As a Founder, left came back... absolutely done

Tynie

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but wanted to part with this:

Re: Companions... Dangle that carrot then take away. What a kick to the groin... it's astonishing how poorly BW has handled this.

I am a founder that played and quit due to the absolute aggravation of forcing casuals to find groups to do normal grindy weeklies and dailies. After more than a 1.5 year hiatus, a friend convinced me to come try KOTFE... and I loved it. The beauty of this new expansion was the fact that if my guild mates were online, I could run things with them, if not, I could whip out my companion and do what I please. The first two weeks of KOTFE were an absolute joy, I was finally able to run what I wanted to and able to have FUN by myself if needed. Now, after spending the time, credits and coins raising my companion to 50 influence, we are being punished by knee jerk reactions made by the 1% elite who play this game 24/7.

That's it for me, last straw. I'm canceling and letting my subscription end. You won't see me back here again b*tching about not getting my way. There's FAR too many good games out there to put up with these irresponsible and horrible business decisions. I'll take my money elsewhere and that's the end of that.

I could not agree more with the OP.

It's exactly how I feel. Came back for the 3rd time (and with some trepidation) only to find things totally different to the way I last played. I loved it. My son loved it.

Now? Well, you know the rest...

People need to stop thinking that founder means something in this game, it doesn't. It does not make you "a special snowflake". Founder does not even mean you where here for the start. You got the title if you were subscribed around march 2012, 4 months after the release of the game.

I'm glad people with that kind of attitude leave.

PS: If you think i'm jealous, i'm not. I got the title also.

Edited by Alkuzar

People need to stop thinking that founder means something in this game, it doesn't. It does not make you "a special snowflake". Founder does not even mean you where here for the start. You got the title if you were subscribed around march 2012, 4 months after the release of the game.

It's the equivalent of a Yelper asking a restraunt manager "Do you know who I am?!?!?!?!?!?"

I believe he mentioned it just to give a quick insight into what experience he has with SW:TOR; the length of time he played or the fact that he has not just come to the game a week ago...

You're a little bit over-defensive there, me thinks! You might want to calm down, mate.

why even post this lol.

guess someone else is also trying to inflate their opinion as important too... who cares? Founder/not founder you completely avoided the topic and slapped a big fat ad-hominem up

Edited by Dumack

I believe he mentioned it just to give a quick insight into what experience he has with SW:TOR; the length of time he played or the fact that he has not just come to the game a week ago...

You're a little bit over-defensive there, me thinks! You might want to calm down, mate.

Nah, i'm just sick over the people b*tching about the so called companion nerf. I couldn't care less, I don't rely on my companion to play this game.

I just wonder how many of these people played before 4.0 and managed to do things, and now they suddenly get there godmode removed they feel the need to quit the game.

Really if you have to rely on an A.I. to play a game, why even bother?

Edited by Alkuzar

Nah, i'm just sick over the people b*tching about the so called companion nerf. I couldn't care less, I don't rely on my companion to play this game.

I just wonder how many of these people played before 4.0 and managed to do things, and now they suddenly get there godmode removed they feel the need to quit the game.

I will tell you why I am. Its called my time! and that most of the people I played with left my server and moved because ranked pvp que was so bad. But I stayed to see what the expansion was going to be like. It wasn't great but hay it wasn't a waste of my time I could run dailies play alts blah blah blah. tonight felt like a grind, that's why i'm mad.

@Andrellma

Do you work for marketing? I see you trying to put out some fires on these forums there, fanboy...

I'm hardly a fanboy. In fact, if you look through my post history, you can find plenty of examples where I've been critical of BioWare/EA for their practices both here and in other games.

I just think people are blowing the whole companion nerf thing way out of proportion, just like they do every time there is a nerf on anything.

I don't think you see the whole argument, mate.

I don't think everyone is complaining about the fact that there WAS a nerf. Hell, I'll even go so far as to say that - although I hoped to the contrary - I did expect that a nerf of some sort WOULD eventually come!

I think people are wholly annoyed as to the WAY it has all been handled:

* Prescribing a new direction and single-player approach; hence the changes to comp's. Then they change it back.

* Not replying on forums to people hoping for nerfs / hoping against nerfs.

* Bringing in an over-the-top nerf that is just downright crazy without it even being TESTED.

People get annoyed if company's treat them like this, mate. It makes people vocal and rage. It really does not EVER have to happen. Who's fault is that...? I'll let you chew on it...

Edited by SPAMBAM

I don't think you see the whole argument, mate.

I don't think everyone is complaining about the fact that there WAS a nerf. Hell, I'll even go so far as to say that - although I hoped to the contrary - I did expect that a nerf of some sort WOULD eventually come!

I think people are wholly annoyed as to the WAY it has all been handled:

* Prescribing a new direction and single-player approach; hence the changes to comp's. Then they change it back.

* Not replying on forums to people hoping for nerfs / hoping against nerfs.

* Bringing in an over-the-top nerf that is just downright crazy without it even being TESTED.

People get annoyed if company's treat them like this, mate. It makes people vocal and rage. It really does not EVER have to happen. Who's fault is that...? I'll let you chew on it...

Oh i never said i agree with the way BW handles things, they are a crappy company, customer service and communication wise.

But 90% of the threads about the nerf, are about the nerf alone, not how they handle things around, before and after the nerf.

