Please reduce the required number of pvp matches to get certain companions in KotFE

Lunafox

Except for the fact that there never any reason that a PvE companion came as "reward" from PvP it never should have happened in the first place.
its basically a companion skin. and pvpers do pve too.

just because you dont like pvp, it doesnt mean that pvpers dont deserve content too.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its basically a companion skin. and pvpers do pve too.

just because you dont like pvp, it doesnt mean that pvpers dont deserve content too.

No but keep it separate from PvE companions, you could have a brand new PvP exclusive companion for all I care as long as it does not fall within alliances.

But really is there any harm to drastically reduce the matches needed, its less frustrating for PvE players and we get out of the hair of the true PvP'ers faster (unless its only fun for PvP if you have people on the opposite team not fighting back).

No but keep it separate from PvE companions, you could have a brand new PvP exclusive companion for all I care as long as it does not fall within alliances.

But really is there any harm to drastically reduce the matches needed, its less frustrating for PvE players and we get out of the hair of the true PvP'ers faster (unless its only fun for PvP if you have people on the opposite team not fighting back).

and again, asking to reduce the pierce requirements is no different than asking to reduce the qyzen requirements.

and again, asking to reduce the pierce requirements is no different than asking to reduce the qyzen requirements.

Except for the fact that the requirements are completely disproportionate, when you have a group or a WB guild run that goes quick, 20 creatures I have read can take less than 2 hours but 20 matches will take much much longer than that.

Except for the fact that the requirements are completely disproportionate, when you have a group or a WB guild run that goes quick, 20 creatures I have read can take less than 2 hours but 20 matches will take much much longer than that.

I solo hunted the 20 creatures on Hoth in 90 minutes. How long is it going to take to sit through 20 PvP matches?

Only thing pvpers really got this expansion was that pvp comp, and everyone wants to take it away coz they find it hard to get.

Suck it up or just don't get it.

Or, there's always Option 3. Do the required PVP, get carried (and learn nothing because you care little for said content), and contentedly ignore the cries of those genuinely interested in said content that a carebear is ruining their fun (and justifiably so). See? Everyone loses. That's what makes games fun - shoehorning content.

Or, there's always Option 3. Do the required PVP, get carried (and learn nothing because you care little for said content), and contentedly ignore the cries of those genuinely interested in said content that a carebear is ruining their fun (and justifiably so). See? Everyone loses. That's what makes games fun - shoehorning content.
i'll say it again

i've never done an unranked wz where there aren't numerous non-contributors. this quest doesn't change that.

I don't mind pvp, I just choose not to do it I swtor. That said 10 or 20 matches does seem a bit tedious, especially since I don't get the chance to pick this quest up until I am lvl 65 and I have gear that Is past your magical bolster scheme.

So now to compete and not make a total fool of myself I have to go and buy a full set of 190 gear modification to slam into an orange shell and spend credits on an earpiece/implants/relics so I can have 1936 expertise, the highest amount of expertise I can have without owning pvp gearThen I have to drudge through 10 of 20 games of pvp that I really didn't want to be in a single one of to begin with.

It is tiresome.

Nerf the power by 50% and I think people will be happy, not one single person has ever said: Hey, wouldn't it be cool is it was 15-30 games? Come to think of it, I am not sure anyone has ever even said 10-20 was okay - the only people who would think that would be pvp'ers, and they were going to pvp anyway.

Bioware if forcing people to play a game-mode they don't want to do, which is tasteless and risky. Will they force us to play Galactic Starfighter next?

Edited by PulseRazor

Best option is to add a Legacy bypass once the following conditions have been fulfiled:

-Pierce has been recruited via the usual 20 WZs matches

-Pierce has been recruited by a SW

-M1-4X was recruited through 20 WZs

-M1-4X was recruited by a Trooper.

That way, it's still rather demanding but not hair-pullingly so.

20 WZs matches per character except Warriors and Trooper when the game is extremely alt-friendly is not adequate.

Or, adopt OP's idea: 5 WZs, win or loose, for each character.

