How To Remove Bitraider and Patch normally.

knowmyname

Just to let anyone else out there who might be willing to ditch bitraider know, I did so too and my download was going well (5-10 mbps, yay) until one point when I got this error: 310 (sometimes it was 311) which effectively cut off my download. I see that now it's working, slowly though.

My point is that you shouldn't expect a trouble-free download even if you switch to SSN. You might get lucky, of course, but you might not. The problem isn't just with bitraider it seems.

EDIT: yeah, it stopped again.

I'm almost certain it continues from the point where it lost connection upon restart. So it's not a big deal.

Just did that remove. Worked properly.

Just as i am used to such 3rd party stuff, i copied the whole installation of swtor before. Then disabled Bitraider. Game wanted to download -> copied back the backup from before beside the config file and the unnecessary Bitraider crap.

No download necessary except the files required. Took like 3 minutes on my 20Mbit. No isues anymore. Is a bit tricky, but once you got it, it is easy. The registry stuff is quite more annoying, Bitraider has a ton of friggin null-entries. Shows how crappy this stuff is made.

You could have given credit to OwenBrooks since you are sharing his fix.

NOTE this is a complete download again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

You could have given credit to OwenBrooks since you are sharing his fix.

It is that NO COMPLETE DOWNLOAD is necessary, only a few files changed.

It is that i didnt tell how to fix it, but what to do to NOT DONWLOAD COMPLETELY AGAIN.

Read? Understand? Then post?

It is that i didnt tell how to fix it, but what to do to NOT DONWLOAD COMPLETELY AGAIN.

I did read... I didn't question the parts that were added but the choice to remove the link to Owen's fix plagiarizing his portion of the work represented here.

Just to let anyone else out there who might be willing to ditch bitraider know, I did so too and my download was going well (5-10 mbps, yay) until one point when I got this error: 310 (sometimes it was 311) which effectively cut off my download. I see that now it's working, slowly though.

My point is that you shouldn't expect a trouble-free download even if you switch to SSN. You might get lucky, of course, but you might not. The problem isn't just with bitraider it seems.

EDIT: yeah, it stopped again.

Id guess you messed something up on your end and still have BitRaider or its something else unrelated going on. Everyone I have shown how to get rid of bitraider has never had a problem with the download. One guy's was pretty slow, but he was doing it last night while everyone and their cousin were trying and failing to patch because of bioware's poor decision making skills.

original post is here

Unless something has changed since I last look at this , going from non streaming (SSN) to streaming (Bitraider) is not a new game download.

But going from Bitraider back to SSN is a new game install, hence deleting the folders , it was found the bitraider used files remained and became duplicated on the SSN install effectively doubling the disk space used.

Only exception to this was if both versions existed (double disk usage) already then it used the existing files.

If this can be proven to be incorrect , happy to update the post ....

Edit - I will ask at AnswersHQ to get a definitive official answer.

Also have reproduced that post now at AnswersHQ here in case the old CS Forum is deleted.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Ah great, i did as you said, now the laucher.settings file is gone, can't undo the stuff and now need to redownload the entire game. :(

Hey, at least y'all aren't stuck with that BitRaider shinola and having to use the <expletive-deleted> slow wireless I have to deal with in this motel. Everything was fine even in the motel (including being able to play KotFE) -- until that 4.0.2 "patch" came out, that is. Then the patcher refused to update a frakin' single byte of the game client until after I changed it to not use Bitraider. Now I'm on day 3 of waiting for the entire download of the game client.

(and no, I don't need to answer why i'm doing this in a motel :p)

I got sick because of this Bitraider piece of crap downloading software. Last patch made my SWTOR "deleted" now I have to re-download entire 30GB again, the fact is I have slow connection and BitRaider made my HDD slave, everytime I download a patch via bitraider I keep getting "performance warning" from my Norton 360 says Bitraider uses intensive HDD activity both write and read.

you know what? I'm NOT going to download entire game again and I dont want to leave my PC open at nights to download a MMO game, I did have horrible experiences about that in past like frying my GPU- besides why should I? Its NOT my fault.

BioWare have to fix their crap, I'm a long-standing subscriber and see what I got?