Commando / Merc classes are utter sh*t for PvP

sartt

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaff flare/ Decoy Needs to give us stealth for 8 seconds that cant be broken by damage or non damaging abilities used by the Merc or commando using it.

hell no. it just needs to be a better hard counter for direct dmg on a longer cd.

Yep. Remove the charges and make it absorb everything for a short time. It lasts less than a heartbeat under focus fire right now.

you can't really just do that either. the problem is twofold: it doesn't last long enough to deter multiple enemies from focusing you (like barrier, PW or stealth would). however, when someone barriers, PWs or stealths, they're also not able to churn out their dps rotation.

imo, chaff flares is fine. KO is what needs to be reformed into something more practical and put on a longer cd. or do a lot more refinement with that RO nonsense.

you can't really just do that either. the problem is twofold: it doesn't last long enough to deter multiple enemies from focusing you (like barrier, PW or stealth would). however, when someone barriers, PWs or stealths, they're also not able to churn out their dps rotation.

imo, chaff flares is fine. KO is what needs to be reformed into something more practical and put on a longer cd. or do a lot more refinement with that RO nonsense.

6 sec total resistance would be better. On top of shield + adrenal when focused *should* give enough time for the team to hit an opponent. The issue with merc compared to sorcs is self - heals. But sorcs on the other hand are op.

Edited by Aetideus

While pve is pretty sad atm they can't do the chaff flare 6 seconds of total immunity because of that very reason it would break pve and cause even greater cheese possibilities then it does currently especially on top of the fact that arsenal is in a top top spot for pve dps

Healing mercs aside, is this thread a joke? Mercs have the most insane damage in the game without a shadow of a doubt. Sure, your defences are lacking but you're a ranged glass cannon! I find it easier to deal with pts than mercs. I have 1 of every ac on imperial faction so I'm not a hater, mercs are beasts, just keep your distance. Power techs go down like tasty cake after a weeks fasting, useless defences, once they're caught they're gone. Everyone thinks this meta is about burst...try gearing a little more towards survival and you'll see pts and the like aren't so tough, currently geared both my jugg and sin with dps stats but tank spec and roflstomping everything in sight, burst???...pfff only 25% of my hp.

Merc rocket out is the only 20m non-targeted leap in the game (albeit backwards) that does NOT provide any sort of immunity. Sniper, Operatives and Warriors all get a complete dodge, for agents it is on a 20 second cd (or twice every 10 seconds.) Yet mercs have one that is backwards (I dont even think I need to say all the problems here) and you can die in mid air. It also cannot be used while rooted (snipers can) and has many clipping issues. God forbid you hit a tiny barrel or crate, you will dud halfway through.

What mercs need is a rocket out that can dodge ALL moves for that measly second you are in the air. A good player will know to use it as either a gap creator for melee or a dodge for ranged classes. In addition, fix the clipping. If you hit a bump in the road, a small object, make rocket out travel over it. I dont mean a wall or a cliff, just small objects.

The main problem with mercs, though, is the awful utility tree layout. You have to make too many crappy utility decisions that no other classes need to make.

For what it's worth, here's a video i did on merc healing, this is an actual warzone gameplay video, with some niced incoming damage at times, i personally like merc healing, sure it's not a sorcerer, however i think it's still totally viable

Like i said for what it's worth..

It would also greatly benefit mercs/mandos if they changed it so that it launches you forward, not backward. Change the name from Propulsion Round/Rocket Out to Rocket Boots. It would be so much easier to use, and avoid obstacles. Everyone else gets to leap/charge forward, while we're stuck trying to jump backwards and not hit anything.

In my opinion, it would only make sense to be launched forward in order to get in range to a target fast or to get faster to some place, but i think this is exactly what a Mando/Merc shouldn't do, we should always approach carefully and if we want a bit of run in fight, just Hold The Line. Being able to lauch backwards helps you to get in ranged position with targets attacking you from behind and without the need to rotate.

