PVE Only Server

Ellorah

If you are a completionist how is it a choice?

It's a choice to be a completionist. You aren't required to do everything in the game. You CHOOSE to try and complete everything. That's fine, nothing wrong with that, but you don't get to complain about being required to do something necessary to complete every task.

if you always finish something you start but it forces a play style you Chose to avoid by joining a PvE server. How is it a choice? I do understand what you mean and where you come from. But how many people do you think spend the time and get excited about a reward from a quest only to get disappointment when they find out they have to risk pvp to complete it? To those who will no doubt reply "do your research", get off the internet as you are clearly oblivious to how casually people use the net.

I imagine that there are literally thousands of people in that situation. But if people "get excited about a reward" then I don't see how the devs can win. Basically, if PvP is given any reward that a player who hates PvP wants, then immediately they come on and claim they are being "forced" to PvP. They aren't. They just aren't able to choose between two very reasonable alternatives:

1) Do what it takes to earn the reward;

2) Forego the reward.

Either is a choice. Both are legitimate choices. If you choose to try and complete everything, then #1 might be what you want, even if you don't want to do what it takes.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a completionist how is it a choice? if you always finish something you start but it forces a play style you Chose to avoid by joining a PvE server. How is it a choice? I do understand what you mean and where you come from. But how many people do you think spend the time and get excited about a reward from a quest only to get disappointment when they find out they have to risk pvp to complete it? To those who will no doubt reply "do your research", get off the internet as you are clearly oblivious to how casually people use the net.

You are choosing to be a "completionist." To support that choice, I imagine you have to do things that are not ideally suited to you fairly regularly. It is your choice to complete the recruitment. You can also "complete" the mission by CHOOSING to NOT recruit the companion.

But, of course, reason doesn't fit your position, so I'll just stop typ

On a PvP server there is the possibility of PvP all the time. RP of course could be done in the sanctuaries, but doubt there are many quests there for PvEers.

All he is asking for is to have a PvE server similar to the current PvP servers. Of course the majority of PvPers would hate that, as all the other servers emptied to that server.

There is one difference between pvp and pve servers. That on a pvp server you are consenting to being permanently flagged for pvp, that's it. There are no difference in quests or any game content between any of the server designations.

Conversely, the only thing different on a PvE server from a pvp server is that in order to participate in open world pvp you have to voluntarily flag yourself in some way of which there are four methods.

1. Toggle the pvp flag by right clicking on your portrait.

2. Run into an opposing faction base area and the game will give you a 10 second warning countdown.

3. Target and attack a flagged player of the opposite faction.

4. Target a flagged player of your own faction and heal them or your companion heal them.

How to avoid this if you don't want to pvp, don't toggle flag is obvious, stay away from enemy bases is also obvious, turn off auto target enemies and don't tab target too quickly; lastly, don't group with flagged players.

It's a choice to be a completionist. You aren't required to do everything in the game. You CHOOSE to try and complete everything. That's fine, nothing wrong with that, but you don't get to complain about being required to do something necessary to complete every task.

I imagine that there are literally thousands of people in that situation. But if people "get excited about a reward" then I don't see how the devs can win. Basically, if PvP is given any reward that a player who hates PvP wants, then immediately they come on and claim they are being "forced" to PvP. They aren't. They just aren't able to choose between two very reasonable alternatives:

1) Do what it takes to earn the reward;

2) Forego the reward.

Either is a choice. Both are legitimate choices. If you choose to try and complete everything, then #1 might be what you want, even if you don't want to do what it takes.

And there is a choice with server construction as well, or is that something than is forbidden to bring up?

If you are a completionist how is it a choice? if you always finish something you start but it forces a play style you Chose to avoid by joining a PvE server. How is it a choice? I do understand what you mean and where you come from. But how many people do you think spend the time and get excited about a reward from a quest only to get disappointment when they find out they have to risk pvp to complete it? To those who will no doubt reply "do your research", get off the internet as you are clearly oblivious to how casually people use the net.

Being a completionist is is a choice.

Edited by g_land

Ha nota chance, as one character can be different from another, or has the rpg aspects of your brain failed you?

Lol whaaaaaat? xD

It's like you're agreeing there should still remain to be PvP achievements. And here I thought you wanted all PvP related things ousted from PvE servers, despite the PvP achievements remaining, and thus never having completed all achievements...