Because right now, except for Lokin who's time-locked to an event and the PvP companion, every single companion takes anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour and a half (Seriously, now the rush to Hoth has calmed, Qyzen took me about an hour to acquire instead of three days.). So we end up with a situation that just isn't worth the time investment (I wrote down the total time spent in Warzones alone, I came up with somewhere around 3 hours. Not counting the queus and failed warzones where I got kicked out of for not having the skillz to play)

Edited by Leklor

asking to do less pvp to get pierce is no different than someone on here saying they hate world bosses and want the number reduced or changed for qyzen.i dont think i've ever been in an unranked wz without people that dont contribute or are very poorly geared.

i dont see how this changes anything for wz players.

It may not actually change anything, but if you don't think other PvPers think it does, you clearly do not read the PvP forums.

I would think the metrics on this would be pretty easy for BW/EA to see and compare. How many folks have Pierce/M1-4X compared to Qyzen or Dr. Loking. (I'm assuming they compare level 65's that have completed Chapter IX, then removing /sith warriors/troopers from Pierce/M1-4X count. Same for Qyzen (jedi consular) and Loking (imperial agent.) Would give a rough estimate of who is finishing it, and they know the approximate number of pvp'ers to take into account.

I would think the metrics on this would be pretty easy for BW/EA to see and compare. How many folks have Pierce/M1-4X compared to Qyzen or Dr. Loking. (I'm assuming they compare level 65's that have completed Chapter IX, then removing /sith warriors/troopers from Pierce/M1-4X count. Same for Qyzen (jedi consular) and Loking (imperial agent.) Would give a rough estimate of who is finishing it, and they know the approximate number of pvp'ers to take into account.

I think one of the most important variable to add to your list is whether they did it again on multiple character or not.

Some who dislike PvP, like me, clenched their teeth, put loud music on their headset, cut the sound IG and ran around trying to whack other people to death, never accomplishing anything, the required number of time.

But will these same people ever do it again on another character? Will they ever PvP at all once the quest is over?

Because if they don't PvP again, that means the quest has failed. It's meant as an incentive to introduce player to PvP and keep doing it afterward. If players do it then never return to PvP, something has failed on the way (My guess being that there are just too many WZs, leading to anger and boredom before the quest ends)

How about changing it to completing the weekly? Then you have to sit trough 8-15 matches depending on how many matches you win. (winning might require you to contribute, though).

Doing the weekly will take 2-3 hours and also very likely complete your conquest goal for this week.

Edited by Mubrak

Just do 1wz a day for 20 days. That's only ~15 mins of gameplay each day and literally the worst thing that will happen is your ego may get hurt a little bit. Hell you might even find out that it's not so bad.

As pointed out before, the issue is that we end up with a companion requiring 30 minutes of work to acquire and another requiring 20 days. The difference is ridiculous.

i'll say it again

i've never done an unranked wz where there aren't numerous non-contributors. this quest doesn't change that.

And it may not, and YOUR experience is certainly anecdotal. That doesn't change the fact, however, that you potentially ruin an experience (PVP) by forcefully including separate content (story) into it. I would be arguing the exact same thing if PVP rewards were/are locked behind PVE raiding/group content. They tried the same thing in WoW (legendary cloak quest and PVP content) and it really did ruin more than the occasional battleground with folks who didn't want to be there, and more importantly, for those that did. Content should stand up on its own merits.

I did this on my first toon while watching tv I sent them in to warzone put them some were safe and watched my tv show but It was boring and annoying doing so many of them should be reduced I get there wanting to expose player that don't use it but 20 is to much 10 would be sufficient I think.

As pointed out before, the issue is that we end up with a companion requiring 30 minutes of work to acquire and another requiring 20 days. The difference is ridiculous.

Over lots of alts too. Alliances is not really alt freindly but 20 PvP matches seems the worst case of it being not alt friendly.

And it may not, and YOUR experience is certainly anecdotal. That doesn't change the fact, however, that you potentially ruin an experience (PVP) by forcefully including separate content (story) into it. I would be arguing the exact same thing if PVP rewards were/are locked behind PVE raiding/group content. They tried the same thing in WoW (legendary cloak quest and PVP content) and it really did ruin more than the occasional battleground with folks who didn't want to be there, and more importantly, for those that did. Content should stand up on its own merits.
nothing is being forced at all. it's optional.

if you dont want the pierce companion skin, then dont do the warzones.

all i do these days are warzones. i really don't care if pve'ers are in there not contributing. it's always been that way. it always will be. plus it works both ways to it all balances.