Mass Exodus , due to patching, Nerf and bugs

Beachdudeca

If you compare game's money / play value ration of a subscription MMO to any other game then the subscription MMO's looses, and by a wide margin. Competing in the current game market means the $15 per month subscription fee is competing with a new game every month on Steam, maybe more if you shop carefully.

Which is why they should try to satisfy the largest portion of their player base at all times, regardless of what their personal views of what the game should be like are.

"Built it and they will come" doesn't work in 2015 because there's literally scores of developers building it hoping people come. If players are not happy, they will walk away and do something else, it's not like the old days where you had a captive audience for significant periods of time because there wasn't as many entries constantly being put on the market.

One can buy a lot of good games for those amounts.

Yeah, that 100 bucks a month that's not being spent here... is still being spent. I'm sure Paradox appreciates the fact I've been holding off buying games during pre order discounts to pay them full price on launch day. And they deserve that money, they actually engage their players in discussions about how games should be patched, and developed further. It's not corporate mouthpieces either, but lead developers and programmers who inhabit their forums.

Edited by Draqsko

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. was not that excited about Alliance to start with, but at least I was able to complete things with some work.

Now... my influence 50 characters are WORSE than my 3.0 companions that I geared myself.

I've a few months left in my SUB, but at this rate I'll likely just let it lapse as I'm no longer having fun with the grind.

Fallout 4 is pretty dang fun and too many other games (not EA ones) are just starting to come out.

Oh yea.. "Adapt or Quit" is just a stupid comment BTW... this debacle will cost this game sub's and that doesn't help the bottom line and keeping this game going long term.