The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rakata Prime

TheRedeemerFour

yeah here it is

http://imgur.com/fOwys9K

also there is a mobile game which is considered canon and its called starwars galaxy of heroes

hk47 is in it making him canon!!!

http://imgur.com/cVqSZx8

the fan choice poll where revan won over movie and rebels characters

so we got a revan figure being made

this is what it will look like

http://www.outerplaces.com/images/user_upload/revan%20hasbro.JPG

i hope it does mean this stuff is getting made into canon.... if in the new starwars trilogy if they end up on rakata prime all it would take is a statue of revan in the background xD

:D

Edited by DarthMetalJoey

it is basically canonized now, everything that has to do with revan is canon now- tor inclusive

Maybe not everything. Revan is now a canon character and Rakata Prime is now a canon planet but that doesn't mean the entire of TOR is canon. Revan may be a complete different character from the Revan we know and Rakata Prime may have nothing to do with him. Just saying, this is like saying because there is a canon Darth Bane there is a canon duel on Ambria.

Maybe not everything. Revan is now a canon character and Rakata Prime is now a canon planet but that doesn't mean the entire of TOR is canon. Revan may be a complete different character from the Revan we know and Rakata Prime may have nothing to do with him. Just saying, this is like saying because there is a canon Darth Bane there is a canon duel on Ambria.

yea like disney will rewrite everything. you shouldnt forget that ea got the brothel right here and one of their developers is responsible for kotor and tor so nothing will get rewritten

I doubt they would rewrite things about the Old Republic era so I'd have to agree that most, if not all, of TOR is now canon again.

Write new stories about it? Sure.

Everyone loved KOTOR 1 + 2 and they are wanting a 3rd. TOR still has momentum going and it's improved a lot since the beginning so surely the game will keep going strong for a few more years - longer than that hopefully. There is a possibility that they might rewrite some smaller things in some areas but I think they will leave the big picture completely intact. I see no reason why they should tear it all down and rewrite the well-known characters and planets, etc. back up again. They are perfectly fine how they are.

it is basically canonized now, everything that has to do with revan is canon now- tor inclusive

Really? A few things. First according to the new Canon rules, the last I checked, toys are not considered something that makes Canon. Second yes Rakata Prime is now on the map so the planet itself is Canon but we do not know in what context.

They made it quite clear that their knew writers would be able to in essence raid the old stuff for ideas so we might see some EU stuff return. Example, I would not doubt they cash in on having Revan featured somehow BUT he could feature in a very different way. Example the new author could simply have him be a proto-Vader, a historical Jedi who went to the dark side BUT never came back to the light. The Rakata could simply be written in as one of the first Ancient Empires from tens of even hundreds of thousands of years ago, or even a modern race just discovered as their planet is in the "unknown regions."

I know a lot of people, myself included, were upset to favorite bits of the EU being made "non-canon" by fiat but assuming these names are now Canon in anything resembling the forms we knew them in is, I think, premature.

Really? A few things. First according to the new Canon rules, the last I checked, toys are not considered something that makes Canon. Second yes Rakata Prime is now on the map so the planet itself is Canon but we do not know in what context.

They made it quite clear that their knew writers would be able to in essence raid the old stuff for ideas so we might see some EU stuff return. Example, I would not doubt they cash in on having Revan featured somehow BUT he could feature in a very different way. Example the new author could simply have him be a proto-Vader, a historical Jedi who went to the dark side BUT never came back to the light. The Rakata could simply be written in as one of the first Ancient Empires from tens of even hundreds of thousands of years ago, or even a modern race just discovered as their planet is in the "unknown regions."

I know a lot of people, myself included, were upset to favorite bits of the EU being made "non-canon" by fiat but assuming these names are now Canon in anything resembling the forms we knew them in is, I think, premature.

yea they would take some ideas from the garbage eu aka clone emperor and vuzhang noodle wars but they will never ever rewrite anything major from the best part(for me) in the eu, the old republic stuff.

seeing hk being canonized its obvious that they are planning on canonizing almost everything that happened in kotor 1+2 aswell as some **** that wen down in the mmo.

i think that snoke is a rakata and he has something to do with what happened in the old republic era, hence why it is all slowly sneaking into the canon now

yea they would take some ideas from the garbage eu aka clone emperor and vuzhang noodle wars but they will never ever rewrite anything major from the best part(for me) in the eu, the old republic stuff.

seeing hk being canonized its obvious that they are planning on canonizing almost everything that happened in kotor 1+2 aswell as some **** that wen down in the mmo.

i think that snoke is a rakata and he has something to do with what happened in the old republic era, hence why it is all slowly sneaking into the canon now

Why so I guess you work at Disney ?why is your favorite part of the old EU the only one that won't be rewritten.I love the legacy Era and I believe its one of the nest parts of the old EU does that mean it will stay.No get real man their rewriting most of it and when you accept that the better everything will be.

