Spectre - Do you have what it takes?

AnimalPotential

Name: Spectre

Style: PvP

Rank system: Yes, specific, simple and efficient.

Recruiting: Invite only, send a whisper to Archangelî, Angelî, Darkangelî, Omisri, Sunce or Rèåver for info.

Teamspeak: Yes.

Guildship: Yes

Introduction

Spectre. Remember us. You will see it many times when you step into the warzones on TOFN. You will either see it above the heads of some of of the greatest people you´ll ever play with or you will spit it out from between your clenched teeth after being defeated time and time again.

Spectre, in our current form, is newly formed, small and consists of a handfull of people. We have years of experience in MMO pvp, and we know what it takes to succeed. We believe that a tight team of eight can easily defeat thirty organized players...but bring thirty organized players to a battle and you will rule completely.

We play together, train together and improve together..... and talk **** together.

About us:

Our background comes from PvP and PvP is what we do best. But; Spectre believes that games are supposed to be fun and that´s a major platform we stand on. All our members are stand-up, honest, dedicated and we have a policy for accepting alot of fun and games. Joking around and getting to know each and everyones boundaries and differences is important to us. A Spectre member is always welcome no matter what and we always have a great time playing together.

We do joke around alot, and there will always be ******** and fun in the guildchat. If you are a very sensitive person, our guild is not the place for you.

Spectre will be known as respected and outstanding PvP:ers with different personalities, some larger then life, and some the nicest you will ever talk too. But we are all talented and dedicated players.

Edited by AnimalPotential

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spectre will be known as respected and outstanding PvP:ers with different personalities, some larger then life, and some the nicest you will ever talk too.

Im pretty sure real respected and outstanding PvPers usually reck the **** out of ppl that call themselves "respected and outstanding pvpers" , or, in this case, ppl that "will be known as super bla bla" ****.

But we are all talented and dedicated players.

This reminds me of

For us, Team Ranked is definately part of the PvP game, and an important aspect. Yes.

It should be the main aspect of your "PvP guild". All these "pvp guilds" that never did team ranked...

Edited by Wonkanerd

Im pretty sure real respected and outstanding PvPers usually reck the **** out of ppl that call themselves "respected and outstanding pvpers" , or, in this case, ppl that "will be known as super bla bla" ****.

Im sure I could respond to this in many ways, but, I have a policy of not making fun of handicapped people.

This reminds me of

And yet the best part of this is the fact that the second video from that guild is a PVE video. But, above statement.

It should be the main aspect of your "PvP guild". All these "pvp guilds" that never did team ranked...

A PvP guild as a whole can focus on every aspect of PvP, and the focus will change slightly from game to game depending on what is most rewarding to the members.

PvP stands for Player vs Player, and includes the following aspects:

Open world pvp.

Regular warzone pvp.

Ranked solo pvp.

Ranked team pvp.

GSF.

Making fun of idiots who does not understand this.

All of those aspects can, and will improve your skill, with the endgoal of becoming better and excelling at team pvp.

But imo, if you are going to be a PvP GUILD, you need have a proven skill in all of those aspects, not just one.

A PvP guild as a whole can focus on every aspect of PvP, and the focus will change slightly from game to game depending on what is most rewarding to the members.

PvP stands for Player vs Player, and includes the following aspects:

All of those aspects can, and will improve your skill, with the endgoal of becoming better and excelling at team pvp.

But imo, if you are going to be a PvP GUILD, you need have a proven skill in all of those aspects, not just one.

You may never reach that endgoal with that kind of attitude and arrogance right off the get-go. If you want to be a good PvP guild, that doesnt want to end up as a server's laughing stock(like infamo did) - you don't, you just don't write OPs like urs. You better deliver, otherwise you'll get the same bad reputation as MvPs and infamo did(for diff reasons).

Just don't give up on ranked immediately and turn into another IRS/ACE/MvPs after small/no success. After that it only goes 2 ways:

-Turn into nwz guild with <average players

-Members leave and join better guilds

gl

Im sure I could respond to this in many ways, but, I have a policy of not making fun of handicapped people

You are not supposed to make fun of your own kind. Or idk how it works for you tbh, you tell me.

And yet the best part of this is the fact that the second video from that guild is a PVE video. But, above statement.

These guys went with the same "talented and dedicated players" moto. Rest is history. Literally.(sarcasm intended, I'd like to put that there since you might have problems understanding things, judging from your op)

Just don't give up on ranked immediately and turn into another IRS/ACE/MvPs after small/no success. After that it only goes 2 ways:

It's more clear now why you wanna stay anonymous here , but if you talk about "success/no success" , can u please tell us, at least, what was your guild back in those days ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by mikofil

You may never reach that endgoal with that kind of attitude and arrogance right off the get-go. If you want to be a good PvP guild, that doesnt want to end up as a server's laughing stock(like infamo did) - you don't, you just don't write OPs like urs. You better deliver, otherwise you'll get the same bad reputation as MvPs and infamo did(for diff reasons).

gl

You are not supposed to make fun of your own kind. Or idk how it works for you tbh, you tell me.

