I'm curious how many times do I need to enter this one time password?

Senkoau

Oh that's what's causing it thanks, thought it was just RNG.

I had a security key, decided since I don't have permanent credit card details or care about my character that much entering it every time was too much of a bother so I deleted and if the hackers hack my account, sell my stuff and delete everything. Well I didn't have that much too start with unlike those who have spent a small fortune getting the best gear.

Over the past week I've entered it 3 times not often enough to be annoying but its not really "one time" so I'm curious how many times do I need to enter it before I stop getting asked to enter a one time password?

It's a password that you can only use once, not a password that you only have to use once. (Notice how it is different every time. Each one only works once.)

It is a 'One Time Password' - in that you may only use it once (and often within a limited time)

Every time your ISP changes your IP address, some ISP do this daily, but eventually you will have entered an OTP for all their addresses

Every time you clear cookies

& in the case of SWTOR sometimes because the server just feels like it

To get around this you can use a security key app (winauth) on your PC or smartphone/tablet, and additionally get 100CC a month for doing so.