The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Akk Dog

Cindlehr

I'd like to know, Bioware...what happens with the Akk dog now that you've taken the Underworld Alliance pack off the market? Can it please return as some sort of straight Cartel sale like Treek was? Because I'm willing to bet not very many people got the dog - and even fewer will be able to afford the market prices for them now that it seems the license for the dog is no longer available through the crates. Edited by falconschild

I'd like to know, Bioware...what happens with the Akk dog now that you've taken the Underworld Alliance pack off the market? Can it please return as some sort of straight Cartel sale like Treek was? Because I'm willing to bet not very many people got the dog - and even fewer will be able to afford the market prices for them now that it seems the license for the dog is no longer available through the crates.

There are people hoarding those items for the future. I have 3 spare dog licenses to resell later or trade for other companions. :p

I was just thinking of this since the probe droid in the current pack is going to have the same issue, along with any other beasts and droids that they release in this way in future packs.

It makes you wonder if there could be some sort of "grand pack" for companion contracts, although there aren't many options to randomize between just yet.

Failing that, perhaps they slot the contracts in as a 33% (or however much) chance to drop alongside a customization in the grand pack for those? (Chance at getting the extra item. The item itself would then be randomized between the available options.)

Either idea would provide a stable place to obtain these companion unlocks after the packs they come from have been phased out (which would be in keeping with their goal to roll other featured pack contents into the drop tables for the grand packs when that pack gets phased out).

EDIT: Correction: Their intent is to add items to the grand pack drops tables at the same time when the month's featured pack is released.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/01/swtor-cartel-market-changes-in-fallen-empire/

Pack Embargos – When a monthly pack is removed from the Cartel Market, it is unlikely to return to the market in that form. However, the specific items that are found in that pack are all automatically placed in their corresponding Bronze, Silver or Gold Pack. Ex: The Example pack launches on September 1st with an example mount. On September 1st, you can also now get the Example mount out of the Silver and Gold Mount packs. On October 1st, the Example pack is embargoed from the Cartel Market, however, the Example mount will remain available in the Silver and Gold packs for the rest of time.
Edited by Muljo_Stpho

There are people hoarding those items for the future. I have 3 spare dog licenses to resell later or trade for other companions. :p

Smart :)

I bought just 10 packs of the newest one the other day - didn't get the item I wanted, but got a couple gold items and silver ones that netted about 6-7 million in total revenue. Its "safer" to just buy the packs and resell the packs as is - but way more "funner" to buy the packs, open them up, and then sell what you get out of it

Buy packs = Sell packs = Buy dog, 1 Hypercrate could have gotten you the dog imo

LOL! Take a good look at what the garbage in those packs are going for on the GTN vs the Akk dog. You might get 3-4 mil, and even that's optimistic. The Zildrog armor sets are gold items and I'm still trying to get rid of the lower set of that piece of crap for even a half-million.

LOL! Take a good look at what the garbage in those packs are going for on the GTN vs the Akk dog. You might get 3-4 mil, and even that's optimistic. The Zildrog armor sets are gold items and I'm still trying to get rid of the lower set of that piece of crap for even a half-million.

Sell the packs, not what is in them, Force alliance packs are selling for 450k ea, and the Hypercrate for 7.38 million Ea on Harbinger, and the droids and dogs are both 10-13 million, so less than 2 hypercrates.

Depends on how you work it ;)

I buy crates off the gtn, open them (Homer Simpson Lotto, Wheeee!) Use the items i like, and sell what i dont, i more often than not break even on the resales. So i get the items I want, and my money back usually.

Might be my server though. GTNing CM items here is usually profitable.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Depends on how you work it ;)

I buy crates off the gtn, open them (Homer Simpson Lotto, Wheeee!) Use the items i like, and sell what i dont, i more often than not break even on the resales. So i get the items I want, and my money back usually.

Might be my server though. GTNing CM items here is usually profitable.

Not experience that. sure one or two items sell big such as the Akk Dog but generally these are also the items I want. the items I don't want sell for as little as 5k to 80k the odd one maybe 100k. might sound a lot if selling a lot of cartel items but never really feel I have made the game credits for real money spent. At present a 200 cc cartel pack sells for what 350k if that seen a lot for 270k. Not sure that is worth the 200cc.

OK I buy packs yes but its not to make in-game credits, I think that's a fools errand and no item even the aak dog which I feely admit I want is not worth selling cartel stuff to buy it off the GTN. Yes do sell items but in-game credits is not the motivation. its just practical to make room in cargo and legacy banks. That's how I see it and every players has to decide for them selves if its worth it to them. putting cartel packs on GTN to raze 7-8mil will cost what in real money, £50-£60 or more. Not sure that's a wise investment at all.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Then buy it on the GTN for 100% play money. 8-10 million or so, depending on server.

Or don't buy it at all.

12 million on mine, and noooo thanks. I earned about 15mill during the "Great Lokin Gold Rush", and spent that adding a half-dozen armor sets, four mounts (including a hover-throne for my main), a half-dozen exclusive weapons, about 8 color crystals, and about a dozen decorations (including statues of Shae Vizla and Revan) to my collections. The cc I would have spent on another hypercrate? Unlocking all that stuff for all my characters, Thexans armor (which looks amazing on an assassin, and still more than enough left over for legacy unlocks on two new toons.

I love dogs, and having one at my Inquisitor's side would be awsomesauce (and of course a status symbol), but there are just way too many equally cool things the credits could go to.

Edited by ZanyaCross

What was the "great lokin gold rush?"

In order to raise Lokin's affection you needed a lot of certain bio-materials that I and a bunch of others with high-level bio were able to score lots of. After taking exactly a couple of hours to raise his affection to 10, I started selling it off as fast as I could gather. Was going for up to 1900 credits a piece, and stacks of 99 were flying out of my inventory as fast as I could gather and put them up.

I still gather and sell here and there, but they're only fetching a fourth of the price (if that, and selling nowhere near as quickly, hence why I'm not so concerned about letting people in on the secret) since the rakghoul event ended and the market got completely saturated.