There is one difference between pvp and pve servers. That on a pvp server you are consenting to being permanently flagged for pvp, that's it. There are no difference in quests or any game content between any of the server designations.

Conversely, the only thing different on a PvE server from a pvp server is that in order to participate in open world pvp you have to voluntarily flag yourself in some way of which there are four methods.

1. Toggle the pvp flag by right clicking on your portrait.

2. Run into an opposing faction base area and the game will give you a 10 second warning countdown.

3. Target and attack a flagged player of the opposite faction.

4. Target a flagged player of your own faction and heal them or your companion heal them.

How to avoid this if you don't want to pvp, don't toggle flag is obvious, stay away from enemy bases is also obvious, turn off auto target enemies and don't tab target too quickly; lastly, don't group with flagged players.

There are quest that in order to complete them you are:

1) required to enter areas that flag you for pvp

2) participate in pvp WZ.

There are quest that in order to complete them you are:

1) required to enter areas that flag you for pvp

2) participate in pvp WZ.

There are quests that require PvP. True.

There are quests that require PvP that you are required to complete. False.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

To make myself clear, Would it really be so bad for there to be 1-3 servers that are purely pve? You all are replying as if I want the entire list of servers changed. If you believe I have, please explain where I made such a statement. I only pointed out that the current pve servers are not entirely pve.

Most servers are pve only, you don't have to engage in pvp unless you join warzones?

you mean like the people that dance around you in Heroic 4 event PVE content until you get flagged and then they attack and wipe the group while they are also battling a Heroic Boss. Yeah like that?

To make myself clear, Would it really be so bad for there to be 1-3 servers that are purely pve? You all are replying as if I want the entire list of servers changed. If you believe I have, please explain where I made such a statement. I only pointed out that the current pve servers are not entirely pve.

Then if there were these pve type servers you suggest. Then it would only be fair that Major Pierce, HK-51, and any other PvP related rewards become unavailable for people on such a server.

Quests you are required to complete, no. Quests that require pvp to complete to add story, yes.

Thank you for agreeing. I'm not sure what your point is at this point.

There are quests that require FPs and I don't care for those. There are quests that require dailies and I don't care for those. Know what I CHOOSE to do? I choose to NOT complete those quests. Yes, sometimes I really really really want the rewards or whatever... but I don't like it, so I don't do it. I accept the consequences or loss of "rewards" from those quests.

My choice.

Not at all, that would be perfectly acceptable. Such servers should not have any of the rewards that currently have PvP elements. Nor should anyone be able to complete their achievements on those servers. Take the PvP out completely, that's fair.

Lol whaaaaaat? xD

It's like you're agreeing there should still remain to be PvP achievements. And here I thought you wanted all PvP related things ousted from PvE servers, despite the PvP achievements remaining, and thus never having completed all achievements...

you can make characters on pvp servers if you care about pvp elements(including achievements, but I'm guess you assume I ment the in game achievements. Do personal achievement not matter to you without some in game tracker?), isn't that the point?

Then we're back to square one. You don't really want a PvE server, you want the rewards for PvP quests without having to PvP. That's wholly unreasonable.

asking for character that adds story but require you to be in a competative environment, might as well call CoD a rpg if thats your view point.

Thats unreasonable since those characters add to the story. Isn't that what rpgs are about?

Except they don't. At least not in 4.0. You might get some dialogue between him at the beginning, but once he's obtained, there's no personal dialogue, etc. It's just another character to add to your books. I'd hardly count that as RPG elements or indeed "adding to the story".

Thank you for agreeing. I'm not sure what your point is at this point.

There are quests that require FPs and I don't care for those. There are quests that require dailies and I don't care for those. Know what I CHOOSE to do? I choose to NOT complete those quests. Yes, sometimes I really really really want the rewards or whatever... but I don't like it, so I don't do it. I accept the consequences or loss of "rewards" from those quests.

My choice.

And is story not a valid choice?

Except they don't. At least not in 4.0. You might get some dialogue between him at the beginning, but once he's obtained, there's no personal dialogue, etc. It's just another character to add to your books. I'd hardly count that as RPG elements or indeed "adding to the story".
Doesn't change the fact that it adds story.