How do you defeat Arcann?

AlaricCosine

Arcann - cutscene awesome. :rolleyes:

Every day, I come across another reason to not bother taking any of my characters through KotFE's trash.

Assuming you want to access whatever multiplayer stuff they keep saying they have planned for the next installment...you will have to just to access it.

• 7 years later...

This has got to be the most frustrating solo battle thus far.   After finding my weapons useless, I then figured out the shield direction toward the Force Generators. I make my way around, and nearly clear all of those.  I whittle Arcann down to about 1/3 left of his health when he starts to direct the thick barrage of yellow bolts toward me. Are you, at that point supposed to continue lifting the shield back up to deflect his yellow lightning bolts toward you?  Are you supposed to shoot with a ranged weapon?  I have tried both ways, only to unsuccessfuly succumb to his melee of devastation.  I can’t defeat him no matter what I try.  He gets me at the very end when the building starts to crumble. There have been times when I had to go back and pick up the shield off the designated spot repeatedly during battle with Arcann still having 100% of his health.  It’s madness!  ( UPDATE:after about try 51, I FINALLY got his butt!  🤪.   OMG!

Edited by GeminiStarseed

On 10/20/2023 at 3:16 PM, GeminiStarseed said:

This has got to be the most frustrating solo battle thus far.   After finding my weapons useless, I then figured out the shield direction toward the Force Generators. I make my way around, and nearly clear all of those.  I whittle Arcann down to about 1/3 left of his health when he starts to direct the thick barrage of yellow bolts toward me. Are you, at that point supposed to continue lifting the shield back up to deflect his yellow lightning bolts toward you?  Are you supposed to shoot with a ranged weapon?  I have tried both ways, only to unsuccessfuly succumb to his melee of devastation.  I can’t defeat him no matter what I try.  He gets me at the very end when the building starts to crumble. There have been times when I had to go back and pick up the shield off the designated spot repeatedly during battle with Arcann still having 100% of his health.  It’s madness!  Adter about try 51, I FINALLY got his butt!  🤪.   OMG!

Sounds like you might be under-geared.

Spoiler

Keep the shield up, don't bother with direct attacks. You won't need the special weapon you built. Face the energy attacks and absorb the energy bolts to charge up the shield, stay out of his round knock back that will discharge the shield but you can absorb the Triangle shaped one if your close to him when he casts it. When the shield is charged smack him with it, that will do the most damage. Every time you drop the shield reequip it and only use the shield. On the final knock back when the beams drop from the ceiling keep the shield up and walk towards him, don't stop keep pushing forward. When you get near him start spamming the shield bash till you hit him the final time. And that's all you need to do.

You only need 200 gear or higher. Don't bother with the special weapon you built, it is not needed. Stick with the shield and bash him with it every time it is charged.

It's a simple fight. You don't need high end gear....

5 hours ago, denavin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Keep the shield up, don't bother with direct attacks. You won't need the special weapon you built. Face the energy attacks and absorb the energy bolts to charge up the shield, stay out of his round knock back that will discharge the shield but you can absorb the Triangle shaped one if your close to him when he casts it. When the shield is charged smack him with it, that will do the most damage. Every time you drop the shield reequip it and only use the shield. On the final knock back when the beams drop from the ceiling keep the shield up and walk towards him, don't stop keep pushing forward. When you get near him start spamming the shield bash till you hit him the final time. And that's all you need to do.

You only need 200 gear or higher. Don't bother with the special weapon you built, it is not needed. Stick with the shield and bash him with it every time it is charged.

It's a simple fight. You don't need high end gear....

Considering he is on try 50+, his gear might be way below 200... or perhaps it needs repairs, if all those 50 were in a row with no repairs in between (unlikely, but who knows)... Since, you're correct - it's a simple fight. And they go overboard with all the arrows in it to make sure you don't miss the mechanics.

What I'm saying is that you don't need purple or gold gear, it can be done in green gear. But the mechanics is key. I think I've done this in gear as low as 190 green gear before. But 200 green gear or higher is all that is needed so long as you play the mechanics of the fight. This fight is ALL about the mechanics.