Companion Change Feedback

EricMusco

No offense, but this comment makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why would you be willing to pay to play on a test server (essentially paying to NOT play the actual game and give feedback), but be angry when they ask for your feedback on the play you were already doing anyway?

Because on a public test server it is your choice if you test it or not.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking and this is a legal question not troll. How they can measure by metrics if most of the players enjoy the game like was before 4.0.2 and now? I mean thats a personal way to feel and think on every player as it shows on all the post around the forum. Because for me is hard to find a way to measure that with just numbers :( and i think thats a important part on any game.

A simple poll on the game login screen, just a simple question a couple choices.

I think I will just repeat what a lot of people already said but I will still say.

I managed to solo most of the content, with the exception of soloing heroic SF. My gear is mostly 208, companions influence levels are 15-25.

So, the short answer to your questions is yes, you can still solo the content if you have some experience.

Was it fun, engaging as it was before? Let's just say that today I stopped playing an hour earlier than I usually do, which is bad, trust me. Gathering resources for the alliance became a drag. It is not yet irritating or annoying but it takes more time now and it's not fun anymore. At least for me.

Now, I'm not saying that you should fix it by returning it to the way it was before or that you should at least boost a little the companions in their current state. Because I know for certain that quite a lot of players enjoy the current state of companions to a point that they refuse to group up to do heroics 2+. They simply enjoy this challenge so much.

I already suggested it in other threads, that you should probably implement some sort of optional boost, like an additional skill or something. Those who want the challenging gameplay will not use it, and those who find the easier gameplay to be more fun will have an opportunity to enjoy game the way it was before the patch or close to it.

And in open world PvP areas this boost should simply have no effect, so it would not break the balance.

Add something similar to the item that removed the 12x Exp boost to the fleet vendor, have comps OP by default, buy the boost that brings comps to current nerfed state and stays until you use a new one to disable it = problem solved!

Is what I would like to believe, but I'm sure many of those who like the nerf will whine that everyone is nor forced to play the way they like still...

Guardian Tank mostly 208 gear mixed with some 216.

Using Veeroa who is Influence 17. Her heals I thought worked out nicely up until third array.

I'm pretty much stuck at third array in Tatooine Heroic SF. Was always slight hiccup before the comp nerf but now I surrender. Companion as healer just not getting it done. Comp as DPS can blow thru both Adds in seconds but not enough health between Comp and my Tank to survive. Comp as a Tank and myself as a tank again blow thru Adds fairly quick but not enough health. Using all cool downs etc. I enjoy a good challenge but hell this was nuts. Think I tried that third array 12 times last night before throwing in towel and walking away.

Not saying 4.0 companion heals wasn't on high side but the Nerf Nuke that was used on them was a tad too extreme other way.

May give it a try again tonight if the mood hits me.

Add something similar to the item that removed the 12x Exp boost to the fleet vendor, have comps OP by default, buy the boost that brings comps to current nerfed state and stays until you use a new one to disable it = problem solved!

Is what I would like to believe, but I'm sure many of those who like the nerf will whine that everyone is nor forced to play the way they like still...

That would be unfair then bad people can still do all the same content they can!

i have to agree with some of the stuff you talk about but were i disagree is low level new players. Every one talks about there experience as a player that has been playing since being a founder or i been playing a year. I been saying it a problem with new gamer's not i just picked up my 16 mara in green gear. after a year you know how the game engine works how to play other classes were to find out info. what not would you agree?

So in short not every on these forums represent the player base as a hole every one coming here is either and elder game member or well over a years worth of play time. There skill level is pretty high when i on planet i see new player complain they hat the change. as well as casual elder players. I am trying to point out making a blanket statement it is all good with out putting some thought into others game play is not feedback other then for your self. Some are being honest in this say i did not really have a issue but i think it was to much of a nerf for some peoples skill then there is others going screw them it about me me me.

Tell me: at what point has this game come so hard for new players? This is excaclty what I mean when I say people act like 4 years of this game never existed. Actually, I want that EVERYTHING will be reverted back how it was two months ago, just so that people would remember it. Do you all have alzheimers or what? SI got healer at Hoth. Class in cloth. Only one who got healer at first levels was Bounty Hunter. Not even trooper got that, and they are mirrors. You come to tell me about new players when I was one not so long ago. I'm not one here being me me me. I only expect people to manage what I did, and they even have it MUCH easier now. I had to start without any kind of a healer, and I did it as a preferred player. I was always underlevelled. All this craptalk about how worried you are about new players is just a smokescreen and a way for you lot to justify to yourselves your own demands of a game that does not make ANY demands for you.

I have noticed a new trend now: suddenly it is all about regen. Tomorrow it is something else that would make it acceptable that your God-healers are toned down to at least somewhat normal level.

