Think TOR is a WoW clone?

Knite_Gilnorn

Here's a bit of information for those that are under the impression that TOR is a WoW clone. WoW didn't even invent half of the systems it used. Instead it copied most from other games like EQ and DAoC. So if TOR is copy of anything it would be the MMO genre.

So really every time you say "It's just WoW in the Star Wars universe!" You're basically saying "It's a Star Wars MMO!" Which as far as I know is common knowledge so you're just coming off as stupid. But it's ok, some of us understand what your actually saying. But we already know it's a Star Wars game with features that other games in the same genre also have. You silly :confused:, your not :cool:.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

TL: DR: The OP thought he was clever by saying something that was said a few years ago only with less clarity, grammar, forethought, and cleverness.

Edited by Arkimor

Here's a bit of information for those that are under the impression that TOR is a WoW clone. WoW didn't even invent half of the systems it used. Instead it copied most from other games like EQ and DAoC. So if TOR is copy of anything it would be the MMO genre.

So really every time you say "It's just WoW in the Star Wars universe!" You're basically saying "It's a Star Wars MMO!" Which as far as I know is common knowledge so you're just coming off as stupid. But it's ok, some of us understand what your actually saying. But we already know it's a Star Wars game with features that other games in the same genre also have. You silly :confused:, your not :cool:.

Sept 2009 join date and you are just coming up with this. Just in case you didn't know, on the old boards there were countless threads on this and explaining where wow got their ideas.

Um, you missed the point of the post. I see people still saying this it's WoW so I'm trying too help them understand how it's logically no more a WoW clone than a DAoC clone.

You're so original and clever, op! Your great intellect knows no bounds and is far and above all of us! Please grace us with more knowledge that we may one day be able to emulate your great glory!

:rolleyes:

Um, you missed the point of the post. I see people still saying this it's WoW so I'm trying too help them understand how it's logically no more a WoW clone than a DAoC clone.

The game aesthestics & systems ARE clones of WoW.

Look at it this way, Steve Jobs didn't invent anything he just stole ideas from everyone else and repackaged them into overpriced commercially viable fashion accessories, yet everyone aspires to be like him...

WoW is the MMO equivalent of Mr Jobs

So yes, people can say whether or not a game is clone of WoW...