All gear has been removed in 4.0 and put into cartel market

neuronfly

While what you said about gear vendors being removed is accurate, there is still a lot of orange gear in the game. Once you get your alliance you will get an orange gear piece from each box you open. You end up with a glut of it, a lot of it is older end game skins that were removed from the game previously. It's also legacy so you can pop it in your legacy hold or trade it between all your characters, so that is nice at least :).

I'm not the biggest fan that a majority of new gear skins go into the CM, but it may be one of those concessions we have to make for the game to be financially solvent. I do like the new way of armor packs that give a full set rather than the old system of RNG a few pieces out of the crates. Being able to sell the gear after a couple days at least lets the player base disseminate the gear we get from packs and allow players to get the skins without spending CC's if they want.

All in all, not the best system, but if it keeps the game going I'm willing to live with it.

Edited by Razamatazz

Remember that you can now use the outfit tab so you're not effectively limited to oranges and you can use other classes appearances. Overall I think we're still coming out ahead as far as control over appearance Edited by WulframH

I'm not sure everybody realizes how many models are available as green craftables for <1k credits

I haven't verified this entirely of course, but I'm pretty confident that any model that was on a planetary vendor before is a craftable item now available dirt cheap. (might take little GTN searching though.) A lot of models that weren't moddable before are now available appearance options too.

My impression that these changes were meant to be entirely for the benefit of crafting/crafters. Less items/choice for a currency that gets thrown at you as you play, but still enough to be able to rely on for leveling purposes, but for looks and for better than green stuff, you need to turn to crafting.

There are so many ways to get a modable set now, that I can't imagine that this, of all things. was introduced to sell cartel items. They do so plenty often, but whichever way I look at it, this just appears to be an attempt to de-trivialize crafting throughout the leveling process.

Remember that you can now use the outfit tab so you're not effectively limited to oranges and you can use other classes appearances. Overall I think we're still coming out ahead as far as control over appearance

yep. Equip the stats no matter how fugly the gear is, and cover it with the outfit. Low-lv greens and crafts are extremely cheap, and it's totally possible to get something decent (time-consuming, though, one has to ctrl+click throughout the GTN).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.