Best class for killing healers?

Dkrewe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a huge fan of the Bounty Hunter class or either Advanced Class. I know I am in the minority on this, I just don't find them fun at all. Just something with me personally.

So then..... what AC/spec would be 2nd place for healer killing after the BH ones?

An assassin.

So how are Lightning-specced Sorcs then?

Pretty meh have small burst cycles every 12 -8 ish secs where you Thundering blast into a lighting flash and chain lighting. Really can only expect to kill someone being healed with recklessness and polarity shift up it's somewhat mobile if speced for it but will deal less actual damage compared to madness due to rolling dots and spread. Sadly though Madness burst is actually very close if not better with recklessness up and polarity shift. It has way less passive sel healing compared to madness on the flip side it has better DR if you can keep the stacks up from the lv 64 talent although in all truth it hardly matters as sorcs don't want to avoid taking damage in general talent was more pve oriented. Lastly the force speed nerf hurt this spec the most as it heavily relied on it for mobile damage with the 2 free Lighting bolts.

If anything this spec has is that it's a fast caster building up to 5% alacrity in combat so it's not to bad an idea to have something like 5%-10% alacrity from gear and then maxing out at like 35% during polarity shift. The annoying thing is that it kinda pales in comparison to Arsenal mercs innate 3% and then 6% anytime they pop supercharged gas which has more uptime then polarity shift same for MM snipers sniper volley. Those 2 Acs also still have 30% bonus crit buffs while Lighting has 10%.

So imo I don't think its a great healer killer at all on my merc or mando when I see one I personally just ignore them or cc/ los during polarity shift. Even worse purges from Operatives can destroy your TB burst as for sorc healers they prob can just treat Lighting like they don't exist.

Visually the spec is beautiful I mean drop dread stunning, fun to watch and play. Outside of that they do nothing better then the 2 main specs I feel it competes with which is arsenal and MM.

I always have good success taking down healers with my Scrapper Scoundrel. One of, if not, the best 1v1 classes in the game

I concur if this was pre 4.0. Scrapper/Concealment simply don't put up enough dmg now to be any major threat, at least for me. Possibly because I use to main a Concealment OP, so I kinda know how to counter them.

So what I have taken from this is that BioWare has pretty much nerfed everything that I was ever interested in except my Vengeance Jugg.

Concealment Op : pathetic dmg now

Lightning Sorc : pathetic dmg now

MM Sniper : very easy free kill w/out team keeping you alive

Deception Sin : so far seems best of these but I am hearing it is nothing like it used to be with dmg/burst

So pretty much if you want to kill healers in WZs , you need a Powertech or a Marauder. Am I understanding this correctly?

So what I have taken from this is that BioWare has pretty much nerfed everything that I was ever interested in except my Vengeance Jugg.

Concealment Op : pathetic dmg now

Lightning Sorc : pathetic dmg now

MM Sniper : very easy free kill w/out team keeping you alive

Deception Sin : so far seems best of these but I am hearing it is nothing like it used to be with dmg/burst

So pretty much if you want to kill healers in WZs , you need a Powertech or a Marauder. Am I understanding this correctly?

Pretty much yeah. 5k HPS for a healer is nothing these days so you need to be able to bring the thunder, interrupt like a pro or bring friends. If you can't do at least 2 out of those 3 things the healer can practically ignore you.

• 1 month later...
With the recent balancing patches, I was wondering if there have been changes to everyones views about which class(es) are best at taking out a healer?

Same thing sadly arsenal might be better I guess since it didn't suffer the surge/crit nerfs. 1v1 dps vs healer I would still put AP as number one vs all 3 healers then mara if they spec to stick on them and then imo its arsenal mercs(avoided surge nerf) then prob a sniper. Could argue for deception with its control but I personally only find that to work on mercs and in the mercs advantage in a 1v1 assuming both have cds and such.

Same thing sadly arsenal might be better I guess since it didn't suffer the surge/crit nerfs. 1v1 dps vs healer I would still put AP as number one vs all 3 healers then mara if they spec to stick on them and then imo its arsenal mercs(avoided surge nerf) then prob a sniper. Could argue for deception with its control but I personally only find that to work on mercs and in the mercs advantage in a 1v1 assuming both have cds and such.

In an open field, arsenal is probably right up there yes. We're probably one of the punchiest classes now in ideal circumstances. Introduce pillar humping though, and I'd still go for a melee class (including PT). Reliance on casts really cuts into DPS against a good LOS player.