Why so I guess you work at Disney ?why is your favorite part of the old EU the only one that won't be rewritten.I love the legacy Era and I believe its one of the nest parts of the old EU does that mean it will stay.No get real man their rewriting most of it and when you accept that the better everything will be.

what are you even saying

I'll make it simple for you Most of the TOR era stuff will not be Canon and what will be canon is going to be rewritten.That's it and that's all.Have a happy holiday.

how do you know bro or better yet, why must i automatically work at disney to assume it is while your highness simply states that it wont and thats the end of the story?

star wars fan logic in a nutshell again

Edited by Morschxxx

how do you know bro or better yet, why must i automatically work at disney to assume it is while your highness simply states that it wont and thats the end of the story?

star wars fan logic in a nutshell again

Your using the same logic Bro.Also they already stated its not Canon.It doesn't take a Rocket scientist to know what that means their going to rewrite it.Revan could end up being a Clone trooper or some old Drunk living on a Backwater world in the outer rim for all we now.Until they say otherwise he will never be canon.

Your using the same logic Bro.Also they already stated its not Canon.It doesn't take a Rocket scientist to know what that means their going to rewrite it.Revan could end up being a Clone trooper or some old Drunk living on a Backwater world in the outer rim for all we now.Until they say otherwise he will never be canon.

too dense for me these star wars fans

Sooooooo what does that make you?You play a star wars game,Paying to post on a star wars game forums and posting in a Star wars discussion thread with basically no knowledge of Star wars past the Kotor game it would seem.So who really is the Dense one here?

If that's to hard for you to understand its you.:D

If you had any idea of how canon works you wouldn't have said that.

Basically just because Revan may be canon does not mean TOR is canon, as using that logic I could then say that because of this Marka Ragnos is canon as it was his Sith Empire. Following this I could say that because Marka Ragnos is canon so is Jaden Kor, and because he is canon so is Kyle Katarn and then because he is canon so is the NJO and because that is canon so are the Vong. Seriously, if you follow the logic you were using everything in the Legends universe is now canon.

How so? Darth Bane is part of canon, that doesn't mean that Path of Destruction or Jedi vs Sith are canon. Dathomir is part of canon, that doesn't mean Courtship of Princess Leia is canon.

no wonder theres so much confusion.

so obviously revan walked on tatooine but that doesnt mean he's canon-- where rakata prime on the other hand..

is lehon known for anything else except fisheye homeworld(not sure) and the events in kotor 1?

because if not then revan canon confirmed

rekt by logic

also there is a mobile game which is considered canon and its called starwars galaxy of heroes

hk47 is in it making him canon!!!

http://imgur.com/cVqSZx8

Afraid not: Pablo Hidalgo on the topic (Hidalgo is part of the Story Group that now is in charge of Canon).

---------

@CurtWedin: "@pablohidalgo Just got Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on my Android, and I noticed HK-47 is in it! Does that mean he's canon now?"

@pablohidlago: "@CurtWedin I wouldn't assume so. Galaxy of Heroes is very meta / sandbox / do what ya want kind of game. And more fun for it."

@CurtWedin: "@pablohidalgo makes sense. Thanks for the quick response!"

Edited by DarthDymond

So basically because you like it they must like it? If you want to say that cool but let's be honest... Disney doesn't care about the diehard fan as much as they care about the "casual" Sci-fi fans who have made the Avengers, LotR etc huge. They will make it so it is understandable to them so they will change stuff.

Remember most everything is going to be fed, circling JJs world. Look at what he did to Star Trek....and how it pissed off the Star Trek version of you? Good luck with your wishful thinking.

no wonder theres so much confusion.

so obviously revan walked on tatooine but that doesnt mean he's canon-- where rakata prime on the other hand..

is lehon known for anything else except fisheye homeworld(not sure) and the events in kotor 1?

because if not then revan canon confirmed

rekt by logic

What you just posted is not logic it is wishful thinking. Logic would be... Rakata Prime is the name of a planet... Stop right there. Why? Because as was noted Characters like Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis are Canon but Disney specifically stated the books that first mentioned them are NOT Canon.

Plagueis, as an example, is only Canon because Sidious mentioned his name in the prequel movies. Without that mention he would no longer exist. What race he was, whether he was actually Sidious' master etc are things that are up in the air. To assume anything else is illogical. Logic requires facts you are using assumptions because for some twisted reason the stuff you like can't just be stuff you like it has to be Canon.

What you just posted is not logic it is wishful thinking. Logic would be... Rakata Prime is the name of a planet... Stop right there. Why? Because as was noted Characters like Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis are Canon but Disney specifically stated the books that first mentioned them are NOT Canon.

Plagueis, as an example, is only Canon because Sidious mentioned his name in the prequel movies. Without that mention he would no longer exist. What race he was, whether he was actually Sidious' master etc are things that are up in the air. To assume anything else is illogical. Logic requires facts you are using assumptions because for some twisted reason the stuff you like can't just be stuff you like it has to be Canon.

"The Rakata were created for the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Before that, there were references to (unnamed) aliens who, according to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, gave the Hyperspace technology to Humans."

rakata being a bioware invention, and rakata prime being on the new galaxy map making the planet and the stupid race canon.

its quite obvious that they took it because they just simply freaking like it i dont see why the reasons for that would be twisted, its not like i am about to abuse children-- i simply say that the story is official now

Edited by Morschxxx