The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Lighting...

Daeclue

Force lightning does 450 a tick, 5 ticks per channel, each channel is 3 seconds. So best case scenario it does like 2250 damage over 3 seconds. Keep in mind pushback removes ticks though. With pushback it's going to be 1800 if speced for pushback reduction or 1350 without pushback reduction. At 2250 damage per 3 second channel and assuming the average player has 13k hp, it will take 17 seconds to kill someone spamming force lightning. Now obviously i'm not taking into account crit, but with 25% crit it would be an average of 2700 damage per 3 second channel or 14 seconds to kill someone (and this is not considering pushback, it's realistically closer to 17-20 seconds).

THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! 14 seconds to kill someone?! ZOMG, DIS IS OP GUIS! /sarcasm

Love how irrational and moronic 99% of the posters are on gaming forums. This is 3rd grade level math everyone should be capable of. If people would take 3 seconds to logically think about things instead of being uneducated, ignorant *******es, this world would be such a better place.

But that would require the slightest hint of common sense which is downright blasphemous in this day and age.

I really wish people would just stop to think for a second and instead of just incessantly whine about every little thing. To look at what happened and then make a strategy to counteract it. To learn the opposing class and actually utilize their own and not blame the class for their inability to press more then 1 and 2. But guess that is asking to much of the average gamer.

Really wish I had a screen shot because I'm sure people won't believe me but a sorcerer in a WZ earlier today had 420k damage, 72 kills, 32 killing blows, and 75k heals. That is just crazy to have one class that can do it all. Edited by pathologie

Really wish I had a screen shot because I'm sure people won't believe me but a sorcerer in a WZ earlier today had 220k damage, 72 kills, 32 killing blows, and 75k heals. That is just crazy to have one class that can do it all.

220k damage is little. 72 kills is a lot, deviding on total damage done its 3,5k damage per "kill" heh. Seems just finished people off with chain lightning or something.

Sorc can get much more damage than 220, and more heals also. Same goes for just about every class at lvl 50. 300k+ damage for tank classes is not rare to see.

Surprisingly, highest damage classes, snipers and assassins rarely get that much, since they kill single targets, while tanks and mages can spam they attacks all the time.

Force lightning does 450 a tick, 5 ticks per channel, each channel is 3 seconds. So best case scenario it does like 2250 damage over 3 seconds. Keep in mind pushback removes ticks though. With pushback it's going to be 1800 if speced for pushback reduction or 1350 without pushback reduction. At 2250 damage per 3 second channel and assuming the average player has 13k hp, it will take 17 seconds to kill someone spamming force lightning. Now obviously i'm not taking into account crit, but with 25% crit it would be an average of 2700 damage per 3 second channel or 14 seconds to kill someone (and this is not considering pushback, it's realistically closer to 17-20 seconds).

THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! 14 seconds to kill someone?! ZOMG, DIS IS OP GUIS! /sarcasm

Love how irrational and moronic 99% of the posters are on gaming forums. This is 3rd grade level math everyone should be capable of. If people would take 3 seconds to logically think about things instead of being uneducated, ignorant *******es, this world would be such a better place.

except when theres 2-3 inquis casting on u at the same time..derp...= dead in seconds

i like how no one wants to mention force lightning for just 2 points has a extra 10% chance to crit, and whill force lightning is hiting you you are taking damage from 2 other dots he put on you AND force lightning can proc to make another spell isntant cast and do 20% more damage

not even mentioning force lightning ALONE can lock down a melee without his charge up and do major damage with lucky crit strings that are easy to get because of the 10% crit talent

this class is a joke and i enjoy the easy mode, but eventually itll get boring and they should nerf this class, not waste time trying to buff every other class to be onpar

Edited by Bejita

If this doesnt get nerfed im gone..my god..insane dmg..CC and spamable and the range is a joke..its so OP

i have to agree this is usualy spammed on me from like half way acros the freaking map. mirror class's my foot. imperials get more damage and better versions of their abilitys.

yes i hear you i know your pain.im also sick of the crap.

220k damage is little. 72 kills is a lot, deviding on total damage done its 3,5k damage per "kill" heh. Seems just finished people off with chain lightning or something.

Sorc can get much more damage than 220, and more heals also. Same goes for just about every class at lvl 50. 300k+ damage for tank classes is not rare to see.

Surprisingly, highest damage classes, snipers and assassins rarely get that much, since they kill single targets, while tanks and mages can spam they attacks all the time.

Erm its was 420k. But a class that can do ALL of that? I mean fine have the great damage, fine have the ability to heal but you have out healed healers at that point. It's just winning for sages/sorcerers. I just enjoy classes having their own niche and importance in a wz, and when one class can do everything it's no fun anymore. At least for me.

OK, first thing first. Inquisitor is what is going to show up in Warzones, Sorc is something that breaks off of them.

Force Lightning is Amazing, I love it. I've noticed that every class (to my knowledge), EVERY CLASS gets a 4 second lock out skill. I try to use mine, I don't think it works properly, but anyhow. Force Lightning is channeled and lockout skill is on a 12-15 second cooldown. Easy enough to screw that spamming sucker there.

As a level 36 Sorc I have yet to crit above 2k, and that was on Death Field. I have however been hit for 3k by the Assassian and Snipers.....and possibly others. I doubt I will ever seen the 2.5K damage crit trophe and the 5K one is a pipe dream.

I've noticed in Warzones that some classes have some awesome force resistance. and I've had my Force Lightning tick for 150 on Powertechs.....GOD THIER DEFENSE IS SO MASSIVE!!!!

Anyhow, the spell is nice, it isn't gamebreaking though. Most players who are decent use it in the rotation waiting for other stuff to come off CD or "proc." I'm pretty sure other classes have a way to get to the other classes. I know Inquisitor get sprint, Warriors get Charge, and Bounty Hunters get the Scorpion. Thus closing the distance shouldn't be that huge of a deal. The 50% snare is laughable also. In Huttball it doesn't even stack against the ball carrier.

Is it a great spell? TOTALLY! Is it game breaking? NO!!! Does it get spammed alot and potentially a reason for the lag? Probably?

But I do understand the Furstration, I've been on the recieving end of the Lightning feeling like a Lightning Rod. But that isn't the ability to pick at for a nerf. Trust me on this as people level up. There is one far more game breaking ability to complain about comming.

Erm its was 420k. But a class that can do ALL of that?

He only did 420k because either the rest of his team were mostly healers or everyone else was bad so there was more damage opportunities for him. Any class can do 400k+ damage with ideal conditions.

But on to the point, every single class can do that. I can do 250k+ damage and 75k defense as an assassin easily. I can do 250k+ damage as a smuggler scrapper with 75k+ healing easily. I can do 250k+ damage and 75k+ healing as a trooper easily. That's at low levels too (under level 25 on all of them), at level 50 with good gear stomping on level 10's, breaking 400k+ total output would be pretty trivial especially if you're farming nubs the entire time to draw the match out as long as possible. Like on void star, camp their GY and just wait until there's 10 seconds left to win the round.

Also, keep in mind, the slower it takes you to kill someone the more total damage you will do. A burst class like an assassin or scrapper can kill people in about 6 seconds so there's little to no opportunity for that person to get healed (and once that player is dead they can no longer pad the meters).