The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you think Force Awakens will beat box office records?

Strive-US

Definitely.

Even though this generation goes to movies much less frequently than my generation did <I saw the original Starwars when I was in college in the 1970's. Pre-internet.;-). Talking to people at the box office at my neighborhood theatre, most showings are already sold out. <Although some adjustment for inflation might be in order. When I originally saw StarWars, the ticket price was $5. >

I don't think so.

While I plan to go to it, I think we'll find what happens is people hate it out right, or it'll be like The Phantom Menace. People loved it at first but then later came about to say "I hated it" :p

We've seen nothing of Luke, and the real SW fans have read the books, so now they're throwing that all away to say after RotJ Luke did nothing but stay hidden away...and by the looks of it, Han and Leia didn't have kids either.

It's not going to hold up to fan expectations, and while it will make back it's money because it'll be a special effects affair, I get this feeling (that I hope is wrong) that in the end it will fail to actually be fun for the real fans.

I don't think so.

While I plan to go to it, I think we'll find what happens is people hate it out right, or it'll be like The Phantom Menace. People loved it at first but then later came about to say "I hated it" :p

We've seen nothing of Luke, and the real SW fans have read the books, so now they're throwing that all away to say after RotJ Luke did nothing but stay hidden away...and by the looks of it, Han and Leia didn't have kids either.

It's not going to hold up to fan expectations, and while it will make back it's money because it'll be a special effects affair, I get this feeling (that I hope is wrong) that in the end it will fail to actually be fun for the real fans.

It's already been breaking preorder ticket sales multiple times over in $6.5 million ticket sales, breaking Imax records beating TDK rises, Hunger Games and Avengers, so they blew away all those movies in ticket orders.

Fandango has gotten unpresendented ticket sales.

Movietickets their tickets sales has comprised over 95% first ticket sales since any title before and had 3x the traffic than it's highest peak in the company's 15+ year history.

It's gonna break records here, seeing as it already has done so, it's the most anticipated movie of the year and there's a HUGE hype surrounding it.

AMC in less than 12 hours sold out already more than 1,000 shows nationwide and beat the previous record of their advanced ticket sales 10X over.

That and it doesn't really have any or much competition, this is a huge franchise with a giant fanbase worldwid.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think it will crush box office records. Release is at a very good time. Movie is looking very good and being Star Wars with such a world wide appeal to it. Again yes, yes it will. I'm going with $220mil+ opening weekend for US release alone.

It's already been breaking preorder ticket sales multiple times over in $6.5 million ticket sales, breaking Imax records beating TDK rises, Hunger Games and Avengers, so they blew away all those movies in ticket orders.

Fandango has gotten unpresendented ticket sales.

Movietickets their tickets sales has comprised over 95% first ticket sales since any title before and had 3x the traffic than it's highest peak in the company's 15+ year history.

It's gonna break records here, seeing as it already has done so, it's the most anticipated movie of the year and there's a HUGE hype surrounding it.

AMC in less than 12 hours sold out already more than 1,000 shows nationwide and beat the previous record of their advanced ticket sales 10X over.

That and it doesn't really have any or much competition, this is a huge franchise with a giant fanbase worldwid.

We'll see. I think when it gets released it will have poor reviews or be one of those movies people second guess later. Like they all did with the first Prequal movie :p

We'll see. I think when it gets released it will have poor reviews or be one of those movies people second guess later. Like they all did with the first Prequal movie :p

TPM actually got mixed reviews, the loudness of its haters is just more apparent. It too also broke records and was considered a financial success.

IMD gave it a 6.5/10 too.

So...yeah, even the first movie was pretty good, the hate is just the loudest.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

To start of with I Think the OP is trolling . . ...

Or possibly not knowing that Star Wars is the mother and father of how a Movie franchise is created, Old George did get caught in the Dark Side and did only cater his story to do well as a franchise and generate income.

Episode 7 will break box office numbers with a wide margin, and I bet you all that the majority of the ticket buyers to the listed top selling movies were star Wars Fans . . .

To do so, it would have to beat:

• Titanic ($2.2B)
  • Jurassic World ($1.7B)
  • The Avengers ($1.5B)
  • Furious 7 ($1.5B)

It will, for sure, break weekend records. But to break over all box office records....not so sure. It all depends on how well received the film is. If it lives up to the hype, then oh hell yes it will.

But if it falls short, it bomb. And you can thank the reception of the prequels for that.

It will, for sure, break weekend records. But to break over all box office records....not so sure. It all depends on how well received the film is. If it lives up to the hype, then oh hell yes it will.

But if it falls short, it bomb. And you can thank the reception of the prequels for that.

The prequels didn't bomb though, they were a success.