Cannot proceed with Rishi class story quest

Ezrat

I have a mission called "Barsen'thor's Legacy" which is a Purple Class Mission.The mission is not able to be completed. I can not abandon the mission and resetting the mission does nothing.It shows the following:

Tasks: Complete Class mission Story Arc to Progress.

Description: It states that I need to complete the Class Mission "Chaos and Harmony" in order to proceed with Barsen'thor's Legacy.

Where do I find/get this Class Mission so I can complete my Story Arc?

I am a Jedi Shadow level 65

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not mentioned earlier, the Smuggler is also affected.

WARNING TO ANYONE WANTING TO SKIP VIA STARTING KotFE! There are hidden Rishi achievements for completing these missions on each class. If you skip (no choice on insta-60s) you will not get this achievement for the class you skip with.

I hear what you're saying about the first point, but all of the missions mentioned in this thread are all the class stories on Rishi. The fact that all of them aren't coming up, not just the one for warriors, says, to me at least, that the problem isn't exclusive to one class. I've already submitted a bug report last night for my part, so now we're just waiting to hear back that they've taken our concerns into account at the very least.

Edit: Just got a response back and it's the usual automated message for a bug report. At least it was sent to Quality Assurance and not just discarded outright.

My mistake. I'm still very new to this game, and I did not realize that everyone was talking about the equivalent mission for their class. If every class has a class mission on Rishi that activates at the same point in the story, then you're absolutely right. It's entirely possible that it's the same exact cause for all classes. At this point it sounds like the bug can affect any class, but isn't guaranteed to affect every player.

On an unrelated and more depressing note, my ticket has disappeared. I'm now experiencing the same problem tbrian reported, where my ticket doesn't show up and the help window just stays stuck on "Updating". I can't even submit a new ticket! Pretty discouraging after only having played a month :(

I really hope it is unusual for issues this common and severe to go this long without being acknowledged/addressed.

My mistake. I'm still very new to this game, and I did not realize that everyone was talking about the equivalent mission for their class. If every class has a class mission on Rishi that activates at the same point in the story, then you're absolutely right. It's entirely possible that it's the same exact cause for all classes. At this point it sounds like the bug can affect any class, but isn't guaranteed to affect every player.

On an unrelated and more depressing note, my ticket has disappeared. I'm now experiencing the same problem tbrian reported, where my ticket doesn't show up and the help window just stays stuck on "Updating". I can't even submit a new ticket! Pretty discouraging after only having played a month :(

I really hope it is unusual for issues this common and severe to go this long without being acknowledged/addressed.

It is unusual. I haven't seen a bug go this long without some kind of comment from someone. With a big holiday (for the US anyway) just around the corner, I hope that they haven't just put all bugs and other problems aside until Friday. The fact that your ticket has disappeared is rather disconcerting though. I hope that it still went through.

Sorcerer class quest same issue can't start the Secret of the Darkest Star even though I have completed the Dark Council. Submitted a bug report and now my help window is also stuck on 'Updating'. Can we please get an update as I can't progress into KotFE without completing the class quest since I don't want to miss out on the storyline. TIA

Same problem here on my Sith Warrior. Should I move to Yavin 4 and progress the story or wait till they find a solution to this? Will submitting a ticket help or are they already on the task? Since I see here this is wide spread and affecting all.

I just encountered this problem on my Consular.

I will not tolerate this nonsense and demand a fix now!

NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW!

I'm a subscriber and every single second counts! I don't have time for this!

I too just got hit with this bug on my sith warrior on Jedi Covenant. I have the quest to meet the contact, but cannot actually do so because it tells me to finish my class story quest too. Problem is I have finished that class story quest a long time ago. No way to reset, etc.

It's quite unacceptable for this bug to still be around and not even acknowledged as something BW is looking into or even aware of.

I am having a little trouble doing Shadow of Revan. I got the hook for the class specific story line line when I got the mission to do Blood Hunt as well. The trouble is: I can't do it.

The mission description for "The Scars We Bear" (Jedi Knight) says:

You cannot progress in this mission without finishing your class story arc. Complete the mission Doomsday to procedd.

That is strange in so far as I did finish the Jedi Knight story. I liiked it up. It appears that "Doomsday" had been the mission to

defeat the Emperor in the old temple on Dromund Kaas.

I did skip a lot of things, I did not do Ilum, Oricon, Makeb but none of those are class stories and the mission Doomsday definitely is completed. The character in question is "Nuriette" on "The Progenitor". (I dunno ... can the devs do things like make copies of existing characters into an internal testing environment in order to reproduce problems?)

Does anyone know a work-around for this?

Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem. As you can see "The Scars We Bear" is the only class mission the character currently has and yet it requires different class missions to be completed first.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80858568/Screenshot_2015-11-22_12_47_28_851364.jpg

Same on my Inquisitor.

I wouldn't mind too much if I hadn't been told and seen from a number of sources that it's one of the best Rishi class stories so I don't really want to miss out which means holding off on KotFE.

Edited by Thrumple
misspelling

I have a mission called "Barsen'thor's Legacy" which is a Purple Class Mission.The mission is not able to be completed. I can not abandon the mission and resetting the mission does nothing.It shows the following:

Tasks: Complete Class mission Story Arc to Progress.

Description: It states that I need to complete the Class Mission "Chaos and Harmony" in order to proceed with Barsen'thor's Legacy.

Where do I find/get this Class Mission so I can complete my Story Arc?

I am a Jedi Shadow level 65

Same...I just now experienced this. I know I have completed all the story arcs. I submitted a ticket a few minutes ago.