4,0 PVP Carnage Guide-Posted for Siris

Valzanik

Yo Guys,

Siris cant post on forums so he asked me to post this guide for him

Also, he wanted me to input some of the combos i use and briefly talk about how i use them.

With gore window you obviously want as many attacks in gore window to maximize DPS

1. Berserk

VT-Gore-DB-Mass (if you pop VT then gore immediately the games registrars the VT in gore window giving you and extra attack in gore Window.)

2. Bersker

Mass -Gore-rav-DV-Mass

3.Berserk-Highest Burst potential

Rav-VT(clip it properly with .175 left)- Gore(instantly) DB-Mass

I will make an in depth pvp guide if people have questions about more advanced details about Carnage and will potential start streaming but Sirris wanted me to post this so here ya go

Thanks Wrath. So I guess after months and months I can finally post again. Just a heads up about the guide. It is meant to be a basic guide. More advance rotations and theory crafting can be done here.

Well look who finally got his account back!! LOL the day i finally decide to post your vid haha

Check out some of Siris Vids to see Mara action. I'm featured in a few as well

Pure DPS yes. DPS potential is Anni > Carnage > Fury. Fury is the burst spec and as low sustainment DPS. Carnage is a hybrid spec for sustainment and burst.

Siris, LOVING your tips and videos. Fantastic work!

I've been running Concentration in PvP for the CC immunity on Gravity Vortex. While I'm enjoying the burst, I'm finding it quite difficult to actually drop healers or tanks in the current heal/guard-heavy environment. Of course, I realize it could just be my own tactical and reflexive shortcomings to blame, so there is that.

I'm about to give Combat a spin, and I'm just curious as to whether you feel the burst will be sufficient to seal the deal if I'm having trouble pulling it off with Concentration. Will I notice an increase in survivability with the DR passives? And how much do you think the loss of Gravity Vortex will hurt?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

:)

To be frank, I've always found it easier to sustain damage in Fury than in Carnage. I really haven't played Carnage since I got fully geared, though, so I should try it.

Talking more of theoretical DPS. Again, Its all about your personal play style. If Fury is your play style and you can feel that spec then you will perform better at it.

Siris, LOVING your tips and videos. Fantastic work!

I've been running Concentration in PvP for the CC immunity on Gravity Vortex. While I'm enjoying the burst, I'm finding it quite difficult to actually drop healers or tanks in the current heal/guard-heavy environment. Of course, I realize it could just be my own tactical and reflexive shortcomings to blame, so there is that.

I'm about to give Combat a spin, and I'm just curious as to whether you feel the burst will be sufficient to seal the deal if I'm having trouble pulling it off with Concentration. Will I notice an increase in survivability with the DR passives? And how much do you think the loss of Gravity Vortex will hurt?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

:)

Thanks! And sorry going to use Marauder terminology here.

With the lot of healers or tanks and healers you really aren't going to be bringing them down by yourself. Always try to separate the multiple healers or healer tank. If you can't global them then it becomes all about wearing them down. Once the wear down you can kill them. Keep the pressure up.

Fury - So Fury has good burst but poor sustainment DPS. We don't have the potential to quite Global people like a AP PT can but the burst is good. Try lining up your burst all at once. Like Force Crush with Ravage followed by Furious Strike.

Carnage - This spec is good for pressure because it has good burst and sustainable DPS. It will allow you to better wear and tear those pesky healers. When the moment is right you will have the burst to finish the job.

Thanks! And sorry going to use Marauder terminology here.

With the lot of healers or tanks and healers you really aren't going to be bringing them down by yourself. Always try to separate the multiple healers or healer tank. If you can't global them then it becomes all about wearing them down. Once the wear down you can kill them. Keep the pressure up.

Fury - So Fury has good burst but poor sustainment DPS. We don't have the potential to quite Global people like a AP PT can but the burst is good. Try lining up your burst all at once. Like Force Crush with Ravage followed by Furious Strike.

Carnage - This spec is good for pressure because it has good burst and sustainable DPS. It will allow you to better wear and tear those pesky healers. When the moment is right you will have the burst to finish the job.

Okay, our Thanksgiving guests left earlier today, so I've had a few minutes to playtest Carnage.

Holy COW. Not only do I feel tankier, I actually feel like I'm hitting a LOT harder. For some reason the spec seems to flow more smoothly for me. I was wondering why Carnage Marauders were busting my chops as Concentration, and now I know why. Healers are still an issue and I blame that on the meta-game, like you said.

But I feel like I can eat tanks alive. And I don't actually miss the loss of Force Exhaustion and Zealous Leap. Between the root breaks on Transcendence and Blade Blitz (I'm having better results with this than Expunging Camo, for some reason) I don't feel any less mobile.

Again, thank you so much for the great advice!

:D

P.S.: Have you had a chance to test out the 5% Alacrity you mentioned in your Carnage guide? I'm still at 3 percent, with no Alacrity on my gear, so I'm very interested to see what kind of results you've gotten.

Okay, our Thanksgiving guests left earlier today, so I've had a few minutes to playtest Carnage.

Holy COW. Not only do I feel tankier, I actually feel like I'm hitting a LOT harder. For some reason the spec seems to flow more smoothly for me. I was wondering why Carnage Marauders were busting my chops as Concentration, and now I know why. Healers are still an issue and I blame that on the meta-game, like you said.

But I feel like I can eat tanks alive. And I don't actually miss the loss of Force Exhaustion and Zealous Leap. Between the root breaks on Transcendence and Blade Blitz (I'm having better results with this than Expunging Camo, for some reason) I don't feel any less mobile.

Again, thank you so much for the great advice!

:D

P.S.: Have you had a chance to test out the 5% Alacrity you mentioned in your Carnage guide? I'm still at 3 percent, with no Alacrity on my gear, so I'm very interested to see what kind of results you've gotten.

Nice! haha Yeah I run with 1 alacrity piece in my gear for a total of 4.67. And yeah the flow is why I love carnage. =P