What do you do when nobody uses the Auction House?

Amnolith

I need Xonolite and there hasn t been any on the awful Auction House.

Maybe if the AH was improved and given a proper search tool then people may be inclined to use it. How long is it going to be until this is addressed? You want to retain players? Fix the awful Auction House

If there is virtually nothing on the AH because people dread using it then the economy does not work and thus the game does not work...what s the point of crafting if it is not possible to get materials?

Seriously, improve the Auction House...and not in 6 months as it will be too late by then.

Edited by Amnolith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if the AH was improved and given a proper search tool then people may be inclined to use it. How long is it going to be until this is addressed? You want to retain players? Fix the awful Auction House

If there is virtually nothing on the AH because people dread using it then the economy does not work and thus the game does not work...what s the point of crafting if it is not possible to get materials?

Seriously, improve the Auction House...and not in 6 months as it will be too late by then.

This.

The current auction house interface... hell, the current interface in general is awful. All they had to do was copy and paste Rift's UI features into this game and call it a day. What they did with the UI is inexcusable and needs to be rectified sooner rather than later.

Edited by BadgeredMushroom

I have to agree and so do many from what I saw in chat. While I have sold items in the auction house. It baffles me that I cannot just search for the item and that the categories are so useless. It also doesnt help that when looking at vendor items when clicking on the tab "show usable" it still shows everything even though half the list is in red.

I love this game to death but I like the business side of things in a game and right now I can't run my business =(

LMAO works just dandy on my server, no improvements required.

What do I do when nobody uses the Auction House?

Well, I never use it in the first place. I dislike the idea of a global auction house. I much preferred FFXIV's way of doing things, where each one is only for the city.

Although in ToR so far, I haven't had any reason to use the AH. I can use my crew to get all my crafting mats.

I agree.

The AH is worthless. It's not streamlined enough. Too tedious to search/sell anything.

BW could easily fix this too so there isn't any excuse.

And I know most people feel this way in spite of the odd fanboy here and there who will stumble into the thread and say 'well i think its fine derrrrrr' - because not having the AH isn't hurting the game at the moment.

it will though as people need things they cant get so readily from the game itself (and thus require player to player transaction)

All they had to do was copy and paste Rift's UI features into this game and call it a day.

Yes, all they had to do was violate copyright lines and produce an exact copy of a design from another game. Great solution, lol.

Now, the GTN needs some work as far as the interface and the search options, no doubt, for the OP, why would you need crafting materials from the GTN? You should be able to get all of the crafting materials you need from crew missions and crew skills vendors.

I've pretty much given up on selling stuff on the GTN. It's such a huge hassle to try to price out the stuff I want to sell, since I can't just search by name. Having to complete like 5 different drop-down filters just to get to be able to finally search by name is stupid.

I also don't bother using it to buy stuff. The lack of a filter for gear slot makes it incredibly tedious. If I am looking for a new belt, why do I have to page through dozens of results for gloves, chests, helms, etc.?

I have been vendoring a lot of stuff and stockpiling some crafting mats and stuff in my cargo bay with the hope that they will fix the market in a patch....and soon. It needs some tweaking, for sure.

I know I suck, but I find that I often go through the hassle of selecting all the appropriate things from the drop-down menus......Only to hit "Reset" when I get to the bottom, rather than "Search". Drives me crazy. It's bad enough that I can't just search for the items I want to search for.....but the fact that I can't even have the convenience of being able to TAB through the fields just makes it even more annoying.

Edited by belialle

they need to get rid of the Auction Houses. People should sell stuff in the chat channel

The auction houses are to anti social.

Haha, good one. They should also remove the ability to type and install a voice chat program. And you must have a webcam to play.

This.

The current auction house interface... hell, the current interface in general is awful. All they had to do was copy and paste Rift's UI features into this game and call it a day. What they did with the UI is inexcusable and needs to be rectified sooner rather than later.

Quoted for Truth

Seriously, did anybody else drop their jaw when you realized you could completely customize the UI in Rift without the use of mods? Why isn't that the new industry standard?

Edited by CharagonIGN

Yes, all they had to do was violate copyright lines and produce an exact copy of a design from another game. Great solution, lol.

Now, the GTN needs some work as far as the interface and the search options, no doubt, for the OP, why would you need crafting materials from the GTN? You should be able to get all of the crafting materials you need from crew missions and crew skills vendors.

You can't copyright a design, you can only copyright the actual coding. I can't fathom why anyone would ever design an UI around multiple nested dropdown menus with no text or linked searches.