Not to be that guy, but gear is not taking damage aka no repair bill needed

JourrnoRush

Not sure if throwing bone to crying companion crowd, but this should be fixed.

Players should pay for broken gear in pve for failing content. This forces players to have consequences for failing and motivation to get better.

It had to be said. Sorry.

Actually, there are repair bills even if you don't die. It just costs MORE if you die.

But, yeah, it's weird not having a repair bill.

Well its not just a companion-issue here. Pug raids can be hilarious train wrecks too just because one person didnt know what they were doing and caused everyone to get fixbills.

It doesnt encourage anyone to take newbies in group content either I'm sure.

Edited by Kiesu

I never realized that I would find it satisfying to pay for repairs to my armor. You'd think that I'd be all happy and "yeah!" about not having to pay for gear repair.... But somehow I feel like I didn't do anything, 'cause I ain't got damage to my gear that I got to pay to repair.

Ain't that strange?

Actually, there are repair bills even if you don't die. It just costs MORE if you die.

But, yeah, it's weird not having a repair bill.

It's seems a bit erratic. Usually normal questing does do very limited damage to your gear every now and then and you still need to repair your stuff even if you don't die. That does not seem to happen anymore, but sometimes there are repair bills.

Last time I had to repair my gear was after I did a few space fighter games. I am certain that my gear was alright before that and I did nothing but stand in my stronghold and manage my crew skills between the games. That's curious... a space fighter game should not usually damage your gear, but in this instance it appears it did.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

I've been playing 3 characters regularly since the last patch - numerous deaths in FP's (including 3 at the end of HM Battle of Rishi) and none of them have required a single repair yet.

If some people are still getting repair charges - very weird.

I've been playing 3 characters regularly since the last patch - numerous deaths in FP's (including 3 at the end of HM Battle of Rishi) and none of them have required a single repair yet.

If some people are still getting repair charges - very weird.

<update> I got to lvl 10 or so and I stopped needing to repair :D I hope it stays that way for a long time

on my imperial version of the gunslinger, sniper I think it is? I started a new character so I get 8/8.. any way, I need to repair :/ only for my trooper that uses heavy armour I have to repair, not sure if the heavy armour has anything to do with it?

But I dont suddenly think, oh now I must upgrade my armour so I dont need to repair as much, im thinking enjoy the cheap repairs while they last! they cost a boat load after lvl 50 I find, I rarely fall to my death as well, mainly after battle, I think the repair should be taken away for subs at least, just like paying to learn new abilities, I was not here for that, but I am sure glad I was not! :D pointless to have imo

Edited by ggregoriou