blood hunt - yet another screw over for the melee players

I just tried blood hunt on HM. Yet another fight (first boss) that screws over the melee fighters. What is that, number 1 million?

In all my time here, i can think of 2 fights, where things where created that made it harder for the ranged, and 1 dosent really count. The one that really counts is the one of the WB's that where part of the first rakghoul event. The other one is dread palace, where one of the bosses has a shield so they have to move in closer, which dosen't count for that much.

But its not like there are people who wants to play a melee character in a star wars based game....!

Yeah, 3.0 was melee-unfriendly. Hopefully this is some feedback they listen to. (Supposedly they said they'll be more aware of it come future content). I wouldn't ever expect a 'fix' to BH, though.

Really, JT above said it all. Melee just has to work harder. Ranged doesn't have it super easy either, especially the turret classes.

I wouldn't ever expect a 'fix' to BH, though.

They did fix it after some time in 3.0 cycle. Eventually it got tuned better and in general was possible to complete at least 50% of the time in random GF setups. Now it's back to nonsense again. Balance is one of the biggest problems of the current dev team. From original Ravagers, to Underlurker, to Blood Hunt, to 4.0 Tacticals, overpowered/underpowered companion saga etc.

Maybe when they start inviting more players than just Dulfy + NiM Raiders for closed expansion testing we will get better balanced content from both challenging and casual perspective.

Edited by Pietrastor

Maybe when they start inviting more players than just Dulfy + NiM Raiders for closed expansion testing we will get better balanced content from both challenging and casual perspective.

Except this time they did NOT invite NiM raiders and it only got worse.

And yeah, BH 1st boss is very melee-friendly actually. Your point here is completely invalid, TS, try that on sniper. It's easier to stack together and aoe adds, not to speak about moving and dpsing the same time on a melee.

They did fix it after some time in 3.0 cycle. Eventually it got tuned better and in general was possible to complete at least 50% of the time in random GF setups. Now it's back to nonsense again. Balance is one of the biggest problems of the current dev team. From original Ravagers, to Underlurker, to Blood Hunt, to 4.0 Tacticals, overpowered/underpowered companion saga etc.

The lack of polish shown in balancing similar difficulty tier content with itself drives me bonkers.

Sure - NiM Operations should be more difficult than HM Ops which should be more difficult then SM Ops.

And I agree an end boss should be more difficult than the first boss.

But for things like HM flashpoints and tacticals, there shouldn't be a few faceroll instances, a large number of moderate challenge instances, and a few outliers that the vast majority of random average groups cannot complete.

For an organization that likes to spout off about metrics, one would think they would have metrics showing a much larger percentage or players either abandoning or failing to complete a flashpoint like BH versus Korriban, and maybe do a little research to find out why that is and address the underlying balance issues.

Oh and it doesn't matter who they invite to test as the problem isn't lack of feedback or types of players, it's having a process that allows them to take action on feedback to avoid the mistakes we see again and again with their development process coupled with having too small a testing pool in the first place.

Not to mention it really isn't the players responsibility to test their product, they should have paid staff to catch most of the basic stuff that continues to go live broken along with some open stress testing (especially for group content) to catch the things that only become apparent with large numbers of players.

Edited by DawnAskham

For an organization that likes to spout off about metrics, one would think they would have metrics showing a much larger percentage or players either abandoning or failing to complete a flashpoint like BH versus Korriban, and maybe do a little research to find out why that is and address the underlying balance issues.

They had Underlurker/TOS metrics for a year, admitted themselves how the fact very few bother with the operation is one of the main reasons to cancel Timer Runs community event and yet - nothing happened for a year. Underlurker is sorta balanced now for PUG/casual environment, but it took entire cycle to get there.

I just tried blood hunt on HM. Yet another fight (first boss) that screws over the melee fighters. What is that, number 1 million?

In all my time here, i can think of 2 fights, where things where created that made it harder for the ranged, and 1 dosent really count. The one that really counts is the one of the WB's that where part of the first rakghoul event. The other one is dread palace, where one of the bosses has a shield so they have to move in closer, which dosen't count for that much.

But its not like there are people who wants to play a melee character in a star wars based game....!

You are just probably insanely HORRIBLE at your class and should maybe try something easier to play