Hi, i'm a returning player, and since i haven't played for a very long time, i'm not as good as i was in the past.

So i have some problem to shut down healers. (i'm still not lvl 65, so maybe with the pvp gear it's easier).

I can kill merc healers, but the sorc and OP are way too fast and have too many CC.

When i hit them, bam, stun/root/whatever else, and roll or run to the sky.

I don't play in ranked, so in most of my WZ, people never focus healers.

Maybe i'm not good enough, or lack of stuff/spells, but the thing i can do is to pressure the healer, by harassing him, rotate with my stun/interrupt/burst, the healer can only heal himself, or have to run.

By running, i doesn't heal anymore his party, and more, he goes away from them, and many times, some dps come to help him (or maybe healers are with friends, i dunno).

By doing this, there is 2 or 3 people that have to focus on me (the healer + his "friends")

In my opinion, it's a pretty good trade since it allow my team do to objectives or shut down the other guys.

It depends very much of the skill of your team and the ennemies.

Sometimes they are not as stupids as the common people and can split the ennemy team, or force fight away objectives.

Sometimes, their healers are just too good or with good tank and it's impossible to kill them.

I think the main problem with healers are not heals, the problem is their CC/escape and this retard white bar who don't allow me to CC too much theese healers. (i'm playing melee, hitting a sorc to get bump and root for 5sec to see him get full health ez peasy is really frustrating).

When i see 3 or maybe more dps in WZ that can't kill a healer alone, it's freaking boring and annoying, because in random WZ, we can't make a stun/cc rotation, the healer will have his CC immune very fast, then he just have to CC (flash grenade/aoe stun/bump + root) and run away to full heal himself in 3sec.

Completely new to the game so NUB question, incoming!

When people refer to an empire class like AP power tech does that mean they are also saying the republic version as well? If not then are the empire classes all just amazing in comparison to republic lol. I only ever see the empire classes mentioned.

*licks window*

Have a great day.

Completely new to the game so NUB question, incoming!

When people refer to an empire class like AP power tech does that mean they are also saying the republic version as well? If not then are the empire classes all just amazing in comparison to republic lol. I only ever see the empire classes mentioned.

*licks window*

Have a great day.

Yes, Imps are more popular is all

• 4 weeks later...

OMG so much BS about PTs jeez.

PT can be stunned to death easily lol

PT has no healing debuff lol

PT's burst is easily countered because you can hear that detonator from space lol

l2p noobs

Best class for killing healers is mara. Heal debuff. Roots. CC immune. Damage immune. Crazy burst that hard to predict. Escape.

PTs have NONE of this. Second best class is sin.

I still like Watchmen sent / anni marauder. You get really good burst windows every 6 seconds or so and the sustained dmg is really good. Combine this with constant interrupting and speccing into the root snare on 20% heal reduction talent and you are looking at some dead healers. You will miss out on the chance to 4 global a healer like a Combat / carnage spec can but they are also easier to shut down.

It's not just a one class deal. You need a team effort of people locking them down by constantly stunning and interrupting while others unload burst combos on them.

So much THIS. ^^^

I'm maining a Focus Guardian right now and I feel there's no class (healer or stealth included) that I can't kill 1v1.

HOWEVER, you can kiss it goodbye if there's a single tank or healer helping out. Focus/Rage trades off a bit of burst for survivability, and the lack of a Trauma debuff REALLY hurts.

That said, you CAN kill a healer if you are able to catch them alone between nodes or your team is good at coordinating pushes, pulls, etc. Commandos/Mercenaries and Operatives/Scoundrels aren't easy, but doable if you're on top of your game. Blade Dance/Ravage root will be mandatory.

Sorcerers/Sages are another animal entirely. You CAN kill one, but ONLY if you're able to time your CCs and interrupts effectively. Freezing Force/Chilling Scream reapplication will be crucial, as they will cleanse like mad. And you absolutely MUST be able to aim and time your Blade Blitz/Mad Dash with flawless precision to counter the inevitable Force Speed kiting. Oh - and if at all possible - save your Leap/Charge for their Phase Walk antics. (Whoever decided Sages/Sorcerers needed Phase Walk should honestly be horse-whipped, but I digress.)

Interestingly enough, I find Seer/Corruption players MUCH easier to kill with my Combat Sentinel, and it all comes down to the ranged root on Leg Slash. Having a spammable ranged slow (root if you spec for it) WITH a Trauma debuff makes all the difference in the world.

Unfortunately, you're an easy kill for stealthers and Mercs/PTs that know what they're doing, so there is that trade-off.

;)