I also expected a nerf sometime for companions, but that you don't think that most of them are complaining about the nerf is wrong. Most of them are, for over a week, that was also shown in the threads they removed 2 days ago.

I knew a nerf would come they were OP, with that being said I did think that they would work out all the companion bugs first. and they didn't . Instead they nerfed companions and the bugs are even more obvious now because the companions being OP kinda made up for the bugs.

Well, I think we can all agree on some issues:

* BW are viewed as not being good with customer relations.

* A nerf was expected.

* The nerf has been rolled out without any form of testing whatsoever.

* The nerf is too far (according to many, many posts).

Well, let's now see what happens.

(And, in spite of being in a position of having to put myself in the 'Contradiction Corner', I will say right now: if this gets addressed quickly and professionally, I will remain subbed. For what it's worth, I hope that happens. But by all the might of Asgard, I tell you now, if it's not, I shall be gone...)

Edited by SPAMBAM

I will tell you why I am. Its called my time! and that most of the people I played with left my server and moved because ranked pvp que was so bad. But I stayed to see what the expansion was going to be like. It wasn't great but hay it wasn't a waste of my time I could run dailies play alts blah blah blah. tonight felt like a grind, that's why i'm mad.

MMORPG's are in general a grind. This game even though they try to focus on single player aspects more is still an MMORPG. Sure the storyline is excellent for people who play alone. But most of the optional stuff is a grind. So people who have more time will be quicker done with it, if you have less time, it will just take you more time to finish it. Does that not mean you can enjoy the game longer untill they come out with a new part of the story. The people who have time enough can finish everything in 3 weeks after it got released, including all the optional stuff. And they have to wait and pass time with the same stuff all week, like raids, warzones, flashpoints. The multiplayer part of this game or grind as some people know and call it,

And no offence, but the fact you don't have enough time to finish stuff as fast as others, is your problem not others, so i don't see time as a reason to complain about things, everyone can finish anything in this game, for some it will be fast for others it will take longer. But if you don't like that the time in the game goes on when your not able to play, stick to a single player game. (Not talking to your personal but more too everyone who complains about the time they are able to invest in a game.)

Edited by Alkuzar

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but wanted to part with this:

Re: Companions... Dangle that carrot then take away. What a kick to the groin... it's astonishing how poorly BW has handled this.

I am a founder that played and quit due to the absolute aggravation of forcing casuals to find groups to do normal grindy weeklies and dailies.

exactly what dailies and weeklies were forced grouping beyond button pushing at the end of the heroic 4 in Section x?

Lets go through the list

Black Hole? Completely soloable from start to finish

Section X? Content was soloable but you did have to get 3 others for the button pushing at end of H4 mission

Belasvis dailies? Completely soloable from day 1

Oricon? Completely soloable

CZ? Needed partner for Labs and Meltdown originally but even those became soloable when level raise went to 60

Ilum? Completely soloable from day 1 of content

Rishi dailies? Completely soloable

Yavin Dailies and weekly? Completely soloable

Am I missing something

So what are these forced grouping dailies and weeklies you speaking of?

I am a fonder as well (and a special snowflake, I have the title telling me so) and was a closed beta tester and this game has always been soloable from before it even released or went into open beta

So please tell me what was forced grouping in your massively overboard exageration

PS: There never has been and still is no grind in SW:TOR

Its literally the easiest MMORPG ever made in the history of MMORPG genre

When WOW released it was very accurately refered to as "A MMORPG on Training wheels" for its insanely easy game play and lack of challenging content.

SWTOR makes WOW look down right hardcore nightmare mode when comparing the difficulty of the games.

Edited by Kalfear

Bro I'm stuck on Bastion Server, and no I wont leave to go to another server unless its a brand new server and they are going do a server merger. I cant play GSF, or ranked pvp because the que time is way way to long and I have the gear full mod already on one on my characters. So i was just grinding dallies and heroics to pass the time. and would jump on a alt and run them from time to time. Now I don't even want to log on because yes call me crazy by why would I want to do something over and over again that now takes double the time.

Black Hole? Completely soloable from start to finish

I don't remember it being completely soloable for a fresh level 50 character.

In fact, for my second level 50 Sage, who had nearly no gear mailed from my other level 55 character, Black Hole was just a pain. My char died so many times I just couldn't believe it because I had always read in these foums how easy Black Hole was ...

With level 60+, yes, it is completely soloable ... Which you don't mention ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hey JP, how much do clothes cost in the Matrix?

Than don't read the posts, reduce your caffeine intake, give your superiority complex the day off, and read a book instead.

If you don't like other people having an opinion, or making a statement, than you should avoid a forum where people are encouraged to voice their opinions.

And no offence, but the fact you don't have enough time to finish stuff as fast as others, is your problem not others, so i don't see time as a reason to complain about things, everyone can finish anything in this game, for some it will be fast for others it will take longer. But if you don't like that the time in the game goes on when your not able to play, stick to a single player game. (Not talking to your personal but more too everyone who complains about the time they are able to invest in a game.)

Bioware should hire you really so that they can kill the game even faster.

Lets get rid of all the casuals and make this game more of a grid for those with unlimited time. We all know MMOS which cater to basement dwellers are always a smash hit right?

Clearly you know it all.

Edited by Gorrdan