This is an MMO-game, no matter how much you want it to be something else, and it means it expects people to grow in it. If someone has a mindset that they just start the game and blast through it without learning and without any will to better themselves, I have no understanding for them. They think learning and adapting is BELOW them. They think they deserve to be treated like some Victorian Damsels. This attitude is worse in this game than in any I have played before, and it is because this is a sub-based game. I'm very surprised about it. You go ***** about difficulty in some f2p-game and you are laughed out from the whole server.

Edited by tahol

Seems like a much better way than the forums to me also, never bothered posting till after the nerf.

Hell, not only would it be more accurate it would be less subjective too!

Make it a simple question:

"Rate from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest, your perceived level of enjoyment of the game before patch 4.0.2 and after 4.0.2"

Then have a box for "before" and one for "after", there accurate and quantifiable numbers to justify changes.

Instead they use their nebulous "metrics" which is not based on what we, the costumers, feel is right in terms of completion times and what not but what they feel is right. The old saying the costumer is king exist for a reason guys...

Tell me: at what point has this game come so hard for new players? This is excaclty what I mean when I say people act like 4 years of this game never existed.

When you are out on leveling planets and see people complaining they don't like the change. They can not do the content on leveling planets. I am saying people are selfish and call people 4 year old's when they do not want to accept other point of view does that make them a bad person no it is there opinion. Every one in titled to there own opinion. But when you don't agree try not insulting others please.

This is an MMO-game, no matter how much you want it to be something else, and it means it expects people to grow in it.

No, MMO-game means only one thing - that people get to play with many other people in a single environment. For such a game to be successful everyone who plays it should enjoy it to some degree. If suddenly a noticeable group of players stops enjoying the game, it doesn't mean that something wrong with these players. It means that something is wrong with the game and a balanced solution needs to be found.

As a casual player, I find this change very disappointing. I enjoy the leveling process of multiple characters and the fact that I can do it anytime I want and not have to worry about others being on. I don't see how you can justify how badly you nerfed the comps AND the level sync. Have one or the other. If this does not change fairly quickly... I will be unsubbing and moving to something different to spend my money on and enjoy my time with...

As a casual player, I find this change very disappointing. I enjoy the leveling process of multiple characters and the fact that I can do it anytime I want and not have to worry about others being on. I don't see how you can justify how badly you nerfed the comps AND the level sync. Have one or the other. If this does not change fairly quickly... I will be unsubbing and moving to something different to spend my money on and enjoy my time with...

Just cancel now and re-sub if/when they change it.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

-eric

Victory.

And now for torrents of tears from the people whose idea of a challenge is "hard" dailies, probably because they're unable to tackle real challenges such as Nightmare OPs

Hey folks,

-eric

Would you consider just rolling back the patch before the weekend what with the servers having stability issues with bodies not despawning?

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you

I thought things had changed, which is why I came back. Guess I was wrong but also right. Im not having any issues leveling and in fact, leveling is too easy- even post nerf. Then Eric writes, yeah, we want it to be that way. But do I, as your paying customer, want it to be that way? No, I don't. I want my companions to mean something during leveling or why have them in the first place?

That's the part that just irks me- this is the game we intend to give you, that tone, versus what type of game do you, as our paying customers, want. The tone is the same old top-down tone when the game first launched, none of those people are even around anymore.

I remember when my Sent took on the sith dude in the calling for help ship, one tough fight. Lots of posts on the forums on how to pin yourself between him and the ship. When you finally won, it felt like you had accomplished something. Just did a similar battle for my Shadow and I had the sith or whatever she was down in like 3-4 button pushes. And yes, I have some decent gear but not godly gear. Only one pink mod.

I have a low 50s, a high 40s and two mid-20s.

-Sentinel lvl 53 I think (have yet to respec and test)

-BH level 46 (have yet to respec and test)

-Serenity Shadow - Lvl 22. Walk through almost all content and typically leveling in areas 2 levels above me, with no problem. Heroics where I get a lot silver adds at once (over 3, if they are strong) or two strong golds can burn down my health fast and kill me, but I usually survive if all that doesn't happen at once. I just have to be very careful and its not all that fun in some heroics, in others- it is fun.

- Dirty Fighting Gunslinger - Lvl 22. All the same but he can survive a little longer, get away with a little more in heroics.

I have yet to redo a flashpoint post nerf.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric always a pleasure hearing form you you may see the heat of the player base but you handle it like a pro. Please pas this on we player love a starwars MMO and do want to see swtor grow. In the futer going forward please use pts with announcement on the alert screen so some can come test it and give feed back before you make a huge nerf. As you saw people are very passionate on both sides of the coin.

Hey folks,

-eric

Now please Eric, start out small and work your way to a point where we can all agree on a compromise.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for posting something, even if it's just to let us know we will have to wait longer.

I take it that this is confirmation that companions will remain as-is for at least the weekend? And by extension that the planetary lag caused by corpses not de-spawning will be unfixed throughout the weekend?

Hey folks,

-eric

How about an apology for this mess, and then put up that post now before you go home?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.