Social Points need to go

smaku

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Social points are pointless. It's an annoying system and it irritates me. I have been in like 10 groups and still have zero points. take this annoying pointless system out of an otherwise amazing game.

That bit right there. Unless all the groups you've been in

A) Quit before you even got to the convos

B) Never rolled on a convo

Then there is no possible way you get 0 points.

You only get points when you are in group convo's, not just for grouping.

Edited by Jaick

That bit right there. Unless all the groups you've been in

A) Quit before you even got to the convos

B) Never rolled on a convo

Then there is no possible way you get 0 points.

I am not lying... i am level 26, have completed multiple heroic 2+ and a couple heroic 4+ groups, completed the quests inside them, had to click on things at the exact same time as my group mates, etc.... and still don't have one single point.

I am not lying... i am level 26, have completed multiple heroic 2+ and a couple heroic 4+ groups, completed the quests inside them, had to click on things at the exact same time as my group mates, etc.... and still don't have one single point.

Yes, but have you been involved in any group conversations? Mission turn ins, mission pickups, NPC conversations during the mission?

If not, that's why you have zero points.

A misconception I sometimes hear about social points if you gain them for being in a group. This isn't strictly true.

You have to actually be involved in NPC conversations to gain them. In a 2 person group (including you) you gain a minimum of 2, and a max of 4, per NPC dialogue.

So are you actually choosing dialogue in NPC conversations?

If you are choosing responses you get points regardless if you win the roll or not. If you are well then file a ticket.

I on the other hand have no issues with this nor have I ever heard of a problem with it not giving you points.

Edited by Jaick

err yeah every conversation is guarenteed to net you at least 2points, 1 for each group member, per choice. you get double if you win the roll

your companion doesn't count a group.

You only get social points if you do joint conversations, which is not a requirement of grouping up.

heroics dont count unless theres a conversation at some point. do flashpoints

This still doesn't touch on the fact that the entire system is completely pointless. It serves zero purpose whatsoever. Every other aspect of the game serves a purpose, this is just a mechanic that doesn't seem to have any at all.

This still doesn't touch on the fact that the entire system is completely pointless. It serves zero purpose whatsoever. Every other aspect of the game serves a purpose, this is just a mechanic that doesn't seem to have any at all.

It's to encourage you to actually form groups with people. How is that pointless?

You get special items from the social vendor. I wouldn't say its useless.

Edited by Jaick

It's to encourage you to actually form groups with people. How is that pointless?

What's the encouragement? Social title? Light armor gear? Other random things that don't do much?

I doubt many people are grouping up to get social points, people group when the quest needs a group or if they're playing with friends.

You will also be able to get special social gear when you get enough points, and that is the ONLY way of getting that equipment. So there is a point, and considering you dont actually have to do anything different (you are in a group, you would be making conversation choices anyway) it pretty much means your getting something beneficial with 0 effort. And in my books that makes it a WIN system! :)

What's the encouragement? Social title? Light armor gear? Other random things that don't do much?

I doubt many people are grouping up to get social points, people group when the quest needs a group or if they're playing with friends.

Hey, some people like cosmetic gifts.

might be a glitch on your end. I have like 300 from the one PUG I ran

You will also be able to get special social gear when you get enough points, and that is the ONLY way of getting that equipment. So there is a point, and considering you dont actually have to do anything different (you are in a group, you would be making conversation choices anyway) it pretty much means your getting something beneficial with 0 effort. And in my books that makes it a WIN system! :)

This is the correct answer....................learn it, live it, love it.

Do you also complain when there are achievements in a game? Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean other don't like it either. I don't like achievements in a game either, but I don't complain about them asking them to be taken out of the game.

Do you also complain when there are achievements in a game? Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean other don't like it either. I don't like achievements in a game either, but I don't complain about them asking them to be taken out of the game.

I was unclear. I'm all for social points, but as it is there isn't much real benefit. Light armor wearers are the only ones who have a practical use for social gear. If there were medium heavy armor social gear or an appearance tab that'd be enough for me.

I was unclear. I'm all for social points, but as it is there isn't much real benefit. Light armor wearers are the only ones who have a practical use for social gear. If there were medium heavy armor social gear or an appearance tab that'd be enough for me.

I think a part of it was to prevent an imbalance. Social point rewards are mostly supposed to be cosmetic in nature. They're for, well, socializing, and not meant to be a kind of top-end gear for people.

of course, it can be for light armor users but there's only two classes that can use nothing but light armor anyway. (Not counting advanced, which would make it 4)

To the original poster:

Im going to be a little brutal, because it is deserved.

You are asking for social points to be removed because you dont have any. That, in itself, is a stupid reason to base you argument on. However, the bigger problem is, you dont have any because you dont understand how to get them. You dont understand how to get them because your lazy. Its well explained in the game, look it up in your codex. However, in future games, i suggest you pay attention to the tutorial notes.

I am not going to tell you how they work, because it encourages laziness.

Needless to say, you should be embarassed by 2 things

1) your "i dont have any it shouldnt be in the game" mentality. My 5 year old is more mature.

2) Your posting on a topic for which you have little understanding. Clearly you have no idea how social points work.