Another thing a Mando/Merc should be good at is positional awareness, we are ranged, we have a broader view of melee combat and targets since we are distant to them, so being launched backwards to end up dead or against something is a matter of not knowing and being aware of your surroundings.

Edited by pjaogg

In my opinion, it would only make sense to be launched forward in order to get in range to a target fast or to get faster to some place, but i think this is exactly what a Mando/Merc shouldn't do, we should always approach carefully and if we want a bit of run in fight, just Hold The Line. Being able to lauch backwards helps you to get in ranged position with targets attacking you from behind and without the need to rotate.

Another thing a Mando/Merc should be good at is positional awareness, we are ranged, we have a broader view of melee combat and targets since we are distant to them, so being launched backwards to end up dead or against something is a matter of not knowing and being aware of your surroundings.

Huh?

Lightening sorcs are range players too. Yet you don't see them having to be completely aware of everything at all times in order to use their basic escape abilities.

Mercs and Mandos not only have to know where they are, not only have to know where the opposing players are, not only have to know where every single little object is behind them, but also has to know what is the proper angle to use the rocket out so I get to the point I was shooting for.

Heck, if you are that focused on situational awareness, I would hate to see your damage numbers by the end of the match. Odds are the healers will out dps you.

Huh?

Lightening sorcs are range players too. Yet you don't see them having to be completely aware of everything at all times in order to use their basic escape abilities.

What you say doesn't make sense... you don't have any way to measure the awareness of others simply because you're not inside their brain... How can you say that one player or another is more aware of various aspects of the game than other? You can have a clue by how they play, but you will never know that completely...

Mercs and Mandos not only have to know where they are, not only have to know where the opposing players are, not only have to know where every single little object is behind them, but also has to know what is the proper angle to use the rocket out so I get to the point I was shooting for.

How's that so hard to do? You do have eyes, a monitor, a brain, a mouse and a keyboard right? I'm sorry if that's hard for you. For me it's intuitive.

Heck, if you are that focused on situational awareness, I would hate to see your damage numbers by the end of the match. Odds are the healers will out dps you.

The DPS argument again... Well... If you think a player is as good and influentional by measuring it's DPS, i guess you have a lot to learn... Just please tell me the server you play and the name of your chars in order for me to remember and never play with you in my team.

Regarding my damage, usually in 8 vs 8 i stand in top 4 (i think i was first in one WZ last night, but i'm not sure since i don't care much about that, we did won and it was a nice teamplay... that i remember). In Arenas, depends of my spec and various aspects, sometimes first, sometimes last.

Edited by pjaogg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Mercs/Mandos have enough to worry about without having to try to finesse a skill that isn't all that great to begin with. We need to catch a break somewhere. Time lost is life lost. Losing time trying to find the perfect angle to use this ability just ain't cool, man.

• 3 weeks later...

I took rocket out out of my bar. It has very few situations where it's extremely useful.

Give us a talent that

a) shortens the cooldown of hydraulic overrides by 1.5 seconds upon taking damage

b) same talent gives us pt speed boost while using hydraulic overrides

lol. do it.

Don't do that.

It's not a great ability by any stretch of the imagination, but it has its uses. If for no other reason than an extra burst of speed when travelling between nodes.

And, you failed to mention you can buttcharge across acid pits in huttball. Man, you can't take buttcharge off the hotbars! That's just sacrilege.

And, you failed to mention you can buttcharge across acid pits in huttball. Man, you can't take buttcharge off the hotbars! That's just sacrilege.

That's very true. Hydraulic over the first firepit, 'buttcharge' (lol) over the second, and your HO will carry you most of the way to the line. I've scored a good few goals like that.

It's just a shame that because people mainly use it to go forward, we don't have an ability that looks a little less... derpish. Heh.

Edited by Jherad

Don't do that.

It's not a great ability by any stretch of the imagination, but it has its uses. If for no other reason than an extra burst of speed when travelling between nodes.

I did just fine without it when we didn't have it, and doing just fine again now that it's off my bar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.