These guys went with the same "talented and dedicated players" moto. Rest is history. Literally.(sarcasm intended, I'd like to put that there since you might have problems understanding things, judging from your op)

Im sorry, what? We will never be a successfull pvp guild with the attitude that to be a TRUE PvP guild you need to excel, or participate in all aspects of PvP in the game? Are you 100% completely moronic?

How did you draw the conclusion that we quit after two matches? Especially when my signature states clearly that the only way to succeed is through perseverance? (Perseverance is what you do when you keep practicing, and keep going when things are hard. In sports and games, thats usually defined as losses or failures ;) ).

Unlike you, Im willing to put my entire history and experience out for everyone to judge. Both my personal experience, and which guilds I originate from and OUR history.

That being said, I have PvPed in games for 15 years, and my track record speaks for itself.

SWG, EQ2, EVE, in Ryzom i am a living legend, ArcheAge, DAoC, Age of Conan, Tera, SWTOR from alpha testing to launch, from launch til about a year or so in, and since i came when the cap was raised to 60.

Who the * are you?

That being said, I have PvPed in games for 15 years, and my track record speaks for itself.SWG, EQ2, in Ryzom i am a living legend, ArcheAge, DAoC, Age of Conan, Tera, SWTOR from alpha testing to launch, from launch til about a year or so in, and since i came when the cap was raised to 60.

Im sorry, what? We will never be a successfull pvp guild with the attitude that to be a TRUE PvP guild you need to excel, or participate in all aspects of PvP in the game? Are you 100% completely moronic?

With the attitude of "Specter.Remember us/ You will see it many times when you step into wz, will be above heads of some of the greatest people you play with, or u spit it out after getting defeated over and over again"

"specter will be known as respected and outstanding PvPers etc."

Are you *********** imbecile or what? Why do I even ask.

How did you draw the conclusion that we quit after two matches? Especially when my signature states clearly that the only way to succeed is through perseverance? (Perseverance is what you do when you keep practicing, and keep going when things are hard. In sports and games, thats usually defined as losses or failures ;) ).

No conclusions. Where do you see "after two matches" exactly in my post, blind much? I'm just giving you tips so you don't fail miserably, especially considering you put these kind of words(that I quoted earlier) without having anything to back yourself up with.

Unlike you, Im willing to put my entire history and experience out for everyone to judge. Both my personal experience, and which guilds I originate from and OUR history.

That being said, I have PvPed in games for 15 years, and my track record speaks for itself.

SWG, EQ2, in Ryzom i am a living legend, ArcheAge, DAoC, Age of Conan, Tera, SWTOR from alpha testing to launch, from launch til about a year or so in, and since i came when the cap was raised to 60.

Who the * are you?

You are living legend in Ryzom? ****, that absolutely changes everything. Not that I have no idea *** is that or what does that mean, but ok. If you had achievements in wow/gw2 of some sort I'd understand, but are you *********** honestly promoting yourself as this? AA, DAOC, AOC, so many garbage mmos, Im not even sure you are serious at this point.

I played 8v8 RWZs for both IRS and MvPs, quit(when they removed 8v8s)/play rarely.

Edited by Wonkanerd

If you had achievements in wow/gw2 of some sort I'd understand, but are you *********** honestly promoting yourself as this? AA, DAOC, AOC, so many garbage mmos, Im not even sure you are serious at this point.

I played 8v8 RWZs for both IRS and MvPs, quit(when they removed 8v8s)/play rarely.

You just dismoted AA, DAoC, AoC, and games that are recognised worldwide for requiring talent in PvP, and said WOW gives credibility?

I havent seen that much stupidity since the last time i watched a Sarah Palin interview.

You are living legend in Ryzom? ****, that absolutely changes everything. Not that I have no idea *** is that or what does that mean, but ok. If you had achievements in wow/gw2 of some sort I'd understand, but are you *********** honestly promoting yourself as this? AA, DAOC, AOC, so many garbage mmos, Im not even sure you are serious at this point.

Just because its fun to PROVE you are an idiot without credibility:

Voted best PvP games: http://www.mmogames.com/topmmos/best-pvp-in-an-mmo-2014/

Can you find WoW on the list? No.

But BOTH EVE and ArcheAge is on the list. I played both, you played WoW.

On this list:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/pvp/sOrder/desc

World of Warcraft comes AFTER EQ2, DAoC and EVE. I played all 3, and had 2 characters with the highest pvp rank in EQ2... you played World of Warcraft.

