Assassin PVE progression

Ravadaxxx

Im pretty new player in SW:TOR and i can't decide which inqusitor advanced class to choose. I think i prefer more assassin but is he viable and good in progression pve content and can do all operations at all levels?

Sorry for all this questions but a lot of people told me that melee dpses are discriminated in this game and overall ranged>>>>melee. Can i stick with assassin or should change to sorcerer?

Mostly the discrimination came about in 3.0 with Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice, both of which have a lot of mechanics that really pummel melee. A lot of the older ops aren't as anti melee (although it's always better to have a balance between the two in a group of you can).

I have done a lot of assassin tanking, and it's very viable so long as you can keep your dark ward and dark protection up, and the DPS specs can be a lot of fun, Hatred for dot spec, deception for stealth focused more direct damage spec. Sins are fine for any content I can think of.

Deception currently does more single target damage and has very good target switching ability. It also has better passive defensive's with 9% flat DR and 30% AOE DR from Entropic Field. The only fights where I would consider switching to Hatred would be fights where I could guarantee a good dot spread multiple times in a fight to adds (ex Corrupter 0 or Revanite Commanders).

Deception currently does more single target damage and has very good target switching ability. It also has better passive defensive's with 9% flat DR and 30% AOE DR from Entropic Field. The only fights where I would consider switching to Hatred would be fights where I could guarantee a good dot spread multiple times in a fight to adds (ex Corrupter 0 or Revanite Commanders).

Only if you don't have super strong AoE in your group. 1 or 2 Snipers and you're better off running Deception anyway.

assassin has had a rough time since launch. at launch they weren't all that hot dps wise or even tank wise, yet everyone and their mother rolled one and took gear from the healer sorcs that were crucial and required for all early raiding. shadows on the other hand are and continue to be less common, largely because of the nature of those who choose to play pub side and the weakness of the consular storyline.

assassins and powertechs on the imp side have saturation problems with representation. it will be very hard for the average player who wants to play these two classes to break into existing raid groups unless you are an exceptional player or wish to tank. this is less so on the pub side, where everyone and their mother is a commando or guardian/sentinel/sage.