What happens when you cancel your subscription?

ShatteredFang

Hey All,

Genuine question here:

I have multiple toons, tons of unbound items, and quite a large amount of credits. What happens to all of that when you cancel your subscription? Does it automatically go to into an escrow or 'preferred status' or something like that or do you lose all of those items/creds/toons permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Hey All,

Genuine question here:

I have multiple toons, tons of unbound items, and quite a large amount of credits. What happens to all of that when you cancel your subscription? Does it automatically go to into an escrow or 'preferred status' or something like that or do you lose all of those items/creds/toons permanently?

Thanks in advance.

It just goes into preferred F2P status. Don´t think SWTOR has a limit on credits tho, when you are not subbed.

There are plenty of other restrictions tho. So might want to look it up on the front webpage.

But to answer the core question! No, you do not permanently lose anything when you unsub!

Edited by Jeronas

Hey All,

Genuine question here:

Thanks in advance.

You'll not lose anything permanently. Your cash will go into escrow - but some Cartel Coins can increase your limit. You'll only be able to play a certain fixed number of characters that you designate. Everything will be back to how it is now (again) as soon as you re-subscribe.

There is a credit limit and it goes to escrow being preferred. You will still be subbed for how many days you still have on your account. Also if you run a guild, you will lose being the GM unless everyone else is preferred. Then you'll still lose it as it will bounce around until their system realizes nobody is subbed then it becomes a F2P guild.

Any cash over 350k (I believe) goes into escrow and you can't access it without buying an item in the cash shop to get it out, or until you resub. Some character slots may be locked if you have more than a certain number of characters (I forget how many) until you resub or buy slot unlocks in the cash shop. You don't lose anything permanently

Preferred had 6 character slots available. You could buy more slots to unlock more characters. But with the 4.0 change to max characters, not sure if that still holds true. But back then you could only add a max of 10 additional slots to your account.

Now that subs can max up to 40, not sure if Preferred can max more too or not.

Hey All,

Genuine question here:

Thanks in advance.

You will gain a sense of enormous well being, finally being free of BW's shackles.

You will gain a sense of enormous well being, finally being free of BW's shackles.

Subscription cancelled and I already feel it. ;)

In all seriousness, it saddens me that it's come to this. I've been here since the beginning and thought I'd be here till the end, but unless BW takes some immediate action to find a mutually beneficial solution for this debacle I'll simply let my remaining time burn out.

That said, the false advertising, the bait and switch, and the utter lack of communication from them has left a lasting impression. Not sure how they can turn that aspect around for those impacted by their decisions.

Just to clarify on what everyone else has said:

Prefs have 6 characters, plus you can use 10 unlocks to get 16. So if you've used 10 unlocks you'll have 16 characters available. When your sub lapses you'll be able to choose which ones you want to keep active, the rest will go inactive so you can't use them. You cannot switch characters between active and inactive after you've picked them all.

And yes, everything over 350k credits will go into escrow. You get this really annoying bright red message in your chat every single time you gain cash over 350k that goes in your escrow (and you cannot hide or stop the warning), and a warning that you're nearing your limit when you reach 280k. Escrow transfers can be used to spend above your limit and use some of those escrow funds, like everything else now they're sold at insanely expensive prices on the GTN.

as far as more characters than 16. guess I'm going to find out in a week myself. I originally unlocked 22 character slots (as subscriber and old maximum) but with expac, there was an extra slot for that free lvl 60 and I bought another token on GTN to play around with it. I wonder if I get to keep those two, or if bioware will keep it at 16, still. was also wondering if I wanted to try it with character slot unlocks, but I don't have cartel coins left over, don't plan on buying any and current GTN prices on my main server (aka where I actualy have the credits) are kinda insane.

oh well.

as far as more characters than 16. guess I'm going to find out in a week myself. I originally unlocked 22 character slots (as subscriber and old maximum) but with expac, there was an extra slot for that free lvl 60 and I bought another token on GTN to play around with it. I wonder if I get to keep those two, or if bioware will keep it at 16, still. was also wondering if I wanted to try it with character slot unlocks, but I don't have cartel coins left over, don't plan on buying any and current GTN prices on my main server (aka where I actualy have the credits) are kinda insane.

oh well.

If you had 22 that means you've used ten unlocks so you should have access to the full 16 :) And nope, it stays at 16. While Bioware gave subs 2 free extras and increased their limit to 40, they didn't open anything new in terms of character slots up for pref or F2P.

Yeah, GTN prices for any sort of unlocks are just stupidly high...

Another thing to note: When you're pref you won't be able to get any lockbox rewards at all. This includes Heroics, so if you want the gear from those do it while your sub is still up, because once you go pref you will only get the crystals, not the lockboxes.

I'm not entirely sure about the Alliance lockboxes that you get past level 61 for Heroics, but I'm assuming it's probably the same, so chances are you won't be getting any of those from Heroics either.