What do you do when nobody uses the Auction House?

Amnolith

i use the auction house just fine

first remember the game is now as of today 5 days since full launch so there is nothing in AH because no one has anything yet to really spare/spend as a rule <40 k at 25th level is a lot for that level then higher levels are worse since many higher levels raced to max and avoided slow downs like crafting>

the AH doesn't have to be like every other one to work you just have to learn a new one is all.. though i would like to see a name choice that is perhaps possible to shift choose from inventory or crafting it really isn't that necessary as a rule

The AH is terrible, tedious. You cant just search for an item, you have to narrow it down a bit. It is like they could not get their queries optimized so they needed you to narrow it down.

Also as of today the game has been out for 8 days.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i use the auction house just fine

first remember the game is now as of today 5 days since full launch so there is nothing in AH because no one has anything yet to really spare/spend as a rule <40 k at 25th level is a lot for that level then higher levels are worse since many higher levels raced to max and avoided slow downs like crafting>

the AH doesn't have to be like every other one to work you just have to learn a new one is all.. though i would like to see a name choice that is perhaps possible to shift choose from inventory or crafting it really isn't that necessary as a rule

I wonder what would people say if in order to be able to sell an item they could not just drop it in the slot but would have to go through 2 drop downs to find the exact correct place to list the item and then having to hit another button before they can submit their auction and have the interface decide if they have put the item in the right place.

Is that a crafting material or a misc. item? is that crystal part of materials, parts, components, item, upgrades or is it part of.... you get the idea.

the current system is ridiculous on purpose. The global search was removed because of bad planning just like the search on these forums was removed because of bad planning/bad forum software

As many others have pointed out, the current AH is terrible and I would love to see an official post that it's being targeted for an overhaul.

I'm a bit surprised the game went live with such a terrible AH, but I do understand there's no way they would risk missing a pre-Christmas release because of something like the AH.

Now that the game has gone live and you've begun addressing economy issues (i.e. Slicing), it's time to put the AH interface on your short list.

A couple of suggestions:

Linked AH's (I didn't realize they weren't linked until reading this post)

Search by search term without filling out mandatory fields that you may not know.

I need Xonolite and there hasn t been any on the awful Auction House.

Maybe if the AH was improved and given a proper search tool then people may be inclined to use it. How long is it going to be until this is addressed? You want to retain players? Fix the awful Auction House

If there is virtually nothing on the AH because people dread using it then the economy does not work and thus the game does not work...what s the point of crafting if it is not possible to get materials?

Seriously, improve the Auction House...and not in 6 months as it will be too late by then.

The game just released. Move on. It's not that bad. I deal with it without complaining. What is your excuse? There are more important things to work about.

Edited by chrismgtis

The game just released. Move on. It's not that bad. I deal with it without complaining. What is your excuse? There are more important things to work about.

What?

I picked up crafting to be able to craft items. If I am unable to craft then why are there crafting professions that require you to use the Auction House when there is virtually nothing but gear on the AH? Put these materials on a vendor then but don t tell people to just "move on" when they can t play because of a really bad auction house interface

I cant help but ask.

At 7 days after the launch of the game, are you REALLY expecting the AH to be full of items?

I mean really?

The demands of this community are so unrealistic.

Good I am glad you asked, because after 9 pages you dont understand the problem. The problem is the terrible UI for the AH that makes people not want to use it.

The GTN is horrible I agree. You can't just search for a heavy armor pair of gloves or a helmet, you have to scroll through pages of other gear your not interested in. That really sucks.

The search function is just awful. To look for something based on what crafting skill it falls under is insane. There should just be a simple search that you can type in word and all items in the GTN would show up. Not just the things you narrowed down to one crafting group.

Please completely re haul the GTN!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Oh and this may or may not tie into the GTN but its pretty stupid to receive a piece of mail saying your item has been sold and you'll receive the money in X amount of time (based on when you read the mail).

Why this is bad?

Cause I got one of those emails and deleted it since no money was attached to it. I don't recall ever getting the money later. Another letter I got I decided to leave it in my mailbox. I checked it later and money was attached to it.

What I'm getting at is sometimes we like to keep our mail box empty and if there's a message in it that has no items or money, well after reading it, you delete it. If deleting it means losing the money coming later that's just screwed up.