I could go on and on, but honestly, there are no better sources then MMORPG.com and MMOGAMES.com at the moment.

My point is, anyone who claims that WoW PvP has a high skill ceiling, and requires you to be a great PvPer, is a moron and should wear a sign around their neck saying "I'm stupid", so that the rest of us are warned in advance that this person is beyond even trying to reason with, as they will never ever be able to listen to the arguements given, or sway their opinion, because they have no genuine interest in getting better, learning or evolving as a player or a human being.

You just dismoted AA, DAoC, AoC, and games that are recognised worldwide for requiring talent in PvP, and said WOW gives credibility?

I havent seen that much stupidity since the last time i watched a Sarah Palin interview.

Thanks for a good laugh. Recognised worldwide. Just take AA out of this list - a korean farmfest where you have your own steading, woooo.

Ofc WoW gives credibility, it actually was THE competitive MMORPG, when it was one of the few games in online industry that actually had small-scale pvp(aka arenas, aka real skill test).

I dont think you understand what does actual, meaningful PvP mean(a type of PvP, where some kind of achievements/results obtained in it actually mean something) :

-It's not a 40v40 PvP battle where individual player skill matters so little/close to nothing.

-it's not a 1v1 type of scenario(unless its some kind of Blade & Soul), or a MIRROR class duel

-It's not mindless, fluffy "guild PvP" where you obtain a castle and hold it, so enemies can't get control of it.

Get it? Basically, almost everything that is <10 players gives credibility. Something where YOUR skill comes into play, not skill of other 39 players, of your 20 guild members. Something, where it's all YOU: 2v2, 3v3,4v4, where your badness can lead to a loss, where your missplaced CC can lead to a loss etc etc.

You want to believe in that BS that these games(the ones you listed) are recognized world-wide - you do so, gl.

I believe that games like WoW, GW2, EVE, DOTA, LoL, CS, SC2, Fighting games, Chess are credible, when it comes to PvP.

Just because its fun to PROVE you are an idiot without credibility:

Voted best PvP games: http://www.mmogames.com/topmmos/best-pvp-in-an-mmo-2014/

Can you find WoW on the list? No.

But BOTH EVE and ArcheAge is on the list. I played both, you played WoW.

On this list:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/pvp/sOrder/desc

World of Warcraft comes AFTER EQ2, DAoC and EVE. I played all 3, and had 2 characters with the highest pvp rank in EQ2... you played World of Warcraft.

I could go on and on, but honestly, there are no better sources then MMORPG.com and MMOGAMES.com at the moment.

My point is, anyone who claims that WoW PvP has a high skill ceiling, and requires you to be a great PvPer, is a moron and should wear a sign around their neck saying "I'm stupid", so that the rest of us are warned in advance that this person is beyond even trying to reason with, as they will never ever be able to listen to the arguements given, or sway their opinion, because they have no genuine interest in getting better, learning or evolving as a player or a human being.

First link: MOBAS, MMORPGS, RPGS - all thrown into one category. You do realise those numbers matter absolutely nothing, even for EVE(which was voted 6k). That's like what, 0,000000000000000000000001% of actual people playing online games, that cared to vote?

Your beloved Archeage got 137 votes, while Diablo 3 got 75. You just self-owned yourself by linking this.

Second link: DC Universe Online is a better PvP game than GW2(according to that "list"). The actual best PvP MMORPG there is...is at like 40th spot or so. I expected you to be a retard, but this is next level.

Oh and by the way, Im Living Legend in Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters.

I'm amazed, that you can actually claim your opinion to outrank that of the two largest and most credible gaming sites in the world. Not only that, but the fact that your arguements are complete, and utter bullcrap. I've said my piece, and honestly, anyone with a brain knows that the skill ceiling in World of Warcraft does not even come close to that of AoC, EVE, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, AA, ++++.

Discussion over. You can spout whatever bullcrap you want now.

I'm amazed, that you can actually claim your opinion to outrank that of the two largest and most credible gaming sites in the world. Not only that, but the fact that your arguements are complete, and utter bullcrap. I've said my piece, and honestly, anyone with a brain knows that the skill ceiling in World of Warcraft does not even come close to that of AoC, EVE, EQ2, DAoC, SWG, AA, ++++.

Discussion over. You can spout whatever bullcrap you want now.

No no, obviously a site that puts noname games and DC universe online above Guild Wars 2(the only MMORPG that has more or a less constant competitive base and ESL) in terms of PvP is the most credible gaming site in the world.

Just ****, honestly. What a joke you are.

You are just a baddie that wanted to talk big without consequences. Well now that you got your *** handed back to you, you can also try and q team ranked(in b4 u get completely destroyed by every tofn team) and finally turn into another "PvP guild" that only does normals.

Owned.