of magnitude more difficult than others.

Sadly, I don't see them bothering to go back and actually polish the old instances such that the fights all have similar damage to heal, coordination checks, and enrage timers to beat.

Couple that with the crappy bolster that doesn't really bring up a lower level player in leveling gear to the power level of a basic geared 65, add in the terrible rewards (mostly blue crystals, some 208 items and a random 216 or two), and it is no wonder that the queue times for HMs are so long.

Since we aren't getting new content any time soon, they really need to clean up the outliers and balance the difficulty between the instances, improve the bolsters for lower levels, and improve the rewards (both in what drops as well as put more stuff like decos and mounts and pets and toys for sale for crystals).

Otherwise this content may as well not exist for many players, and the less content players perceive as open to them in the game, the less value they place on maintaining a subscription.

You're complaining some boss are dps check, but for some reason it's ok for LI to have a lot of them. I'm ok with dps check, it means you have to know what you're doing as a dps. Heal checks are also fine since it's just the same thing as dps checks just for healer. Those are HM FP, it's meant to be hard anyway.

I've talked about it in an other threat, but proving grounds would be a really great thing to stop the wipe fest some people encounter.

You're complaining some boss are dps check, but for some reason it's ok for LI to have a lot of them. I'm ok with dps check, it means you have to know what you're doing as a dps. Heal checks are also fine since it's just the same thing as dps checks just for healer. Those are HM FP, it's meant to be hard anyway.

I've talked about it in an other threat, but proving grounds would be a really great thing to stop the wipe fest some people encounter.

Oh it will, but can you only imagine the griping that will happen when our dear sniper friends fail to meet the DPS checks in challenges and will look jealously at my Anni Mara in my 208 PVP gear who will clear it laughing my shebs off, and start calling for nerfs to me, and buffs to them?

Oh it will, but can you only imagine the griping that will happen when our dear sniper friends fail to meet the DPS checks in challenges and will look jealously at my Anni Mara in my 208 PVP gear who will clear it laughing my shebs off, and start calling for nerfs to me, and buffs to them?

Except for those proving grounds to be worth anything, gear should be irrelevant and you should have fixed stat. I think it's done like that in other games so you can't cheese it by overgearing your way through.

I personally don't mind this. I hate the mentality of thinking everyone should already know how to beat every boss, and if they don't they should watch a video before hand. Just boring and pointless. If someone is new to the flash point, explain it to them patiently. Mmos get a bad name because a lot of people can't seem to do this. If they can't, then don't do flash points with random people. I think these people are the problem, not the newcomers.

I personally don't mind this. I hate the mentality of thinking everyone should already know how to beat every boss, and if they don't they should watch a video before hand. Just boring and pointless. If someone is new to the flash point, explain it to them patiently. Mmos get a bad name because a lot of people can't seem to do this. If they can't, then don't do flash points with random people. I think these people are the problem, not the newcomers.

They are not, but a big problem I often see with newcomes is that they don't say they don't know, even if you ask. So you end up wiping once or more because someone in the group in not following mechanics. I don't mind explaining tactics to someone who asks before hand, but people staying quiet and after one or two wipe saying it's their 1st time irritates me.

The healing required in this fight is just insane...

It's not. 90% of healing required depends on your group. If people stand in AOE, tank doesn't taunt back asap after push and (my favourite part) everyone runs like f chicken placing circles on other people, the amount is insane indeed, but it has nothing to do with fight difficulty, DPS who use defensives if dropping low while healer is focused on tank or just sucks are rare like gems aswell.

Same about BH HM. I remember we managed to do it in 3.0 prenerf with 3 guardians and sage healer in comms dps gear. And i've seen quite a few "furballs" enraging at 50% even after nerf.

Actually tried it twice in 4.0

1st try: me - 4.9 dps, not even close, the other dps being asked about dps silently left :/

2nd try: me - frantically healing through all aoe's and electronets. boss enrages at 70%

Guildies are all about raiding and 224 rating loot so no chance to get them in and try to do it. /sigh

Edited by Lesheren

Im really. REALLY want to see some videos of Lost Island walkthrough. HM or Tactical it doesn't matter.

BUT!!!!!!!

Not with GUILD run. Not with VOICE programm.

PUG ONLY.

Becouse it becomes obvious that players who made videos like "Oh look we did it! it was SO easy!" was having those advantages.

I want to see video of successful PUG experience. Not prepared group.

GO GO HARDCORE :D;)

U wot m8

U do it

I agree. But its a bit frustrating when no one else in the group knows to use Interrupts or basic class mechanics like "mind maze" for shadows.

I like the Proving Grounds idea.

Which compels a logical (IMHO, anyway) follow-on:

Is it time for a SWTOR-flavoured version of...

[insert horror-movie soundtrack here]

Attunement?

Yes, I went there. Deal with it.

I think it is, but just not rehashing the utterly unholy grind/RNG of past MMOs, but build it around a tiered series of "role-challenges," each tier rewarding things relevant to prepare you for the next tier in your chosen role. This should start at level 15, and go all throughout the levelling game to cap.

No need for rep-grind should go without saying, as the rewards for that are purely cosmetic/vanity in this game.

Reward for completion:

A full set of good starter gear (non-set, but good enhancements and mods, with augment slots already built-in), and 2/6 "generic" set tokens --IE, you can buy whatever you want with them, not just one specific piece for each), including relics.

It's something to think about, innit.

Im really. REALLY want to see some videos of Lost Island walkthrough. HM or Tactical it doesn't matter.

BUT!!!!!!!

PUG ONLY.

Becouse it becomes obvious that players who made videos like "Oh look we did it! it was SO easy!" was having those advantages.

How about you download the FREE voice software and join in? Sorry. No sympathy here. You want to do something technical but you don't want to communicate and you don't know the technicalities? Forget it. The problem is you.

BUT!!!!!!!

PUG ONLY.

Please, you're trolling, right? Nicely done, if so -- 7/10.

Even [HARD] Lost island is easy now, if you're decently geared --no, not full set-bonus optimised/Aug'ed raid 220s, any level 55+ comms-gear will do just fine, as long as you're not stacking Absorb on a Merc!-- even halfway-competent at both your individual class/spec, and your chosen group role, and you know how to prioritise kills on trash (Hint: Those big green-beam Commando-like guys? Kill them. ASAP. They're healers foer the other mobs in those packs). You must also have some idea of how the mechanics work, on which there are volumes and volumes of information out there.

I've only ever PuGged this since my first time in late 1.XX, when it was actually, flippin' HARD --with some wipes and repair-bills to show for it, but I got through it eventually. Again, with PuGs. No voice-comms, no raid-gear ('cuz I'm pretty sure I'd still have at least the shells if I'd had it then), no guild/s for any of my main (Harbinger) Legacy characters, ever.

Jesus Christ, man....:eek: