Companion Change Feedback

EricMusco

What I take exception to is the chorus of people claiming that the game is so impossible now that the comps don't kill everything or heal through stupid anymore. After the nerf, the game feels somewhat similar to what it did at launch.

While i agree with the difficulty of the game being not that hard to players that know and pull of things in this game that either level other saying hackers just because they do not know every thing we do. Does not mean we should make it hard on them just because they play 2 hrs a night. Because you are right the nerf was to harsh on them what i come to defense of is the people that are screaming the the game is to easy for me me me. So dam those other people opinions what so ever i am the majority here after all i should be a special snow flake so no one else should even enter this instance because i says right at the door elite me me me...

Edited by Neoforcer

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i come to defense of is the people that are screaming the the game is to easy for me me me. So dam those other people opinions what so ever i the majority here after all i should be a special snow flake so no one else should even enter this instance because i says right at the door elite me me me...

The same could be said of the "I want everything easy mode" crowd and their constant cries of "tryhard elitists ruining the game for little old me." They don't give a crap about what other groups feel about the issue and are just as toxic, maybe even more, than those so-called elitists.

Serious question: Should every player, regardless of skill or character development, be able to accomplish every achievement or clear all content in the game just because they play the game?

The same could be said of the "I want everything easy mode" crowd and their constant cries of "tryhard elitists ruining the game for little old me." They don't give a crap about what other groups feel about the issue and are just as toxic, maybe even more, than those so-called elitists.

Serious question: Should every player, regardless of skill or character development, be able to accomplish every achievement or clear all content in the game just because they play the game?

If you want a challenge, play without your gear on. Bam, instant challenge.

Because it just like with the ravagers thing last year some of us came to the defense of people saying yes i did it i do expect punishment please take it easy one me. Then you had the people attacking the "defenders" Saying they did it them self and how when punishment was handed out we all see as those "defenders" would not be able to post for day so when it happened and every one of the "defenders" still posted they raged even more. Because no one should care about there fellow gamer. After all we all soon forget it is a human being behind the pixel who is just like us they may not be as skilled but we should treat them with respect. Edited by Neoforcer

Because it just like with the ravagers thing last year some of us came to the defense of people saying yes i did it i do expect punishment please take it easy one me. Then you had the people attacking the "defenders" Saying they did it them self and how when punishment was handed out we all see as those "defenders" would not be able to post for day so when it happened and every one of the "defenders" still posted the raged even more. Because no one should care about there fellow gamer.

I was one of those Ravagers people who used the exploit on multiple characters, got BiS 198 stuff on most of my 60s and the only repercussion was the loss of the 192 schematics I'd learned. And yeah, I admitted to it before the punishments came out and yeah, I got raged at a lot and even more so when the punishment waves went out and nothing major happened to most players.

So, yeah. It's like that.

It is playable with companions, but sorry EAs effort to go Facebook on Players and tries to urge them to do either PVP or play in groups is a joke.

The companions should have been nerved but not for the extreme you did. I pay the subscription fee for this game and not EA, so I decide how i play my character not you. and If i use that H2s as me-time due to all the other stuff a guild does (raiding, flashpoints etc.) .. if EA has other plans PLEASE pay my subscription for a year or grant me lifetime access... but as long as MY MONEY supports your game please refrain from telling me how to play.

it is already a joke that you can'Tseparate PVP/PVE properly and you try to tell us PVE players "if you want that do childish stuff.. err PVP"

Bioware made such a big announcement that they wanted to go where players want to go

More story content, less typical MMO content... but SW TOR is still a World of Uselesscraft clone.. with a short story... the first 9 chapters eren't only worth 1 day of gametime, and off course were back to raiding 24/7

AND NOW : you nerved the companions to an extreme (15% less damage/heal would be suffice..) and the german t3m4 server is constantly lagging because it is overgrowded ...... and the german support is just a joke, not helping the players, that guys should all be fired.

Sorry for my rant but Bioware/EA don't give anything about players , at least not the PVE crowd which is about 70% of all players...

What a ton of uneducated BS!

Let's talk Bioware. Can you go through the Mass Effect series by just pressing one button, without at least some basic understanding about the class you play ?

YES. YES YES AND ONCE AGAIN YES. I completed ALL 3 GAMES without using a SINGLE ability once. I was playing good ol' 3rd person shooter with AI teammates without unrealistic abilities like slo-mo and other stuff. And it wasn't that hard even on the highest difficulty.

Dragon Age Origins is also soloable without abilities(Not on the Nightmare difficulty ofc). Just spend a few minutes ajusting tacts and gearing your companions - they will win a game for you even on Medium difficulty. You can literally stay afk for the most of the fights, except for Archdemon perhaps.

First Witcher is the only one which requires alchemy and signs for survival(and even here on the lowest difficulty game can be beaten by clicling). In the second and third alchemy and signs are a great help but everything can be completed without them even on the highest difficulty if you are quick enough. Of course, here you can't win fights while standing in afk, but hey, there are no companions either.

I was one of those Ravagers people who used the exploit on multiple characters, got BiS 198 stuff on most of my 60s and the only repercussion was the loss of the 192 schematics I'd learned. And yeah, I admitted to it before the punishments came out and yeah, I got raged at a lot and even more so when the punishment waves went out and nothing major happened to most players.

So, yeah. It's like that.

Very much so it not only was here but twitter facenoob and reddit with this one as well begging to think BW with ever expac need a ravagers issue lol. Only this time my hats off to BW for not being on vacation for 2 month while this was happening and actually responding faster for a change.

Edited by Neoforcer

YES. YES YES AND ONCE AGAIN YES. I completed ALL 3 GAMES without using a SINGLE ability once. I was playing good ol' 3rd person shooter with AI teammates without unrealistic abilities like slo-mo and other stuff. And it wasn't that hard even on the highest difficulty.

Shhs we have a don't ask don't tell policy here on AI because we are a = opportunity gamer's

Edited by Neoforcer

Responding to your question: Im just spoke for me. No i dont deserve get any archievement on the game just because I play it, that will be unfair, and i know than if i get some kind of ELITE archievement i must work my *** for it and gear and learn and all that stuff.

But thats only if i want that archievement if not i have a lot of things to do on the game than can bring me joy without the need of a hard challenge (again just talking for me not others) and keep my relax and casual play style. I just will looks at the ppl with great skill and say in a honest way "Congratulation".

Now i wana remark something i notice many are very angry because think all of us are asking for a GOD mode and wana the full back of companions to 4.0 and i cant deny some ppl are asking for that and i respec his opinion, but on the real side is than most of the ppl like me are just asking for a reasonable fix where our comps work like a real sidekick and not like a vanity pet. A companion for the ones like me running solo or casual that made the game fun. And for many of us the status of companions dont give us fun.

I just wana say to all the elite players with all respec than i understand why many are angry but at same time try to understand than the way everyone enjoy a game, a drink, the food, a woman. etc... is objective and no1 have the ultimate true on any. Im sure than most of the ppl complaining are not trying to **** your game style at least im not.

Soo please dont talk in a general way about all the "crying babies" and dont remember what other terms many use for, if you notice after the announcement from Eric many stop and are waiting and i belive are more than the ones still debating.

Thats all be safe a hug for all and sorry english not my firts language.

Just gonna point out that we're getting companion buffs on Monday. In case you missed it.

Nah, that's not the way I read it.

I read that they are going to announce a PLAN on Monday. Not a patch.

'Plan' to me means that they might do something in the future. That Might mean a patch on Tuesday, but I highly doubt it.

I bet they will roll that 'Plan' out along with the next Chapter, which I believe is in January.

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric

Thank you.

my main char is 65 sorc mostly 216 208 mix

the companions i use are allways for healing me

after the patch i die on alderaan lvl 35 hc companion engages in combat to frequantly and the heals they produce are pityfull

on my lvl 51 agent i cannot pass the admiral battle on illum the comapnion just loses grip on it and boom were all dead dave

aafter the initial 2-3 days it took to download this patch becuase of the luancher i have played to discover that its all gone to pot

i am strongly considering not playing untill this is resolved a fairly decent geared 65 sorc should NOT be getting ganked on a lvl 35 hc quest why pull us to relevent level just to reduce the healing we receive as well

Nah, that's not the way I read it.

I read that they are going to announce a PLAN on Monday. Not a patch.

'Plan' to me means that they might do something in the future. That Might mean a patch on Tuesday, but I highly doubt it.

I bet they will roll that 'Plan' out along with the next Chapter, which I believe is in January.

Incorrect. You should research things a bit more.

Which part is incorrect? I mean, I'm skeptical they'll wait until the next chapter to roll out changes, but we're not getting a patch on Monday. Eric made it pretty clear that all we're getting is information on what they're considering.

Which part is incorrect? I mean, I'm skeptical they'll wait until the next chapter to roll out changes, but we're not getting a patch on Monday. Eric made it pretty clear that all we're getting is information on what they're considering.

We're getting the 'plan' on Monday but I'm betting we get the patch on Tuesday.

We're getting the 'plan' on Monday but I'm betting we get the patch on Tuesday.

Why would you assume that? They've clearly only started working on planning etc. late this week, so they need time to get the patch ready.

I mean, I'm sure they'll spend a whopping 0 hours QAing the build, just as they did with this most recent patch, which will speed things up. But I'd be extremely surprised if they managed to move that quickly given that it took them days to even acknowledge that there was an issue with companions and players reactions.

Why would you assume that? They've clearly only started working on planning etc. late this week, so they need time to get the patch ready.

I mean, I'm sure they'll spend a whopping 0 hours QAing the build, just as they did with this most recent patch, which will speed things up. But I'd be extremely surprised if they managed to move that quickly given that it took them days to even acknowledge that there was an issue with companions and players reactions.

I have faith in BW.

Really? I havnt seen anything announcing buffs on Monday. I checked patch notes and dev tracker. Unless they made the announcement someplace else, like maybe Twitter.

Here. Read this again and please point out where they said that companions are actually getting buffed on Monday.

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric

I see they mention action items. But that doesn't really translate into an actual buff patch on Monday. An action item is just a high level task that needs to be addressed.

Other than that, all I see as far as announcements is that they are going to release a forum post highlighting their Plans.

I could be wrong, and actually hope I am wrong, but please correct me and show me where they have clearly said that companions are getting a buff on Monday.

Really? I havnt seen anything announcing buffs on Monday. I checked patch notes and dev tracker. Unless they made the announcement someplace else, like maybe Twitter.

Here. Read this again and please point out where they said that companions are actually getting buffed on Monday.

I see they mention action items. But that doesn't really translate into an actual buff patch on Monday. An action item is just a high level task that needs to be addressed.

Other than that, all I see as far as announcements is that they are going to release a forum post highlighting their Plans.

I could be wrong, and actually hope I am wrong, but please correct me and show me where they have clearly said that companions are getting a buff on Monday.

Tuesday.

Tuesday.

Where does it say Tuesday something will happen?

I mean, I think that would be nice, but I don't actually see anything in what they have posed that states it'll be that quick. In fact the more I think about it the more I hope they don't do fixes on Tuesday as I don't see them staying over the holliday to fix anything they break. :(

Where does it say Tuesday something will happen?

I mean, I think that would be nice, but I don't actually see anything in what they have posed that states it'll be that quick. In fact the more I think about it the more I hope they don't do fixes on Tuesday as I don't see them staying over the holliday to fix anything they break. :(

Wait for Tuesday. You'll see.