A win win solution for BW AND the entire community for the companion Nerf

Macabrae

A lot of people like me are very frustrated at BW for this over nerf of companion. I have been a subscriber since launch but got bored with the game. 4.0 made it fun for me again and this nerf stole that. I think BW realizes now this nerf was overkill and a lot of people are very up set about it. I can go into reasons why they want it back but there are many threads for that.

With that said, I also understand the player base that wants it to be more difficult. I too agree that it was a little too easy in some instances (But still think the nerf is bad) and it makes sense for those "Hardcore" players who are masochistic to want a nerf. So I have came up with a solution that hopefully would make all happy (Which is very had to do).

Add a boost in the Cartel shop for companions and put it under "character perks". This way for those people who want their companion boosted they can do it on a per character basis and for those who want it to stay the same can and don't have to be forced into something they do not want. This boost would auto disable the moment they enter into PVP so they would not be too strong versus the ones who do not have it.

This is a win for BW cause they not only will keep the subs of people like me but also I would be spending Cartel Coins as well. It's a win for those who love the a challenge cause they would not be forced into companions being "Too OP" in their eyes but yet still get to use their companions. It's a win for people like me who loved the companions the way they were before the nerf and can pick and choose which toon they want it on. Some toons and specs need it badly and others do not.

I would love to keep this discussion civil. As a business owner I ask for people to come up with solutions to problems, not just complain about them. I think this would be a great solution for everyone.....

Thoughts?

It's nice that you want to find a better solution to this problem. But I'm sorry, I won't be paying real life money to get those companions back. It could be better if BW will simply buff their damage/heals by 20% or so. Or find a way to buff them and make them not completely vulnerable nor completely overpowered. Edited by CommanderVintres

It's nice that you want to find a better solution to this problem. But I'm sorry, I won't be paying real life money to get those companions back. It could be better if BW will simply buff their damage/heals by 20% or so. Or find a way to buff them and make them not completely vulnerable nor completely overpowered.

If you are a subscriber you get free cartel coins each month. The cost could be negligible but still solves the problem.

Add a boost in the Cartel shop for companions and put it under "character perks". This way for those people who want their companion boosted they can do it on a per character basis and for those who want it to stay the same can and don't have to be forced into something they do not want. This boost would auto disable the moment they enter into PVP so they would not be too strong versus the ones who do not have it.

This would have the effect on PvP servers of the boost hardly ever being on.

Could this have been the plan?

This would have the effect on PvP servers of the boost hardly ever being on.

I play on POT5 pvp server. Considering I very rarely ever see world pvp I doubt that....but with that said, that is part of being on a pvp server is accepting that challenge. Plus this is a PVE buff anyway.

If the boost can be bought for credits aswell as cartel coins then i think it would be a fair compromise.

as for the pvp scenario, maybe the perk could have some sort of algorithm applied to it to determine what type of enemy they are facing. e.g. if companion target = player, companion perk bonus = off and if companion target = npc , companion perk bonus = on

if it works then in that kind of situation only npc targets should be affected by the companions damage with the bonus applied.

I do think as it is ops suggestion is a very good one though

Actually as an additional suggestion, perhaps the perk could work by giving a legacy buff ability that targets the player and gives only the players current companion a presence bonus large enough for this to work?

That way if content begins to get to easy the player can simply play without using the ability, and if they are having a bad day and just want to stomp some poor npcs they can then use the ability to give the bonus.

Edited by TekkamanSaber

If the boost can be bought for credits aswell as cartel coins then i think it would be a fair compromise.

as for the pvp scenario, maybe the perk could have some sort of algorithm applied to it to determine what type of enemy they are facing. e.g. if companion target = player, companion perk bonus = off and if companion target = npc , companion perk bonus = on

if it works then in that kind of situation only npc targets should be affected by the companions damage with the bonus applied.

I do think as it is ops suggestion is a very good one though

Actually as an additional suggestion, perhaps the perk could work by giving a legacy buff ability that targets the player and gives only the players current companion a presence bonus large enough for this to work?

That way if content begins to get to easy the player can simply play without using the ability, and if they are having a bad day and just want to stomp some poor npcs they can then use the ability to give the bonus.

Pretty much everything can be bought with credits as well as Cartel Coins, but yes I agree.

It's nice that you want to find a better solution to this problem. But I'm sorry, I won't be paying real life money to get those companions back. It could be better if BW will simply buff their damage/heals by 20% or so. Or find a way to buff them and make them not completely vulnerable nor completely overpowered.

On a side note it would be nice if they fix the bug that drops buffs off your companion, But nah lets piss everyone off and not fix real issues before we nerf companions , but just drop the axe on them lol couldn't resist.

You guys should not be willing to use CC for this. People should not have to buy more powerful companions. That is just dumb. BW just needs to fix this plain and simple.

Now i realize you get free CC every month, but you guys should not be advocating for them to do such things.

I know alot of ppl are desperate to get their companions back but this is not the solution. BW needs to man up and just fix it the right way.

You guys should not be willing to use CC for this. People should not have to buy more powerful companions. That is just dumb. BW just needs to fix this plain and simple.

Now i realize you get free CC every month, but you guys should not be advocating for them to do such things.

I know alot of ppl are desperate to get their companions back but this is not the solution. BW needs to man up and just fix it the right way.

If you don't want to spend CC then you could spend credits.

As an unlook for the whole legacy I could live with it, don't like it to be just a single character perk that one would have to buy then for every character... also isn't there already under character perks the stuff that allows you to get faster influenec and shouldn't be that suffice in regard how powerful companions are, and thus the decision how powerful one wants the companions to be solely based on the influence ranks, why add another system, when tehy game already has one?

I might be willing to put CC into that, so yeah, the idea has merit imho.

PvP is easily solved: as soon as a player is PvP-tagged/engages in PvP, companions revert to baseline performance temporarily. The companion boost might just simply not be sold for PvP servers, as well.

Pay for something to get easy access to the hard content so you can get the rewards quicker ( or at all ) than other players who can't afford the boost?

Kind of sounds like P2P a bit.

A better compromise is have your OP companion mode but the rewards from content designed to be challenging etc. is removed/heavily nerfed if you choose to use OP companion mode.

That way all the people who supposedly find god mode such fun and can still have their fun, just nto earn anything from doing it ... seems fair.

Pay for something to get easy access to the hard content so you can get the rewards quicker ( or at all ) than other players who can't afford the boost?

A better compromise is have your OP companion mode but the rewards from content designed to be challenging etc. is removed/heavily nerfed if you choose to use OP companion mode.

That way all the people who supposedly find god mode such fun and can still have their fun, just nto earn anything from doing it ... seems fair.

As much sense as that is, If they did that it would spawn a plethora of qq threads about why they aren't getting anything for doing the missions.

I'd be perfectly alright with that. I don't play for rewards, only for story. And the Star Fortresses, alas, are part of the story (as in: destroying them is a presumed outcome within the narrative, and not doing so is missing out on that).

I'd be perfectly alright with that. I don't play for rewards, only for story. And the Star Fortresses, alas, are part of the story (as in: destroying them is a presumed outcome within the narrative, and not doing so is missing out on that).

You can destroy them on solo mode for the story.

As much sense as that is, If they did that it would spawn a plethora of qq threads about why they aren't getting anything for doing the missions.

Probably but after the rage they put forward this time and how they went about it I don't think they would have any justification to even try argue the point.

It was all about the "fun" for most of the ragers remember? :)