9 Chapters without class specific story...

Nersond

I played the 9 Chapters two times ( dark and light ) without skiping ( And it was nice! ).

I played a third time with 70 % skiping. And than I saw the diffrence between my motivation in Shadows of Revan and Kotfe. In Kotfe is really no class specific story. In SoR it was not much, but I played it with all classes!

I wait until my Abo ends and torture myself while skiping the story for the rest of my Chars.:confused:

And I hope that in my next Abo time there will be a Chapter with class story!:rak_02:

In my eys, a big mistake from BW. One Chapter class story would have been "AWESOME"...

Edited by Nersond

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. The SoR class specific missions were short but still enjoyable and had a good impact.

If they plan on adding something like the SoR missions into the coming chapters of KotFE, it could only make the expansion better. Doesn't matter if they're short missions like they were in SoR as long as they take time to think it out and make it worthwhile.

I just feel that if they don't add specific content for each class, this fantastic expansion will be lacking because of the absence of special class development moments that could be sprinkled here and there.

Well you are right about the Dream of Empire mission but it's not very special to each class.

Go here and kill things while Valk talks in your head.

I guess there may have been some little class specific moments in there like the one about your crew making a last stand and some dialogue for your class only but its pretty much the same stuff for each class.

On the other hand, the Scion fight was interesting having to fight old enemies and things like that but that still doesn't compare to doing something like

extending your life in the Inquisitor's Rishi story mission, meeting your former master as a JK, or force choking the Emperor's Hand as a SW.

Again, the mini class moments in KotFE are cool but don't really have an impact like the SoR missions above. I would like class missions that aren't considered a KotFE chapter but something seperate that are *completely* special to each one of the classes. Not just the same Dream of Empire mission over and over on each character. The Dream mission may have had some class specific content in it but it's the same mission and you're doing the same things. It would be nice to have more class missions like those on Rishi because they were unique and very rememberable unlike the class moments in the KotFE chapters listed above.

Yeah from a coding standpoint there is no class specific story... All they basically did was code NPCs from the last for you to shoot, or try to save. They provide no real substance like the SoR one.

However I would not expect them later either. They specifically stated that this expac would be a shared story with class "flavor" thrown in here or there. It's one of the reasons I said story fans may walk away disappointed.

Maybe they might allow us to choose (or just force us depending on our class) few different ways to reach a destination/target....for example: we need to kill someone in a well guarded facility and the SW might just assault the front door and fight their way inside while the agent may sneak from some hidden entrance (create one) or something?

...to be honest I am more worried about them allowing our chars to use the skills they learned from 1-50 than anything: Senya throwing my JC like she did....my SI being fried from the little Valkorion's lightning etc....

Edited by Saelinne

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I just really wish they'd acknowledge our classes more. My JK killed the f**king Emperor!! MULTIPLE TIMES!! My SW was his Wrath!

It's like they don't care about my many accomplishments :'( They're all just "Your actions have changed the galaxy." My actions have done a lot more than that!

To be honest, I just really wish they'd acknowledge our classes more. My JK killed the f**king Emperor!! MULTIPLE TIMES!! My SW was his Wrath!

It's like they don't care about my many accomplishments :'( They're all just "Your actions have changed the galaxy." My actions have done a lot more than that!

I agree, they should focus on us more...they say stuff like 'we've changed the galaxy' and we're needed etc, but then we get rag dolled by Arcann and glared at and invisi stabbed by Vaylin, and Lana basically tells us we're not all that because Arcann doesn't fear us...it makes me feel kind of crappy...like if we suck so bad, why are you here rescuing us?

Maybe it's just me, but it kinda ticks me off lol.:o

Edited by Lunafox

like making You leader of republic+empire alliance? oh wait...

i agree with most of what was said yes the overall story should be the same But change dialogue choices, liek no matter what you choose to do or say you end with the same results either way with a few minor changes. And why would the Emperor say "you alone have merited my full attention" to anyone other than HoT and Wrath? it makes no sense especially since other classes exist within your story so if you play as a none force user why would he say that to the smuggler when HoT and Wrath have clearly been the only two to have direct contact with and engaged him? I think they had a missed opportunity to make the overall arcing story the same but make it unique to each class, you know we would have loved that, so you still have a unique and fun time every time you play, i played it once DS and once LS..not really much of a difference. Once you play through it once it's like playing the same game again with other toons. I love the story through the Wrath and the HoT's eyes but other than that it make no sense. I also don't like how weak they make you look in this one...come on man the 4 force user classes are the strongest sith/jedi of this era, we are being man handled. We should atleast be on par with arcann

At least the Wrath is recognized in revan expansion , The Sorc is completely Ignored :(

i agree with most of what was said yes the overall story should be the same But change dialogue choices, liek no matter what you choose to do or say you end with the same results either way with a few minor changes. And why would the Emperor say "you alone have merited my full attention" to anyone other than HoT and Wrath? it makes no sense especially since other classes exist within your story so if you play as a none force user why would he say that to the smuggler when HoT and Wrath have clearly been the only two to have direct contact with and engaged him? I think they had a missed opportunity to make the overall arcing story the same but make it unique to each class, you know we would have loved that, so you still have a unique and fun time every time you play, i played it once DS and once LS..not really much of a difference. Once you play through it once it's like playing the same game again with other toons. I love the story through the Wrath and the HoT's eyes but other than that it make no sense. I also don't like how weak they make you look in this one...come on man the 4 force user classes are the strongest sith/jedi of this era, we are being man handled. We should atleast be on par with arcann

Consular deals with his personalties inside his Children.

extending your life in the Inquisitor's Rishi story mission, meeting your former master as a JK, or force choking the Emperor's Hand as a SW.

Nor

Promising to testify against Garza in her well-deserved trial for what amounts to war crimes. I was *so* pleased to be able to do that. I'd been hoping for something like that for my main ever since that incident on Coruscant, "cyborgs are bad so you must kill these people who don't even know they are cyborgs" - "Hey! I'm a cyborg, what the lleh are you talking about?"

The story in Kotfe is good and well made, and I personally enjoyed playing it, but in all honesty there really was no connection to your actual character history, it felt much more like a stand-alone game than a continuation of previous events. This to me is a bad thing and I wont be subbing to the game as long as it's like that, it feels unsafe and meaningless to try to "make your own toon" in the latest story considering how the history has been handled.

So yeah I quite agree with the OP, a Shadow of Revan style story would've been better -- where the class story is very little, but totally worth it.

Edited by cirruz

This is pretty much why I have no desire to put anyone besides my main through the story yet. I am determined to see at least one of every class through SoR, 8 playthroughs, but KotFE?

Nope.

I think Bioware might have misinterpreted the data when they saw people rolling new characters and playing through story missions over and over.